Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Jack's Place]

"I'm fine, thanks,", Jeanie said automatically. She wasn't one to drink excessively. One drink a night would generally suffice, and it wasn't the time for that right now. Not yet, anyway.
    "I'll go see what's up," she told Jack, and slid off her stool. Jeanie casually meandered through the bar towards Blue, blinking when he took his jacket off.

"Wow, that is a loud shirt." She said, then put her hand in front of her mouth realising she was in his earshot. And if not his, then definitely the woman he was with. Jeanie half-recognised her, but the name escaped her totally. Sergeant something-or-other. Where did I see her before?

"Um, sorry, general. Enjoying your leave, sir? Good evening, by the way. I'm not normally this clumsy. Okay, maybe I am." She stuttered a little, a little shy. And definitely red in the face, she could just feel the warm glow spreading across her cheeks.

Jeanie Wilman

Comment

Jack O'Harris - His Bar

Jack raised an eyebrow at Jeanie's intrusion towards Nick and Cal. She's either totally clumsy or unaware of the fact they would require privacy, Jack thought as he watched the exchange then for a minute or two then he approached couple.

Smiling at the General, Jack nodded to Cal, as he turned to speak to her, "My dear, it's wonderful to see you," he beamed, taking in her obvious expression, lifting her hand he gave it a kiss, "I hope this roar of a lion is taking a good care of you," he tipped his head towards Nick and winked at Cal.

He looked at Jeanie, not really sure what to say to her, then he paid attention to Nick, "Your a busy man to get in touch with, Nick," he told the man, "Now that your here what can I get you? Whiskey on ice or something more...lighter?"

Comment

[Jack's Bar]

Realising she made a mistake, Jeanie looked back at Jack, and decided to go rescue her drink from the bar counter. She then went back to the three, using said drink as something to hide in. She probably failed since the umbrella wasn't big enough to hide her red cheeks.

Jeanie Wilman

Comment

[ Jack's Place ] (( It's a public place. They don't expect privacy. That comes later. ))

Callista snickered and nudged Nick with her elbow, saying to Jeanie, "I told him he should issue sunglasses to go with it."
          Seeing the slightly puzzled look on the woman's face, she held out her hand, "Callista Mykonos. I think we spoke once or twice about shipments to the store. You're Jeanie Wilman, right?"
          Cal knew darn well she was the store manager but, it was a casual way to remind the general of who she was.

She shifted on her seat when Jack kissed her hand, remembering another hand that had been kissed. What is it with these men and their old world habits? "It's nice seeing you, too again. I missed you last time I was here."
          Cal put her free hand over Nick's where it laid on the bar, "He's taking very good care, thank you. Supposedly teaching me to dance here this evening," she leaned across the bar, "Between you and me, I don't think it's going to work."

When Jeanie came back, the man at the barstool next to them stood and moved to her empty seat, grumbling under his breath, "Dit, dit, dit, dit, dit. Can't a man get a drink in peace?"

You're never too old to do something goofy.
          sigpic
          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

[Jack's Bar]

Oh! Now it clicked for Jeanie. Guess my hiding time is over. She was glad to feel that the red cheeks had left her somewhat. It was just warm now, not burning anymore.

"Gosh, I'm sorry, sergeant Mykonos. Yes, I'm Jeanie Wilman, the Foreston General Store manager." She said hurriedly, leaving the General and his aide some personal space as she sat on her own stool again.

"It didn't click who you were, I guess it's the setting. Not used to this at all, seeing you both here I mean.". She said, somewhat shyly.

Comment

(slight timewarp here since I didn't post Eddie's arrival in Foreston, but it's just to catch up)

[Eddie Wilton's house]

Eddie pulled his bike/cart into the garage/workshop next to his house. He headed into the house and took a long shower, then grabbed a quick bite to eat. Having played last night, he figured Jack's would be doing karaoke sing-along so he wouldn't be needed to play.

Cleaning up the remnants of his meal, he decided to take a long nap, as the ride to and from the base had taken a quite a bit out of him. Looking in the mirror, he smiled as he fondly remembered Jaime and looked forward to seeing her again, hopefully in the very near future. Sighing, he hit the bed and crashed hard.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

[ Jack's Place ]

"Ms. Wilman," Nick said politely, "I'm pleased to finally meet you. I've heard alot of good things about how you're running the store. Keep it up."

It didn't escape him how Cal reacted to having her hand kissed. I'll have to remember that. Speaking to Jack now, he said, "The adjustment to being on our own has been absolutely insane but, hopefully, we're settling back into a routine."
                He glanced down at Cal's hand. "I've kind of been ordered to take time off so, once a month I'm going to try to get over here for a day of R & R."
                Looking at the bottles on the back of the bar, he finally decided, "If you've got a bottle of Guiness hiding somewhere, I'll share it with Cal. If not, I'll take a ginger beer. Thanks. Cal, how about it? Want to share with me?"

