Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Town Center/Market Place

They had taken their time to get back to town, as the friendly bricking had flown back and forth between the two of them. As the town center came into the view, Lance looked at her, "Like to have a look around before heading back to Jack's place?" he asked, there was still time before the market closed up for the day and Jack's place wasn't all that far either.

Kim nodded, "Sure," then hand in hand they made their way towards the stalls. In one of the stalls there were browsing, her eyes caught interest of cute little dolls. wanting to buy one, she after a moment decided against it for now, since all her scrips were in her bag.

He looked over the table, found what seem to a set of three frogs, chuckled. As humors as they were, he knew the joke would be short lived. And they without another word moved to another stall.

((Short I know, but bah, at least it's a start. ))

Comment

Brains smile grew larger "Fair enough General, fair enough" Brian then stood up and picked up his briefcase. "I must be going now, I have a lot of packing to do and so little time to do it. Enjoy the rest of your leave General"

Brian then left to go pack

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Callista groaned and tossed the pen down on the bar. "Oh my god! What a can of worms this is going to be."
        She walked over and sat in Laura's chair, letting a grin spread across her face. "Laura, I thought I was going to lose it when you started talking about a 'symbiotic' relationship."
        The woman chuckled, "Please, sir. Let me be in the office when you introduce him to Janus. I really want to see his face."

Goodwin fell back against the seat, laughing along with Cal, "Ohhh, I wondered what you were on about. That never struck me."
        She leaned over and patted Nick's arm, "I'm sorry, Niko. I don't mean to make fun of you or ... Janus."

You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

<Councilman Cooper's office>

Brian walked over to the town hall and into Councilman Cooper's office with a giant grimmace on his face. "Hey Cooper, I just came from the meeting with General Blue and Mayor Goodwin and i can definately say I am pleased with the results"

Comment

((Someone else can play Kevin Since he hasn't been played wouldn't know how he is personality wise))

Simon Oxford
            - Cooper's Office

Simon saw Hunt walk in, raised his eyebrow, then shot a question look at the man, closing the file he was reading, sensing something was wrong, he look at Hunt again, "What are you up to Hunt?" he asked.

Better, Simon thought what he do in that meeting? Being a former militray he wasn't liking the tone in Brian's voice and somehow he wouldn't like what Hunt had planned with the base.

Cooper he knew would welcome the news.

Comment

(((OOC- any relation to travis?)

"Nothing, i was just assigned as the civilian liazon to the base. i laid out my true intention to the general. Now we can know everything that goes on inside that base"
              Brian said pleased with himself.

Comment

(( Yes, Simon is one of his older brothers))

Simon Oxford - Cooper's Office

Get's himself assigned to the base and says it's nothing, Oxford mused, then did a double take at his own words as Brian's smug grin irked him. Calming himself down, he rubbed his temple, "Let me ask something. Why would many of us want to know what's going around the base, anyway? We didn't do it with none Stargate military bases so...why now. We don't tell the base what goes on the Foreston."

'If I were you I really won't be so sure it will work out." Just as he knew the base personals were going to give him a headache. SGC and NID never blended well other than Carters connections with Barrett.
                Last edited by SilverRider; 10 January 2008, 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                  [ Mayor's house ]

Spoiler:
                  Callista groaned and tossed the pen down on the bar. "Oh my god! What a can of worms this is going to be."
                  She walked over and sat in Laura's chair, letting a grin spread across her face. "Laura, I thought I was going to lose it when you started talking about a 'symbiotic' relationship."
                  The woman chuckled, "Please, sir. Let me be in the office when you introduce him to Janus. I really want to see his face."

Goodwin fell back against the seat, laughing along with Cal, "Ohhh, I wondered what you were on about. That never struck me."
                  She leaned over and patted Nick's arm, "I'm sorry, Niko. I don't mean to make fun of you or ... Janus."

