Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Park

Kim grinned as he winked, "I'm sure I can come with something, Major," she said as she unblocked his path, then began to walk down the path.

She mused over few idea in her head that were only for pranks and nothing too dangerous. If he's going ask for creativeness, he better be careful about it too, she thought, as she had her two team members to help her out.

Comment

[ Mayor's house ] (( BTW - it's oversight. All one word. ))

The Mayor tapped her fingers on the arm of her chair and finally asked, "What autonomous action is the military doing that cause you so much concern, sir? The fact that they are taking all the risks in contacting new worlds in order to find us the goods and technology that we need? The fact that they are bearing all the labor and expense of transporting said supplies between planets and delivering them to us? Their unstinting support for our medical needs? Exactly what?"
      She leaned toward Brian, "No, the General does not consult the civilian authority on Gaia before he makes a move. I don't consult the military authority on Gaia before I make a move either."

You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
        [ Mayor's house ] (( BTW - it's oversight. All one word. ))

The Mayor tapped her fingers on the arm of her chair and finally asked, "What autonomous action is the military doing that cause you so much concern, sir? The fact that they are taking all the risks in contacting new worlds in order to find us the goods and technology that we need? The fact that they are bearing all the labor and expense of transporting said supplies between planets and delivering them to us? Their unstinting support for our medical needs? Exactly what?"
        She leaned toward Brian, "No, the General does not consult the civilian authority on Gaia before he makes a move. I don't consult the military authority on Gaia before I make a move either."

Brian Hunt

" It is what you have just said that worries us,” Brian said leaning forward. "We are too reliant on the military and because of that they hold all of the cards. We the people of this colony whom they swore to serve do not feel comfortable knowing that on a whim supplies and medical equipment can vanish leaving us to fend for scraps. As for the two of you consulting each other, Mayor, you do not need his approval to do anything you decide to do. They, however, shouldn’t move without yours.”

Brian then paused for a moment and looked directly at General Blue.

“We realize the military has kept us alive, and we are gracious for that. Really, we are. All we are really asking is for the government to step up and keep better tabs on the military, to place an observer inside the base to monitor daily operations and to be a voice for the civilian population. We believe that by doing this we can be assured we are safe and that our interests are heard on a level that decisions are made.”

Comment

Park --> Town

Lance's lips curled at her statement. He wasn't going to doubt her words, if he wasn't careful, he was going to get just what he was asking for. She was a member of the flagship team and she wouldn't have a problem with resource and creativeness.

Females stuck together, so Kim had Sarah and Claire at her disposal and of course how could he forget, his best friend. Chris may able to help her out, if he wanted to help her. Chuckling at the though, he turned to her as she gave him a puzzled look, "Do I even want to know?" he asked as he lead them towards the town.

Taking his lead towards the town, Kim laughed at the question, "I guess not," she grinned as they came to the town clearing, leaving the Park behind. The poor man wouldn't know what hit if she did decided to get....creative.

Last edited by SilverRider; 08 January 2008, 07:52 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Jack's Place

Black finished tying his shoes and watched with a smile as Sarah allowed the cool wind caress her face. He knew what she was feeling. The balcony may be small but it was a little piece of heaven at the moment.

He straightened up and slid his arms into the hoody and pulled it over his head. "Hmmmm, well it is your first trip so I thought you could decide. How bout we head over to check in our zats and we can decide where we want to go from there as we head out."

He got to his feet and made a motion to the door.

sigpic
            SCORE!!
            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
              Brian Hunt
              Spoiler:

" It is what you have just said that worries us,” Brian said leaning forward. "We are too reliant on the military and because of that they hold all of the cards. We the people of this colony whom they swore to serve do not feel comfortable knowing that on a whim supplies and medical equipment can vanish leaving us to fend for scraps. As for the two of you consulting each other, Mayor, you do not need his approval to do anything you decide to do. They, however, shouldn’t move without yours.”

Brian then paused for a moment and looked directly at General Blue.

“We realize the military has kept us alive, and we are gracious for that. Really, we are. All we are really asking is for the government to step up and keep better tabs on the military, to place an observer inside the base to monitor daily operations and to be a voice for the civilian population. We believe that by doing this we can be assured we are safe and that our interests are heard on a level that decisions are made.”
              [ Mayor's house ]

Laura got up and began pacing, "Mr. Hunt. On Earth, the military was supported by taxes from the people. That's what gave the civilian sector the authority to ... oversee their actions. That is not the case here. We have a symbiotic relationship, each supporting the other."
              A tiny noise from Callista caused the mayor to glance her way. She was literally biting her tongue to keep from laughing at the symbiote reference.
              Goodwin cleared her throat and continued, "I would no more interfere with base operations that I would accept Nikolai interfering in town operations."
              Now behind Nick, she laid a hand on his shoulder, "It would be patently ridiculous to expect him to consult with a civilian commitee for his every move. Especially in an emergency situation, which has been the case for the last 8 months. Our very existance as an independent civilization is teetering on the brink. This man and his people are busting their butts and risking their lives so we civilians can go on living our normal routine."
              Giving him a nudge, the woman said, "Due to extraordinary circumstances, we did recently have a short breakdown in communication which I don't expect to have repeated. However, if a group of concerned citizens were to document their request, I'm sure some accord could be reached."
              Laura came around and took Cal's empty seat, asking bluntly, "General, would you have severe objections to a civilian on your base?"

