Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ Mayor's house ]

As soon as she said it, Laura wished she'd opted for gentler terminology. 'Acquired a symbiote' was much more politically correct than 'got snaked'. She waited out the uproar before trying answer any questions.

Ambina looked across the room and shook her head slowly at the mayor, more for her choice of words than the actual news. She remembered the first words spoken, 'General Blue came to town'. Something which would not have happened if the symbiote was a Goa'uld.
    Whilst the news was a suprise, Ambina had dealt with Tok'ra symbiotes before and would hold her opinion until she'd met it. Her curiousity was piqued however. How did the man find a symbiote if the Gate wasn't functioning?

Last edited by Jynjyr; 21 January 2008, 04:18 PM.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

<<NPC ~ Kevin Cooper ~ Brihanna Simmons ~ The Mayor's>>

Cooper listened as Hunt spoke and responded in his usual smooth way, "Brian, I am amazed you were able to turn them around as you did. The town of Foreston owes you a great deal for your ability to master the likes of our Mayor and the General. You should be extremely happy with your success." He looked Hunt directly in the eyes and gave him an 'atta boy' pat on the back. "I think you sell yourself short, Blue must have some confidence in you or he wouldn't let you on his base. Your dedication to our cause will not go unnoted. Word will get out to those who care. You are a town hero of sorts." He almost choked on his words, although the being amazed was truly quite accurate. He nodded on Hunt's request to enter the meeting and led the way into the office.

What followed there was nothing less that appalling. When Laura made her blunt exclamation Kevin had to suppress his inner desires. He felt Brihanna's stare drilling into him. She gave him that we must remain calm here look and he heeded her advice. He watched as the rest of the room disrupted and began to plan the response of the group he represented. This could actually work very favorably to their needs. He sneered at Laura with an 'I told you so!'

Brihanna remained calm and furiously made notes to her PDA. She was already constructing a memo from Kevin to be reviewed and blast mailed out to everyone on 'The List'. She smiled smuggly knowing where this could lead.

(("slinky little aide" eh!! flattery will get you everywhere!!))
      Last edited by aintright; 21 January 2008, 05:26 PM.
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[Mayor's House - her office]

Mike digested the news with more than a little shock.
        So he'd been talking to a 'snaked' general earlier. He had half a mind to throw the good man in the jail for not telling him. He could understand the reluctance though, given all the reactions here. As the shock died down, he looked around, needing something to vent off against. The frustration level was high. When spotting Brihanna with her PDA, tapping away furiously, the decision was made.

The sheriff got up, reaching Bri's spot with two large steps. He grabbed the PDA from her perfectly manicured hands, and hissed in her ear, venom dropping from each word. "I distinctly remember the mayor told you to use PAPER and PEN."
        Before she could reach for the PDA he had already left the room and the house. Outside, clangs of metal against metal could be heard as Mike dropped the PDA in the trash can, making sure the device was beneath a lot of garbage. He guessed the thing was probably waterproof, so Brihanna would still be able to use it, but the sight of her having to search the can, would be most satisfying indeed.

He returned to the room with a smile, and brushed his hands against each other, thus removing specks of remaining dirt.

Sheriff Mike Anderson

Comment

Cooper jumped to his feet, fists clutched at his side. His face was red with rage. You could have steamed the wrinkles out of your laundry with the smoke pluming out of his ears. He was about to follow Mike out the door and his hands around the sherriff's neck would be soon to follow. However, Ms. Simmons response seemed to pull the release valve on his anger.

Brihanna knew that staying calm here was paramount to their cause. If word got out that she and Cooper made a scene over this it could bump people on the fence in the wrong direction. She casually reached over and picked up the pad and pencil that lay on the table beside her. She did not even look at Kevin and prayed he would follow her lead. She looked up at the stunned room and tapped the pencil on the paper as if she waited to transcribe the next comments out of their mouths. She straightened herself to her fullest posture, slowly ran her tongue across her lips. With a slight tilt of her head and a bat of her lashes she waited quietly as Mike reentered the room.

Kevin stood for a second in utter shock knowing what the device meant to her. He started to leave the room to retrieve it for her. Hesitated, and slowly returned to his seat. He turned to Laura, "So in light of the fact that you are allowing the "snaked" General to wander loose in our town without even a courtesy notification to the sherriff; what exactly is his condition?" Without a breath or chance for her to respond he snarled "Exactly how do you plan to handle this Mayor or do you have any intentions of a plan?"

