Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ Mayor's house ]

Laura punched the button to put her other caller on hold and returned to Mike. "I'm back. Like I said, the council needs to meet. Tonight, I'm afraid. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes."

You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

[Sheriff's House]

"Okay. I'll be right there then," Mike told her, wondering what was so important that it couldn't wait until Monday. He put the receiver down, cutting the phone off.

"There's a council meeting," He told Sandra. "I don't know how long it'll take. Goodwin says it won't last more than fifteen minutes, but you never know. I'll be back as soon as I can.". He said, seeing her nod. Mike gave her a hug and a kiss, then left the house, taking his Stetson and putting it on. The keys to the weapons' cabinet were also already on his belt, as was his side-arm, all signs of his current duty status.

He looked around before walking to the Mayor's office and saw just how dark it was. He could see the light at the side of the house though, and after a while as his eyes adjusted, it became clear that there were more lights on the houses in the streets. Though very faint, it all told him where he was going just fine.

He walked up to the front door of the Mayor's offices, and knocked on it, using his customary knocking-code.

Sheriff Mike Anderson

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Switching back to her other caller, Brian Hunt, Goodwin spoke into the phone, "Hi, Mayor Goodwin speaking. Thanks for holding. Can I help you?"

When the knock sounded on her door, she walked that way and flipped on the outside light. Thank goodness for cordless phones. Laura looked through the sidelight window then pulled open the door. "Hi, Mike. Thanks for coming so quickly. Ambina Djahm and Jose Heroux are on their way, too."
        She wiggled the phone to bring it to his attention, "I'm trying to get in touch with Kevin Cooper and Brian Hunt."

sigpic

Comment

[Mayor's Office/House]

"That's fine, Laura," Mike nodded, smiled at her and entered. This house, as well as his own, was about the only place where he took the hat off, so he did that and hung the hat on the coat rack by the door. He kept the side arm in its holster on the belt, however. When on duty, that was always there. He knew Laura wouldn't take offence with keeping the weapon. It was a token of his job.

He waited patiently until she was finished with using the phone, not moving from his spot by the door.

Sheriff Mike Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
            [ Mayor's house ]

Switching back to her other caller, Brian Hunt, Goodwin spoke into the phone, "Hi, Mayor Goodwin speaking. Thanks for holding. Can I help you?"

When the knock sounded on her door, she walked that way and flipped on the outside light. Thank goodness for cordless phones. Laura looked through the sidelight window then pulled open the door. "Hi, Mike. Thanks for coming so quickly. Ambina Djahm and Jose Heroux are on their way, too."
            She wiggled the phone to bring it to his attention, "I'm trying to get in touch with Kevin Cooper and Brian Hunt."

<Brian Hunts house>

Brian held the phone tightly, "yes, this is Brian Hunt, I am returning a call from the mayors office"

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

"Oh good. Mr. Hunt, this is Mayor Goodwin. We're holding a short emergency meeting of the Town Council and, since you're the new liason to the Base, you're an adjunct to the Council. This will only take about 15 minutes of your time."

Laura nodded toward the interior of the house and mouthed to Anderson, *Go on in and have a seat if you want.*

Last edited by Jynjyr; 19 January 2008, 09:49 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

[Mayor's House]

Mike nodded seriously, and went inside as requested. He headed to her office, seeing as this was official business and not a social call. He sat himself down in one of the available chairs, from where he had a full view of the room. The man found himself wondering what this was all about, besides Blue's visit. Something must have happened at the base, he decided. Something serious. He found he didn't like it one little bit already.

Sheriff Mike Anderson

Comment

<<NPC ~ Cooper's PA ~ Brihanna Simmons ~ Home>>

Brihanna sat before the mirror and removed the towel from her long, luscious jet black hair. She was about to pick up her brush when her PDA began to make its little noise. She rolled her eyes in frustration and picked it up. She let out a low growl of frustration. She read the note stating the mayor had called. "What does that woman want now?" She plopped it back onto her dresser, picked up the brush and ran it through her hair a couple of times. Letting a smile of satisfaction grow on her face, pleased with the results she headed towards the phone.

She dialed the Mayor's number and started tapping her long manicured nails on the surface of the table before her.

***ring***ring***ring***

"What is keeping that woman" she mumbled under her breath. "I am off for the evening and I have plans" She moved back to the dresser and sat before the mirror while she waited. Brihanna picked up the PDA and scrolled to the name. As she gave a little murmur a smirky grin spread across her face.
                  Last edited by aintright; 18 January 2008, 05:44 PM. Reason: to evil it up a little!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!
                  The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[ Park ]

Spoiler:
                    Cal leaned closer and slid her arm around Nick's waist. She was happy to sit in silence and just do nothing for a while. As pleasant as it was, Cal finally reached up and patted his cheek, "Hey, mister. Remember me?"
                    Sliding her fingers through his hair, she turned his face her way and laid a kiss on his lips. Deciding to take it slow, the woman broke off the passion and pulled back.
                    "I shocked you before didn't I? I'm sorry. Sometimes my mouth runs on without benefit of brains." Cal held a finger over Nick's mouth, stopping whatever protest he was about to make. "It's just that I keep thinking we wasted so much time sticking to the formalities. Even on Earth, we could have been friends, off duty at least. Did you know that your mother invited me to spend the holidays with your family? She said she had to meet the 'wonderful Callista' that you were always talking about."
                    Hugging Nick tight, she sniffled, "I really wanted to get to know them. Natalya and Alex sounded like true menschen."

[ Park ]

Nick found his own eyes stinging at the mention of his family. The family had gotten so varied that they celebrated every version of the year end holidays. From the middle of December to the middle of January, they had some special activity going on.
                    “They were,” he said into Cal’s curly hair, “They were the best. Papa would have adopted you in a heartbeat and Mom would have given you her secret recipe for Chai.”
                    The man cleared his throat and asked, “Where did you pick up that term, menschen? I don’t randomly break into Yiddish, do I?”
                    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                    sigpic

Comment

[ Park ]

Callista snickered against Nick’s neck, “No, you just drift into Russian. I looked up some words after I spoke with Natalya. I wanted to make a good impression and not look like a total dummy if I heard any. I looked up a little Russian, too.”
                      She quickly rattled off her entire vocabulary: hello, goodbye, please, thank you, no thank you, good morning and good night.
                      “And now I know another phrase, ‘Ya lublu tebya.’.” She knew her pronunciation was lousy but he would understand.

sigpic

Comment

“And now I know another phrase, ‘Ya lublu tebya’.”
                        (( OOC: Awwwwwww...... <3 ))

Comment

<Brian Hunt Place>

Brian paused, this was the first time he was included in state affairs, "I will be there shortly, goodbye Mayor" He then hung up te phone and left promptly for the house.

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Goodwin flipped back to the first line, connecting the new caller. "Mayor Goodwin's office. May I help you?"

sigpic

Comment

<<NPC ~ Cooper's PA ~ Brihanna Simmons ~ Home>>

"Ah yes Mayor Goodwin it is a pleasure to hear your voice" Brihanna had moved to her closet and was sorting through the many shirts hanging within. "There was a message to Mr. Cooper's office stating you were needing him. What can we do for you?" The syrupy sweetness rolled off her tongue instinctively. she reached to the nearby shelf and picked up the perfect pair of jeans and laid them out on her bed.
                              Last edited by aintright; 18 January 2008, 06:58 PM.
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!
                              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Laura stared up at the ceiling, begging for patience. "As I said in my message, I'm calling a short emergency meeting of the Council. Is Mr. Cooper available?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X