Last edited by Jynjyr; 09 January 2008, 02:47 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

[ Mayor's House ]

Nick sighed and made a face, "Severe? No. Objections? Yes. Especially if the observer tries to interfere with anyone's duties."
                He waved a hand at the town in general, "Anyone here is welcome to apply for a job at the base or welcome to enlist. Even civilians are subject to our rules and regulations though. Keep that in mind."
                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                  [ Mayor's House ]

Nick sighed and made a face, "Severe? No. Objections? Yes. Especially if the observer tries to interfere with anyone's duties."
                  He waved a hand at the town in general, "Anyone here is welcome to apply for a job at the base or welcome to enlist. Even civilians are subject to our rules and regulations though. Keep that in mind."
                  Brian smiled but still had a bit of reservation. "As a matter of fact Mayor, we did just that'' Brian said reaching into his briefcase once again. "This is a petition signed by 65 adults inside this community. I should tell you, we do have friends who didn't want to put their name on the paper and we also have supporters in Riverton. As for your rules General, I have no problems obeying them. I would like to tell you though what i would like to do in this position with your permission, of course. I would like the authority to launch internal investigations if there is enough evidence to do so. I would like the ability to question anyone who may be connected to those investigations. I would like access to mission reports, past and present, and all orders in written form in order to review them. I would like to post updates in the local towns of the ongoings in the base, censored for security of course. I would also like the opportunity to sit in on mission briefings and staff meetings. I know that is asking a lot, but i think that by granting me those wishes that my supporters will be satisfied." Brian than handed the petition to the mayor so she could view it. "Some names on that might surprise you"

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Blue started shaking his head as soon as Hunt said "authority to launch". "No, Mr. Hunt," he said firmly, "Authority was never mentioned, observation was. You may attend official investigations. You may attend briefing and meetings. You may publish suitably censored articles in the town paper. If Mayor Goodwin wishes, you can come to town once a week on the delivery truck and report to her in person. If I find that you have become a security risk, you will be removed from the base and this arrangement will be cancelled."
                    He folded his arms and glared at Brian, "You have to earn the right to question my orders, Mr. Hunt. Your association with the NID makes that problematical."

(( You know darn well that Blue wasn't going to go for your proposal. ))
                    sigpic

Comment

Brian nodded his head, "Your right, Final decisions should be yours. I would however like you to reconsider your stance on my running investigations under your authority. Surely you can understand the importance of a fresh perspective. The President saw fit to have periodical third party investigations and check ups on the SGC under the command of General Hammond because he saw that good could truly come from it and it also kept the SGC on thier toes. I can understand that you do not want to give me Authority. But i think that it would be beneficial to all parties if you allowed me to conduct investigations you see fit." Brian paused for a second " I do not expect an answer from you today on the investigations. I just want you to know that I am available to perform those duties. If you will have me General i will gladly except your terms." Brian then reached out his hand to seal the deal with a handshake

Comment

[ Sarah Whitely - Jack's Place - Quarters ]

"Yea, okay. Let's do that." Sarah nodded and stood, hugging her jacket closer she headed towards the door and waited outside for Zack. She double checked her door, making sure it was locked and started walking to the bar area to head out.
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

From Jack's Place to the Sherriff's Office

"Hmmm, speaking of zat." He grabbed it from where it lay on the dresser and strapped it on. He took a glance in the mirror to make sure the hoody covered it not wanting to cause any further adieu with the locals. Zach picked up the loose items laying in a pile and pocketed them. Scratching his head he gave the room a once over. A last minute thought led him to his pack where he scrounged about for his wallet. Pulling the items back out of his pocket he inventoried them for the room key. Smiling, he was satisfied that he had everything he followed Sarah out the door and down the hall.

They strode silently into the bar area. Zach gave a social nod to the owner as they exited the building. Taking a quick look around he got his bearings and headed towards the sherriff's office. The warmth of the sun on his face was soothing. "I sure hope things will go well with the locals. We don't need a reason for a greater divide. We are truly in need of each other these days." He eyeballed the building he was looking for down the road.

"So what were your interests while you were here. Just getting out of the hole or did you need any specific supplies or just in the mood to do some window shopping?" He rolled his eyes at the latter item. Not of great interest to him. But he would be happy to tag along and show Sarah around if that was what she desired.

sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                            Brian nodded his head, "You're right. Final decisions should be yours. I would however like you to reconsider your stance on my running investigations under your authority. Surely you can understand the importance of a fresh perspective. The President saw fit to have periodical third party investigations and check ups on the SGC under the command of General Hammond because he saw that good could truly come from it and it also kept the SGC on thier toes. I can understand that you do not want to give me Authority. But I think that it would be beneficial to all parties if you allowed me to conduct investigations you see fit."
                            Brian paused for a second, "I do not expect an answer from you today on the investigations. I just want you to know that I am available to perform those duties. If you will have me General, I will gladly except your terms."
                            Brian then reached out his hand to seal the deal with a handshake.
                            [ Mayor's house ]

Goodwin rolled her eyes at Blue's stubbornly folded arms. Gods, just like a couple of dogs fighting over territory. She caught Nick's eye and, keeping her hand hidden next to her side, made a 'get on with it' motion with her fingers. "I think that's a reasonable compromise, Nikolai."
                            She turned to Hunt, "I do have a condition though, Mr. Hunt. You will tell your compatriots to back off on instigating conflict with the military personel. We're all in the same boat and we'll get farther if we paddle in the same direction. Capish?"

sigpic

Comment

Brian smiled at the mayor. "I am sure they will once they here of the comprimise we met, and if ot I will make sure"

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Giving in to the inevitable, Blue sighed and stood up. He shook Hunt's hand, saying, "In the interest of maintaining a cordial relationship with Foreston, I'll go along with this. On a probationary basis, Mr. Hunt."
                                He let go of Brian's hand and resumed his seat, "From now on, anything you hear about activities on the base is confidential information and should be treated as such."
                                Tipping his head back, Nick looked at Cal, "Mr. Hunt will be joining us at the base. Please see that he has quarters and an ID."

(( This is Saturday evening. Blue won't be back to base until Sunday mid-morning. ))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X