No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liam sat in the waiting room, almost ready to fall asleep. Shaking himself, he sat up and grabbed a pen and a piece of paper out of his pocket. He wanted to write something for Natasha, so he forced himself to think, and soon words were coming together with a melody.

Playing it through, he nodded. Not the greatest thing ever, but good enough. Now, if someone would just tell him if he could see her or not...
    Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
    SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

“So you’re saying that this whole thing was like… self-inflicted!? Wow…” Carrie’s voice mirrored her disbelief. ‘Okay, I think I’ve seen weirder stuff, though this definitely qualifies to the top ten.’ “I’m afraid this means we have to add suicidal into the equation…”She shook her head and looked back at the monitors when they suddenly called out a longer period between two heartbeats then expected.

Carrie felt her chest and stomach tighten from the all too familiar rush of adrenalin running through her body, but before they had a chance to react, Nat’s heart once again decided to pick up its pace.
      “Geez, if she’s going to do things like that I’ll be the one with a cardiac arrest before midnight.” She mumbled to herself before turning towards Gus and sighed. “Suggestions? No, not really, at least nothing better then what we’re already doing. Talking to her, trying to reach her. Having the crash cart ready and one of us close by to intervene if necessary. As you said, this is all up to her right now, but then again; being the ones we are, we’re not the ones who give up that easily…”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
        < Med bay >

“Okay, Steel’s out for the day, Aaronson and Svensson busy,” he mumbled to himself, “Leaving us with… Kinagi!” and walked down the hallway towards the Alien organism lab where she was usually found when on duty. ‘Guess Ryn don’t know she’s a vet, but what’s the big deal, Kinagi’s been back up surgeon for the last couple of months, she’ll be fine. Just hope that Svensson doesn’t skin me alive when she finds out…’

He slid his key card through the slot and then knocked on the inner door before hearing a muffled “Enter” from somewhere inside, so he stepped inside the room, finding Suji Kinagi studying something in one of the microscopes.
        “Dr Kinagi? Are you busy? You seem to be the only doctor available at the moment…?”

<<Suji Kinagi -- Vet -- Her Lab>>

Suji held the small hot pink tinted furry critter up as she scrutinized its underside. "How is my little one today?" She murmured reassuringly to the animal. She placed it back on the table before her as she made some notes in her tablet.

Sliding her glasses down her nose slightly as she peaked over them at the man responding to her 'enter'. A pleasant smile crossed her face, "Hello Timothy, nice to see you. What can I do for you?"

Kinagi was amused as to his response to her furry little friend.
        sigpic
        SCORE!!
        The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

"Yes, Carrie. You are right about it being self inflicted and the suicidal remark!" Delen said confirming Carrie's theories.

"I confess I was a little spooked with the voice in the back of my head to really pay attention and keep what she was saying, but it had something to do with not wanting any more deaths on her consciousness... I'm not sure! Her feelings were all over the place and they weren't very optimistic..." Delen confessed her fault pas somewhat ashamed. She should have been able to memorize Natasha's words as she had all her other patients before, but she had let the unusual situation get in the way.

"About what to do next? I think Carrie has a point. Vigilance over her is the best course of action. Maybe if the Lab results are already out, see if Tarnatis can help her out a little. It could help with her case of depression at least." Delen gave her opinion as requested by CMO.

Delen Treisa - Aran Refugee

Within her mind, Natasha was recovering from the aftereffects of the fight with Dark!Nat. She picked up her breath and stood up as another form stepped into the center circle of light. It was, like before, Natasha's own image, but it was, this time, dressed in white with details in light brown (Like Melia or Janus in Before I Sleep).

"Please, give me some time before round two, will you?" Natasha asked sarcastically.

"Fight with you would serve no logical purpose! I was always here to assist, though you chose not to hear me most of the time. Your fear of me is illogical and uncalled for! You can call me Varia." She said to Natasha in a monotonic and emotionless voice as she took a position facing Natasha with her hands folded in front of her.

"Isn't that my name? The first one I had. Why that name? Who are you really? What do you want?" Natasha asked not knowing how to react. All the logical act and the intonation used by her other companion kinda scared her a little.