((her PDA! ... i think i will take back the nice things i said about mike! lol!))
          Last edited by aintright; 22 January 2008, 01:00 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

[Jack's Place]

Lance accepted the offered taste of the risotto after taking a sip of his beer to cleanse his palate. Savoring it, he had to admit it was quite good. "I'm definitely much more of a steak man, but that's very tasty. The texture to it is just right." He finished his beer and switched to water for the rest of the meal. He was really enjoying the steak. "Oh, you don't have to worry about me heading out here while you're on mission, unless Hutchinson drags me, and in that case I'd have an overzealous chaperone. To be honest, I'm planning to save as much of my leave time as I can to coincide with yours."

He noticed Kim's eyes glance to the door as she threw a slight wave and turned to notice Zack and Sarah taking a seat. He smiled and threw a casual wave of his own, appreciative that they didn't just come over to the table, though since they were largely through their meal it wouldn't have helped them get their food any faster.

Finishing their meals, Lance was too full to accept any dessert, though he did take a coffee. As his coffee came and Kim's dessert he heard the door open and saw the General and Calli enter. "Looks like we've got chaperones now," he said to Kim with a smile as he waved at them.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

[Mayor's house - office]

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by aintright View Post

Cooper jumped to his feet, fists clutched at his side. His face was red with rage. You could have steamed the wrinkles out of your laundry with the smoke pluming out of his ears. He was about to follow Mike out the door and his hands around his neck would be soon to follow. However, Ms. Simmons response seemed to pull the release valve on his anger.

Brihanna knew that staying calm here was paramount to their cause. If word got out that she and Cooper made a scene over this it could bump people on the fence in the wrong direction. She casually reached over and picked up the pad and pencil that lay on the table beside her. She did not even look at Kevin and prayed he would follow her lead. She looked up at the stunned room and tapped the pencil on the paper as if she waited to transcribe the next comments out of their mouths. She straightened herself to her fullest posture, slowly ran her tongue across her lips. With a slight tilt of her head and a bat of her lashes she waited quietly as Mike reentered the room.

Kevin stood for a second in utter shock knowing what the device meant to her. He started to leave the room to retrieve it for her. Hesitated, and slowly returned to his seat. He turned to Laura, "So what exactly is the General's condition and how do you plan to handle this Mayor?"

((her PDA! ... i think i will take back the nice things i said about mike!))

Mike sat down again, relieved to see neither Cooper nor Simmons had resorted to violence. After all, it was just a little tease. Something to vent stuff about. He gave the two an apologetic shrug, then turned back to Laura. He didn't think she would remark on what he'd done, but sat ready to accept any type of reprimand she saw fit to bestow on him. He knew what he'd done was wrong, and already regretted it.

Sheriff Mike Anderson

((Sorry. It's not as if it's totally destroyed. It's just under a bit of garbage. Probably garden stuff. ))

Comment

[Jack's Place]
                Spoiler:

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                They soon arrived at Jack's and, after one last brush down to lose the leaves, Nick held the door for Cal to enter. Surveying the already busy room, the couple went over to the last open bar stool and settled in.

Automatically, Jeanie turned her head at the sound of the door opening. Her eyes widened recognizing Blue, and she turned back to Jack again.

"Did you know he was coming? Wow, talk about a revelation. I don't think I've ever seen him out of uniform."

Jeanie Wilman

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
                  [ Sarah Whitely - Foreston ]

Sarah had to endure Zach regaling her with various subjects. In the end she droned and and only nodded and made little 'mmmmh' noises which seemed to keep Zach happy.

They entered Jack's place and Sarah senses were bombarded with food which made her more hungry, if possible. She spotted Kim and Lance sitting at a table and gave her a quick wave, hoping she wasn't interrupting anything.

"Ummm," In answer to Zach's question, "Dinner first I think."

<<Foreston - Jack's>>

Zach was relieved to hear Sarah's response as was his stomach. The pie had done its job but was now wearing off. He pointed out one of the few empty tables left and followed her to it, giving Kim and Lance a nod as he did. Very happy there was one left that wasn't too close to the couple's table.

The waitress was there giving them a warm welcome and asking for their drink order before they could even get truly settled. "I'll take a brew please, a tall one!" He looked to Sarah as to what her request would be. Smiling pleasantly at the waitress again, "So is that wonderful smell the infamous stew? I sure hope it is on tonight's menu. I am famished."

