Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

['Auinala Mahina snack shack]

"You've got an interesting point there. But then neither of us are psychologists... Unless of course there's something you haven't been telling me about your schooling?" Devin said with a grim accusatory tone before he stuck his tongue out and raspberried. "Then again, I could be a psychologist in disguise. By night, I swoop in and diagnose my patients, then disappear, never to be seen by them again. It's the perfect plan."

Comment

Kylie shook her head at Devin's comment. "No, I'm not hiding anything about my education. I blame it on a gen psych class that I took as an undergrad, the teacher of which was an extremely hyper young lady just out of the master's program, and beginning work on her doctorate degree." The linguist explained her insight. Professor Hannah really was a little too energetic with her lessons, but they had stuck with Kylie ever since.

Kylie frowned slightly as Devin poked his tongue out at her, then with a grin, playfully swatted the long piece of bright red fleash back into his mouth, earning a slobber soaked palm for her trouble. Kylie shook her head again, and made a show of wiping Devin's spit off her hand with a nearby napkin. "So, tell me, Super Psychman, what diagnosis would give me?" She teased leaning forward slightly, and placing her elbows on the table in front of her, resting her chin in her uplifted, open hands.

Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Devin melodramatically cleared his throat, steepled his fingers and spoke in an Austrian accent, "I, Doctor Sigmund von Frood, in ze enterest of patient confidentiality, shall not divulge ze detailz oof my diagnosees in such a public location." Parting his hands and executing a half-shrug. "Oof course I could merely be avoiding ze qvestion, as I 'ave not come up with an satisfactory answer. What answers you take out of zat are up to you."

((To be fair to the non-native English speakers, here're the English words that I "Austrianized".
        Spoiler:
        Frood- Freud. This's more a reference to an American movie. I'll leave you to figure out which one. >=D
        Ze- the.
        Enterest- interest.
        Detailz- details.
        Oof- of.
        Diagnosees- diagnosis.
        Qvestion- question.
        ))

Comment

Kylie giggled and shook her head at Devin's continued playfullness. "Oh, I see how it is." Kylie said with a teasing smirk. She looked between her now empty plate and Devin's, contemplating what to say next when a sudden thought occured to her. Thus far, their conversations had been either extremely serious, or extremely comical in nature. It was time to add a little academic triva to the mix. "Tell me this. What common two-word phrase, after removing the spaces, contains three consecutive double letters? I'm actually thinking about two different ones right now."

Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"Hmmm... You do understand that from a dramatic perspective, that's a completely unfair question." Devin casually lectured, using his old professor tone of voice.
            "As the rules of drama dictate, I have to make a big deal about how easily I can figure out this problem. When it comes time however, my answer can't bark up that smack." Leaning forward, Devin stated, as though he'd actually been in the outlined scenario, "I don't have an answer."

Comment

Kylie grinned to herself at Devin's dramatic presentation. No matter what direction their conversations had taken since arriving in Foreston, one thing was certain. Devin was determined to keep her smiling. She appreciated that fact more than anything else. Of course, two could play at his little game. "And of course the rules of drama also dictate that I not give you the answer until you've shown a genuine interest in the matter, begged my forgiveness for being so arrogant in the first place, and I'm certain that I will get something in return for my revealing my secrets."

Kylie paused for what seemed an eternity, her expression completely serious. Then finally, several agonizing moments later, she felt one corner of her lips turn up in a half-smile, and she winked at the man sitting beside her just as said the magic words. "Lucky for us, Sweet Tooth, we're not in a drama."

Dear Journal

Comment

((trying to get her moving again, and maybe something to cheer up Chikozu))
                ((Sorrel's Clothes and Jewels, back room))

Sorrel smoothed out the skirt as she fastened the dress around a seamstress' dummy. Finished, with the hand-made quality she always brought to her work. Now, she would have to deliver and hopefully make enough to make preparations for the Guulgaff holiday.

She took the dress off the dummy and folded it carefully to prevent wrinkling, then wrapped it in scrap material for protection. The only thing to make the season better would be a double full moon on Gaia for the holiday festival. Humming, she headed out into her front shop and turned the sign to "Closed."

((Main Street))

Sorrel walked to the east, out of town. She waved to people she knew, mostly her loyal customers and suppliers. She dodged questions from one of the Palarian elders about her Guulgaff preparations, saying you didn't have the money at this time was never done among their people.

Sorrel headed resolutely out of town, towards the base. Finding Ryn shouldn't be hard. 'This could be harder than I thought. I don't know Miss Ryn's last name.' Never mind, she'd find her. Young men would be standing guard, and she was, by their standards, a young woman.

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Sweet Tooth? Now that I like. Mind if I keep it?" Devin asked, happily surprised at the nickname. "In return, I think it's fair you get one too. How does, o boy, coming up with a good and original nickname is harder than it seems." Devin made a show of thinking for a minute "Actually, I think I'll name an exotic particle after you instead. Much geekier and sweeter, at least if you were to ask me."

Comment

Kylie smiled shyly as she waited for Devin come up with the perfect nickname for her. She had to laugh at his final conclusion. "As long as that exotic particle doesn't turn out to be one of those things that can destroy the entire planet just by looking at it wrong." She teased him. "I like the idea of having my name used like that." She admited with another tiny grin.