"True! Varia was your first name. A memory. A truth. The root of who I am and what you want to forget. That is why you keep me here with the others." Varia replied in the same tone and cadence as before.

"So you're like my Ancient half?" Natasha said surprised. "And I just leave you here? I don't understand..." She continued.

"The right name is Alteran or Lantean, but Ancient can be accepted. I am memory and logical thought. I keep this place. I add to it as we walk across the stars. My infinite will to find patterns in all things is what allows you to learn, to discover, to find new aspects of the truths that lie beneath the surface of the obvious." Varia explained her raison d'etre.

"OK. So now what? Which door do I pick, knowledge girl? What is the best course of action?" Natasha asked Varia unsure of what to do. Every time she felt like an arrow springing from the bow, with no hesitations, no doubts, the path being clear, something happened to brake her certainty. Maybe Varia could help her find the way.

"Logics alone cannot find the next best course of action. Though I can help you analise the situation with scrutiny... If you stop avoiding me!" Varia said unfolding her hands. "As I said before, there is no logical reason for us to fight. There is much more to be gained through cooperation than competition. Let us be as we must be! One and the same." She continued extending her hand as a offer of joining.

Natasha wavered for a while, considering her choices, but what Varia had just said about competition and cooperation made sense and she decided to embrace it. After all, if she joined with the crazy lunatic, why not this one? Natasha, then decided, gave three steps in Varia's direction and shook the offered hand. Like before, Varia disappeared into energy as she became one with Natasha. The situation started to build clearer in her mind, though as it was said some elements lacked for a final decision. Where were they?

Before the answer to that question appeared, as a consequence of this mutually desired joining, Natasha's heart picked up its pace a little before finally resting in a comfortable beat rate once more.

(( OOC - Just one more to go before she wakes up! ))
          Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 15 September 2008, 06:14 AM.
          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

[Recovery 2]

Suicidal. Gus hated having to check that box in a patient's file. Once an officer was put on the suicide watchlist, it was very hard for them to get off again. And as long as she remained on that list, Nat would be hard pressed to get the respect she deserved. Some officers managed to overcome the stereotype, however, many more could never shake the label. Unfortunately, he had to agree that Nat's thoughts were very clear on the matter, leaving the doctor with no other choice. He simply nodded his head to indicate that it was something that needed to be done. The file updates tonight would be very interesting indeed.

He listened as Delen explained what she could remember of the captain's thoughts, picking up on her mood as she revealed her confession of not remembering the patient's exact thoughts. "No one here expects you to be able to memorize a patient's every telepathic thought. Goodness knows none of the rest of us can do it, so we don't expect you to be able to, either, even if it is what you're use to." Gus tried to encourage the other woman, but somehow he couldn't find a smile to offer her.

The CMO nodded as Carrie and Delen offered their thoughts on how to continue Nat's care. "Alright. We'll keep up the vigil, and hopefully figure something else out in the mean time. The sooner she wakes up, the better." A slight change in the heart moniter's rhythm indicated that Nat's body was still fighting against itself, however, this time, her pulse sped up slightly instead of stopping.

"Carrie, I'm sure that I tore you away from something, so if there's not anything else, then go ahead and get back to it. Delen, if you wouldn't mind sitting with her for a bit, I'll go check with the lab about that herb of yours." Gus said with a question in his voice.

[Airman Brinkley-NPC-Mess Hall staff-Entrance/Nurse's Station]

Airman Brinkley stepped out of the elevator with a tray full of food. His instructions had been to go ahead and take the food directly to the staff lounge instead of dropping it off at the nurse's station like he usually did. As he passed the nurse's station, he was suprised to find that no one was sitting there. The desk was rarely left unattended, which meant the place must be pretty busy. A busy infirmary would explain the need for the food to be brought in.