She laughed, "It is always on Saturday night's menu. Some people wait all week for their dish full." She offered each a menu, "Drinks will be right up. Take your time looking over tonight's specials on the insert." She retreated to the bar with the flash of a smile.

Zach settled into his chair, looked over the book laying before him and tried with all his might to not force Sarah into further discussion of its brilliance. "Sarah, anything special from the AU mission you want to bat around or get off your chest. I can have a good ear if you need to talk. No worries of it going any farther either." He leaned onto the table and gave her a serious look.

sigpic
                  SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                    [Jack's Place]
                    Spoiler:
                    Lance accepted the offered taste of the risotto after taking a sip of his beer to cleanse his palate. Savoring it, he had to admit it was quite good. "I'm definitely much more of a steak man, but that's very tasty. The texture to it is just right." He finished his beer and switched to water for the rest of the meal. He was really enjoying the steak. "Oh, you don't have to worry about me heading out here while you're on mission, unless Hutchinson drags me, and in that case I'd have an overzealous chaperone. To be honest, I'm planning to save as much of my leave time as I can to coincide with yours."

He noticed Kim's eyes glance to the door as she threw a slight wave and turned to notice Zack and Sarah taking a seat. He smiled and threw a casual wave of his own, appreciative that they didn't just come over to the table, though since they were largely through their meal it wouldn't have helped them get their food any faster.

Finishing their meals, Lance was too full to accept any dessert, though he did take a coffee. As his coffee came and Kim's dessert he heard the door open and saw the General and Calli enter. "Looks like we've got chaperones now," he said to Kim with a smile as he waved at them.

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                    [Jack's Place]
                    Spoiler:
                    Automatically, Jeanie turned her head at the sound of the door opening. Her eyes widened recognizing Blue, and she turned back to Jack again.

"Did you know he was coming? Wow, talk about a revelation. I don't think I've ever seen him out of uniform."

Jeanie Wilman
                    [ Jack's Place ]

Blue nodded and casually waved to the people he recognized from the base. He caught a few of the townsfolk doing double takes and raised a friendly hand to them as well.
                    "Gossip will be flying tomorrow, I'll wager," he said quietly to Callista as he hung her jacket on the wall hook beside him. Hesitating with his hand on the zipper of his own jacket, he asked her, "Do you think they're ready for the shirt?"
                    With a quick zip and a shrug, Nick turned to hang his jacket over Cal's. Leaning casually on the bar, he waited for the barman to take their order.
                    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

Spoiler:
                      Cooper jumped to his feet, fists clutched at his side. His face was red with rage. You could have steamed the wrinkles out of your laundry with the smoke pluming out of his ears. He was about to follow Mike out the door and his hands around the sherriff's neck would be soon to follow. However, Ms. Simmons response seemed to pull the release valve on his anger.

Kevin stood for a second in utter shock knowing what the device meant to her. He started to leave the room to retrieve it for her. Hesitated, and slowly returned to his seat. He turned to Laura, "So in light of the fact that you are allowing the "snaked" General to wander loose in our town without even a courtesy notification to the sherriff; what exactly is his condition?" Without a breath or chance for her to respond he snarled "Exactly how do you plan to handle this Mayor or do you have any intentions of a plan?"
                      [ Mayor's house ]

Goodwin folded her hands in front of her and fought to keep a straight face as Anderson did what she'd wanted to do for a long time. She made a mental note to 'supervise' Ms. Simmons' retrieval of her PDA. There wouldn't be a scrap debris left on her porch.

"Pardon me, Mr. Hunt. I'll answer your question momentarily. It's a rather complicated story. I'd like to address Mr. Cooper's concerns first."
                      The Mayor laid her hands flat on the desk and leaned slightly forward, saying sarcastically, "What sort of 'plan' do you expect me to impliment, Mr. Cooper? The symbiote has been verified to be a Tok'ra. Janus isn't a contagious disease that requires the general to be quarantined. Neither are ... they ... about run rampant and shoot up the town. I see no difference in allowing Blue to visit Foreston than in allowing anyone else to visit."
                      She tipped her head to one side and smiled slightly, "To be honest, Mr. Cooper, Janus has better manners than most of your little clique of followers." Oh, Nikolai. You owe me big time for this stunt. If I lose the next election, I'm camping on your doorstep.

sigpic

Comment

"His integrity and decision making have undoubtedly been thrown in to questioning though. The General Blue that was given command of that base no longer exists, an alien entity now influences his decisions, how do we know that the decisions he makes are in our best interests?" Brian said calmly, avoiding the urge to laugh at the PDA incident. The matter at hand was to serious to make non-sequitur jokes.