Dear Journal

Comment

Devin gave a slight smile in return, "No worries, I'll make sure it's something useful. Like a cancer curing particle perhaps." Devin reached across the table and took Kylie's hand. "I take it we're in agreement? On the whole particle thing?"

Comment

A slow, beautiful smile spread across Kylie's lips, as Devin held her hand. His grip was gentle and comforting. She had always been fascinated by the power of simple human contact. Mentally kicking herself for allowing her thoughts to stray, and allowing her mind to start analyzing the situation from an anthropological, scientific view, the linguist leaned across the table and brushed her lips against Devin's cheek. Yeah, that'll keep me from thinking too much. She thought to herself.

"The particle that cures cancer. I like that one." Kylie said thoughtfully in response as she pulled away from the brief contact. She glanced down at her and Devin's now empty plates, and grinned mischeviously. "So, where to now, my sweet tooth? A little more exploring around town?" In all honesty, she wasn't sure how much more exploring she would be willing to do. Cobblestone wasn't that kind to crutches. But if it meant that she got to spend more time with Devin, then the small amount of extra effort, and strain on her arms would be worth it.

Dear Journal

Comment

((seeing as I'm dusting off all my charries... ))

**The sheriff's long since disappeared back home, seeing as that story thread is not happening**

[General Store]

Jeanie busied herself with the closing of the store for the day. Sales had been good. Moderate, but good. Not that it really mattered, since profit wasn't one of her main concerns. No. Her main concern was that everyone in town got what they needed for a reasonable price - reasonable for the deliverer of the food (and other amenities) and for the average Forestoner. She generally did give everyone a nice discount: a savings card which earned the regular shoppers a free shop every ten purchases was enjoyed by all.

She thought about how she would spend the night. Sundays were usually spent at Jack's - but the latest upheavals of base folk arriving in town made her shy about going there again. She knew there were other, maybe less-traveled, venues in town to enjoy some quiet time. She decided to go visit the Luau. Maybe today's special was the same as last week's ? Jeanie could only hope, she had really enjoyed the 'coconut-vanilla' drink. Not overly alcoholic, but very tasty.

After changing at her home into a soft cotton blue dress (as opposed to the work trousers and blouse), Jeanie headed off to the Luau.

[Auinala Mahina snack shack]

With some trepidation and unexpected shyness, Jeanie opened the door to the establishment. It was fairly new to her, in that she had only visited the Luau a few times, maybe two or three in total.
                          Being a regular at Jack's probably wasn't a good start, but she was sure a new customer would be welcomed. If only to have a nice conversation, something she herself always appreciated from her own shoppers.

Jeanie took a seat at the counter, and only then did she notice the two other occupants of the room. Her eyes widened slightly upon recognising them. They were the couple that currently stayed in David's house. Base folk. The very folk she had sought to escape tonight!
                          Jeanie sighed, highly annoyed at this. Typical. So typical. Were they everywhere, now ?! Oh well. She wasn't one to run away, never had, and knew she would make the best of it, like always. Be diplomatic and friendly, like always...
                          But she sure as heck wasn't going to intrude on what seemed to be a very private conversation, from the way the two were huddled together over their table, looking deeply into each other's eyes. They seemed lost in each other, and oblivious to their surroundings.

Wilman tore her eyes away from the sight and hoped to get some attention from the bartender instead.

Comment

['Auinala Mahina snack shack-Bartender Kahana]

Kahana smiled a greeting as a woman entered the resteraunt. He recognized her as the shopkeeper of the general store, but found it odd that she had chosen to eat at the snack shack this afternoon. She seemed to be oddly fascinated by the couple that had arrived earlier and observed them closely for a brief moment, before turning her attention to him. "Ipo manu, love birds, as we use to say on the island. They have been like that for some time. I choose not to disturbe them. Now, Ms. Wilman, what can I get for you?" He first comented on the subject that so obviously captured the woman's attention before offering his services as a bartender/waiter.
                            Dear Journal

Comment

"Oh! Afternoon, ..." Jeanie struggled for the name, then found it again. "Mr. Kahana, isn't it ? Uh, yeah. It's just I kind of know these two. They're staying in David's house, which is next door to me. Though I am not sure if I should disturb them... Anyway. Um. What's your special for the day, for drinks I mean ? You still got that coconut thing from last time ?" She smiled brilliantly and hopeful at him, indicating she had really liked the drink he'd served her the other day.

Comment

['Auinala Mahina snack shack-Kahana]

Kahana grinned widely at the woman's choice of drink. The coconut mixture had quickly grown to be a popular choice among his customers. He didn't really have a name for the drink yet, but its flavor was very close to that of a traditional Piña Colada. "Ah, yes. I know the one that you mean. I always keep that one in good supply. And today, I also a have a new peach, and berry drink mix. I'm calling it a Chi Kai* until I think of something better." The man remained smiling as he began to fill a glass with shaved ice. No matter which drink the woman chose to start with, it would be poured on top of the ice, every good Hawaiin drink was served on shaved ice.

((*A totally fictional drink that tastes nothing like the traditional Hawaiin mixes I could find. And trying to give Vamp a chance to respond to Kylie's last bit before having her notice Jeanie. ))
                                Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X