[ Mayor's house ]

Nick sighed in feigned exasperation and stared up at the sky, "Go ahead, laugh at us. Get it out of your system."
                  ~Callista wouldn't laugh at you.~ Janus was confused at the merriment.
                  No. I know that. Neither of them are really.
                  ~Laura seems to be relaxing.~
                  Finding humor in a situation does that for humans. If we can laugh at what scares us, it makes it better.
                  ~She's not scared of me, of us, any more?~
                  Getting there. Be patient.
                  ~If you say so.~
                  After the snickering died down, the man picked up his glass and drained it. "Did someone say something about food? It's come to my attention that I missed breakfast and lunch," he studied the empty glass, "I probably shouldn't have drank that."
                  Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                  sigpic

Comment

<Cooper's office>

"Well with the explosion of Earth it became clear that a lot of things had to change, I see this merely as a step in the right direction. I, along with many others believe that we do need to know what is going on in that base so that we can influence decisions that we believe are in the intrests of the people of this town and planet. I never said the change would be easy, both sides need to work together to make it so, but i believe that if we survive the first couple of weeks some real good can come out of the arrangement." Brian said with a strong conviction.

Comment

Simon Oxford - Cooper's office

Simon listened to Brian, "Influence decisions over what extcaly?" he asked sharply with a tilt of his head. "NID's interest; a organization that no longer exists or your's along with 20 people of the town in the population of nearly 400."

"If you think any good will come out this well then good luck to you." he picked up the file and left for the filing room, before he lost his temper with Hunt's single minded decision.

Comment

<Cooper's office>

"Well thankyou Simon, I really do hope that this works out for the best. Even if you do not believe me, my intentions in the matter are solely for the good of this colony." Brian said calmly as he started to walk out the door. " I have to get going. I have a lot more packing and a lot more people to tell" Brian than walked out of the door in a hurry I have so much to do!

Comment

<<NPC ~ Cooper's PA ~ Brihanna Simmons ~ Outside Cooper's Office>>

Overhearing more than she had cared to of the conversation between Oxford and Hunt, Brihanna exited the office on his heels. "Mr. Hunt, Mr. Hunt, excuse me sir, please wait." She stepped off of the stoop and moved swiftly in his direction. "I am sure Mr. Cooper will want a full update." She moved closer as he turned back towards her. "I am sorry but he has left for the day. I am positive that he will be pleased with what I heard of the news. As a signer of your petition I too would like to have the details." She held her PDA in hand hoping to notate some points to share.
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Hearing the woman chase him brian stopped in his tracks and turned. "Well I am glad to hear that you agree with the decision, the first person I have seen since that does" George said with a hint of sarcasm directed at himself. "Pretty much I am have taken on the roll of overseeing what happens at the base, reporting to the mayor, and publishing declassified materials for the towns people to read. I think it is a step in the right direction towards a new era for our people" Brian said in a casual tone.

Comment

<<NPC ~ Cooper's PA ~ Brihanna Simmons ~ Outside Cooper's Office>>

Brihanna gave him a consolatory smile. "I know sir it is very distressing that some of the people of this community just don't understand the need to keep these military types under control." She stood straight and tall with striking feaures. Her shiny black hair was pulled into a neat bun. The obvious conviction was written all over her all business face. She started pushing the buttons on her PDA. "So Blue actually agreed to all of this or is this just on the word of the Mayor." She shifted her glasses in front of her almost black eyes and peered over the top of them at him. "You know there is a rumor that he has been, well lets say compromised. Cooper isn't too happy with the Mayor's relationship with the General." She continued tapping at the PDA as she spoke.

((if i have take too much license here just let me know and i will edit!))
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!
                              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

"I can't say I am too happywith thier relationship either, but I mist admit that that was a big reason I got the job. The General listens to the Mayor. Once i got her to agree with me the General wasn't too far behind. It is a temporary position as of now, sort of a trial run but I am hopeful. As for the rumor you heard, I'll look into it. I could use someone to be my eyes and ears around here. Would you be interested?" Brain said. As he finished he looked at his watch to see the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X