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

"What makes this situation any different than it was before, Mr. Hunt," Goodwin asked, "You spoke with ... them. It's not like the symbiote, Janus, stepped out for a coffee during our meeting. The General agreed to have you on the base."
                          She looked at him skeptically, "You're stated purpose in being there was to make sure Foreston's interests were kept in mind. Don't make me regret that I pushed for that, Mr. Hunt. If that's not your goal, I won't intervene when Blue tosses your keister out in the snow."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                            [ Mayor's house ]

"What makes this situation any different than it was before, Mr. Hunt," Goodwin asked, "You spoke with ... them. It's not like the symbiote, Janus, stepped out for a coffee during our meeting. The General agreed to have you on the base."
                            She looked at him skeptically, "You're stated purpose in being there was to make sure Foreston's interests were kept in mind. Don't make me regret that I pushed for that, Mr. Hunt. If that's not your goal, I won't intervene when Blue tosses your keister out in the snow."

"Rest assured Mayor, my true intentions were told to you during that meeting. However you are wrong. We as a people have encountered Goa'uld posing as Tok'ra. What assurances do we have that that is the real General? His Word? Snakes do not have to talk the way they do. They can pose as there hosts and from mission reports they can be quite convincing." Brian said as he grew more adamant

Comment

Jack's Place

Kim made a agreeing sound to his streak comment as she began to polish of her risotto. She had loved the meal. Perhaps she should take Lance's s queue and come down here whenever the time allowed it. Picking up her wine glass she drank small amount that was left.

Chuckling at Larry's overzealousness, Kim wondered if he was really hyped as Lance was saying. "I'm sure 'dragging' wouldn't be in order," she replied as she set her glass back down and shifted in her chair all while she made air quotes, then picked up her water glass.

Placing her hand over his, she smiled, "That sounds like a fair bargain," she joked as her lips curled.

She heard the door open and took a look at Zack and Sarah coming in, rolling her eyes good naturally so Lance didn't see it as she gave a small wave to them. Seeing Sarah she remembered the question she wanted to ask Lance.

She paused as the waitress took their empty plates as she asked for a option of desserts, deciding on the Mango and the choc-chip ice cream; the waitress said it was the new combination from the chef's imagination. "I take it Sarah brought the photo's to Sharp," Kim said as she leaned on the table, seeing Lance's eyebrow raising, she gave him an innocent look, "Don't look at me like that, the photos aren't mine." She was only going to borrow them for a while from Davis. Then return them once she took her choices of the snaps as wild cards. The only way she knew that Sarah had taken the photos to the SG-1 CO, was when she returned to find her quarters empty.

She heard the door open again and saw much to her surprise, Blue and Cal enter. She did a wide eyed double take to make sure she wasn't seeing things. When Lance's voice reached her ears, "Oh, now to that I can really agree." she told him then waved at Blue and Cal.

But the shirt the General had on caught her interest and gave her total amusement to see him in something other than the Air Force blues. "Is he in summer?" Kim asked with a snicker as his coffee and her ice cream arrived and she dug in.

Comment

Jack O'Harris - His bar

Jack took a note of the flow of his bar. It seemed to be like every other night, but much more quiet and nothing of the feel of the fight from yesterday. He looked at Lance and Kim. To him the two were enjoying their date, smiling he took care of the orders from the waitress who was serving their table when he saw Jeanie come in.

"I think I got Eddie on," he replied as he placed the coffee and the ice cream on the tray then watched orders go to the table, "I'm not sure though. I mean he was in here yesterday." and of course seemed to be totally smitten with the woman with streaked hair.

Gesturing to Leo, he leaned over, "Get to Eddie's and see if he's on tonight," he whispered to his bouncer. "if he's not tell him I need him, he can take the next weekend off."

He watched Loe go, and heard the door open the second time round, seeing Nick and Cal, he looked at the two in surprise. He hadn't been expecting the base commander to be in town, "No I didn't," surprise was clearly in his voice.

Shaking his head when he realized that he was the barman at the moment, "Would like me to get you anything or your fine for now?" he asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X