Whoever was on the music system had been keeping the sound down low, more as background. Now he began to slowly ramp it up and began playing more tunes with catchy lyrics.
                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                sigpic

Comment

[Jack's Place]

Jeanie smiled at Blue, he really seemed like a nice guy in person. Mykonos was a lucky woman, she thought, not jealous in the least. Jeanie hadn't been with anyone since her arrival here on Gaia a year ago. She still didn't trust herself to start dating again. Bachelors enough around here, though, she mused, though none had held her fancy for more than a fleeting moment, the pain caused by her previous boyfriend was still obvious within.

Still, tonight was not a night for such broodings, so she resolutely pushed those thoughts and the accompanying feelings to the back of her mind. Jeanie looked around, gently easing away from the general and his aide, leaving the two to their privacy and/or other chatters. She slid back on her customary barstool, watching the goings-on.

The karaoke machine was in full swing now, several townfolk had started up a song. She grinned, enjoying it hugely, and tapped along to the beat on her thighs. A man singing caught her eye and motioned her over, seeing how much she enjoyed it, but she refused with a smile, knowing it would take a few more songs to get her in the mood to sing. Later, she mouthed to him, the man nodded and continued with his own song.
                  Jeanie could sing, though her favourite songs to sing was country music, something that might not be appreciated here tonight, although her repertoire included the common hits of course, too.

Comment

<<NPC ~ Kevin Cooper ~ Brihanna Simmons ~ The Mayor's>>

Cooper sat in his chair counting to ten and heaved a heavy sigh. He was again on his feet now pacing a little, the results of all those years in debate. "Frankly Mayor I ..." he caught the look of Brihanna out of the corner of his eye. He could hear her murmuring to stay calm and don't make it personal. He changed course, "As Mr. Hunt has pointed out, the people have a right to know how it has been determined that the General is in fact safe. Is this on the word of the military? I think a review by a town committee is not an unreasonable request. I would think it would be a minimum requirement by our honorable Mayor. We all know her love and passion of Foreston comes first." the last remark dripping of sarcasm.

He stopped looked deliberately at every member of the meeting knowing that the couldn't deny the need for Foreston's safety to be a priority. Returned his comments to Laura. Although he would love to chastise the sherriff for his out of line rude behavior he could again hear Brihanna's sultry voice in the back of his head. We can't alienate Mike, you don't have to like him but having him on our side would be a major coup. "I am sure that Mike would have appreciated a notice in advance before the General's arrival so that he could stay on top of this. Even if in a subtle way if it is what is desired."

He turned to look at Brihanna scribing notes in shorthand on the pad. He gave her a so how am I doing glance and completed his thought. "I think it would be wise to have Mike or his deputy on watch of the General until he returns to base and then have Mr. Hunt set up a disclosure committee to determine the accuracy of the General's condition. I feel it would be in the best interest of the citizens of not only Foreston but the whole planet." With that he placed both hands on the back of the chair he had been sitting in, leaned into it and stared Laura down waiting for her response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brihanna sat quietly at the table continuing to take notes. Although her head was down she was beaming with pride in her bosses handling of the matter.
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!
                    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Mike shook his head. Cooper was on the war path again, god, but how he hated town politics, especially with this man on the council!

He felt the need to speak up, so when Cooper finished speaking, he raised his hand.

"I must intervene here." He said calmly. "I had the opportunity to talk to the General this morning. I had no idea he was "snaked", his eyes did not glow once, nor did his voice do that funny thing. He seemed completely normal, completely in control of himself. There was no alien entity at work in the background, of that I am certain. I'm also certain that Janus is a Tok'ra and not a Goa'uld. If it had been a goa'uld, I'm sure the general would not have acted the way he did. There would have been something off. I'd have known. I've known Nick Blue for years. I can *tell*, dammit. The man's still himself.
                      Frankly, I don't see the need for all your darned committees, Cooper. Why can't you just let this town get on with its peaceful ways?! Why must YOU constantly stir up trouble like this?! We're having a hard time enough surviving without Earth. No need to bring Earth's politics back here, too!"
                      He'd raised his voice and fought to keep himself calm. It took him a few breaths, however but in the end he was calm.

Sheriff Mike Anderson

((quiet no more ))

Comment

[Jack's Place]

Lance shook his head slightly. "Summer is one way to put it. But with all the crap Blue has to deal with, plus he's off duty. If that's how he needs to uwind, more power to him." He summoned the waitress. Indicating Blue and Calli, as well as Zach and Sarah, he spoke softly while handing her some scrip. "their next round is on me"

Turning back to Kim. "As far as the pics, believe it or not, Chris was laughing his head off. They were interesting, though. I wasn't posted with him then, but apparently it was from Halloween and he was drunk. Bellano though, was treading in dangerous water. Something about your head being photoshopped onto Sharp's body. I told him if it happens he'll die slowly and painfully. And that's if I got to him before you. I think he's seriously afraid to actually do anything, especially after my plastic spork bit with Bisenti circulated around the base."

He finished his coffee and, once the waitress came with their bill, he paid it before Kim could react, leaving a 20% tip. At Kim's raised eyebrow, he spoke warmly. "I insist. And the tip was for good service. We'll be back again, if they know we tip well, we'll get the red carpet rolled out for us. And, it'll help mend fences with the town and base." He squeezed her hand gently. "Do we stay at the table or do we be sociable with either Zach and Sarah or the General and Calli? Oh, looks like they're getting their drinks. Maybe we should wait here for their reactions."

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

((now you tell us ))

Jack O'Harris - His Bar

Jack saw Cal's reaction and for a split second regretted it,making a mental note not to do it again when she came to town in future, then laughed as Cal confessed that teaching her dancing, won't work, "You might find yourself surprised," Jack commented with a grin, as he heard Nick greet Jeanie.

Jack turned to the man on the to other bar stool, "You already had three glasses and I ain't giving you no more," he told the man, or else the guy would get too drunk to get home.

Jack nodded in agreement, "It's been a adjustment." He passed Nick a Guinness, "What normal routine are you talking about?" there was a hint of a joke in Jack's voice at the question.

From the corner he saw Leo return and shake his head, yet Jack understood. He gave the guy who was manning the stage to get on with the music.

Comment

Jack's Place

Kim watched quietly as Lance paid for the drinks of the people he indicated with his hand, as her eyes followed the each person he pointed to.

It really shouldn't have surprised her that Sharp had laughed. Looking totally amused at Belleno's idea of photoshopping and gave visible shudder at her head on Sharp's body, "Is Bellano crazy?" The whole foolish idea didn't seem to agree with her. She wasn't sure if she should get a better revenge with the Chief Sergeant. "Slowly and painfully, by who?" she mused "You, Sharp or me?"

If Ray knew what was good for him, he would really drop the idea as it was not going to be pretty to have the CO and 2IC of flagship team on his tail.

As she finished of the last of her ice cream, she raised a eyebrow as Lance paid, with a tip. She picked up her water, "We can stay or we can go to them," she told him, "I don't mind."

Comment

[ Sarah Whitely - Jack's Place ]

Zack pointed to a table, and Sarah being closest, walked over to it and sat down heavily in her chair. Closing her eyes for a second to relish not being on her feet she pulled off her jacket and draped it on the back of the chair. She could tell that Zack was hungry and she felt a twinge of it too. She wouldn't admit it, but the long walk here and the market had taken its toll and she now felt rather tired and hungry.

Greeting the waitress Sarah pulled a drinks leaflet to her and studied it. She was unsure of what they served in Foreston and curiously studied the list. In the end she chose something similar to Zack and thanked her.

"Stew?" She glanced at Zack but received no reply. Obviously the stew was a common choice as it seemed most people were here only to eat that. She shrugged and tucked a piece of flyaway hair behind her left ear before Zacks next offer took her by surprise.

"Sarah, anything special from the AU mission you want to bat around or get off your chest. I can have a good ear if you need to talk. No worries of it going any farther either."
                              It was unexpected and out of the blue. Normally she would have refused to talk about such matters, she rarely spoke to her parents about her feelings or experiences. They merely ignored her. Yet her was an offer from a dear friend and she was tempted. Nodding she spoke,

"I met my...fiance, Chris." The words were out and she felt better for it, she was unsure of how many knew about their relationship but felt like confiding in Zack about her feelings for him and her confusion at seeing him.
                              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                              LOVE HIM-> DT
                              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Determined to put a stop to Cooper's power play, the mayor obviously rolled her eyes and groaned in frustration. "Do you people REALLY think the military is that FREAKING stupid? That's a rhetorical question, by the way." She looked to Briahanna, "That means it doesn't need an answer, dear."
                                Standing up, she walked from behind her desk, "Of couse they didn't take the symbiote's word for it. Nick was in restraints for 3 days while they did research to find Janus among the records of the Tok'ra."
                                Laura planted her hands on her hips, "They found it. And a confirming opinion from another Tok'ra. And physical evidence that the story they told was true," her voice kept getting stronger, "And, to put the icing on the cake, Janus voluntarily LEFT the general. Nick took him back of his own accord.'
                                By now Laura was nose to nose with Cooper and snarled directly into his face, "Is THAT enough evidence for you ... Kevin? The man almost died! Janus saved him. He repayed the favor. He didn't have to tell us SQUAT about this but he chose to be above board and you're going to hang him for it."

(( Whooph!!! I do believe that Laura is a tad bit irked. "I've got PMS and a handgun. Any questions?" ))
                                Last edited by Jynjyr; 23 January 2008, 02:58 PM.
                                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                                sigpic
                                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X