As Brinkley passed the waiting room, he noticed a single gentleman waiting patiently for some attention. The man looked like he was writing a novel, all that thinking, then scribbling, then thinking some more. The airman considered for a moment that the man may not have even been seen by the nurses yet, with the front desk being empty. He would have to mention that to whoever waited for him and the food in the staff lounge.
            Dear Journal
            My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Finally registering the sound of footsteps, Liam looked up. "Hi." he said, nodding his head to the man carrying the tray.
              SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Airman Brinkley-Waiting Area]

Brinkley noted the man in the waiting room's rank the instant that he spoke. "Hello, sir. Been waiting long? I hope I'm not out of line here, sir, but I know a couple of the nurses from my deliveries here, and I could let them know you're waiting. If you want me to that is, sir." The airman spoke quickly. "Mind if I ask what specifically you're waiting for, sir, so I can pass the message along?"
                Dear Journal
                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Liam chuckled at how quickly the airman spoke. "If it wouldn't trouble you any. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me if I can see Natasha Bystronski or not."
                  SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Airman Brinkley-Waiting area]

"Bystronski. Got it. I'll let the nurses know. Or the doctor, which ever one I come across first." Brinkley assured the Lt. "I better get this food delievered, but I'll be back this way before I leave, sir, and let you know what the nurses said." The airman indicated the tray of food he was holding, afraid that if he visited for too long it would get cold. Patients never liked cold food. Or at least that's what the nurses had always told him when he took long delivering meals.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

"Not a problem." Liam shrugged. "As long as I've got my guitar with me, I won't get bored."
                      SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

Suji held the small hot pink tinted furry critter up as she scrutinized its underside. "How is my little one today?" She murmured reassuringly to the animal. She placed it back on the table before her as she made some notes in her tablet.

Sliding her glasses down her nose slightly as she peaked over them at the man responding to her 'enter'. A pleasant smile crossed her face, "Hello Timothy, nice to see you. What can I do for you?"

Kinagi was amused as to his response to her furry little friend.
                        < Alien life form lab >
                        Tim walked over to the work bench and looked down at the little creature.
                        “Hey! You actually managed to capture one of them!” He studied it for a few seconds with a little grin twitching in the corners of his mouth looking back towards Kinaki "Have you managed to figure out if the pink ones are the males or females yet?"
                        But then grew serious as he continued “All the other docs are kind of busy at the moment and I was wondering if you’d feel up for a change to the bipedal ones for a while? I’ve cleaned up some wounds on a woman that got a little bit too close to a tiger deer. Nothing serious though; from what I can tell, since she’s still walking and talking, the tiger deer picked on the wrong guy… woman..."

Comment

The spark in her eyes lit up at the thought of her accomplishment, "Yes, they are amazingly agile and deceptively swift. It took a team effort, but ... " She picked up the little animal and gave it a fond stroke. "Suprisingly, they are extremely docile once they have been conquered." She handed her little prize off to her assistant. She reached across to a set of knobs and turned one causing the current playing of Carmen to settle down to a barely audible din. Her assistant turned to Tim and mouthed a thank you as he rolled his eyes.

"No, I have a hunch. Since their sex organs are all internal I am thinking of trying venting next. I could let you know when, if you would like to participate." Her face was completely sincere. She found the whole process fascinating and couldn't imagine anyone else not. Her assistant stood behind her running his finger across his neck giving Tim the don't go there look.

"A tiger deer? Really?" Her eyes were on fire now. "Is she still around? Can I talk to her?" She totally missed the man's request.
                          Last edited by aintright; 16 September 2008, 08:49 AM.
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

Carrie took a deeper breath and held it for a few seconds as the heart frequency changed, but let it out as a sigh of relief when it picked up its previous pace again I told you not to do that again…’ she growled under her breath with her eyes locked on the monitors before looking back at Gus and Delen “No worries, it’s a matter of priorities, right? But I don’t mind continuing with what I was doing. Apparently Ryn Chikozu was attacked by a tiger deer while on the running track, but it didn’t look too serious though, some cleaning, maybe a few stitches and some antibiotics and she’ll be as good as new again.” She snorted and offered them a grin. “Well, almost as good as new… but Id thought I’d stop by and have a check on how Brihanna’s doing first, see if we can cut back on the drugs and try and get her off that ventilator during the evening.”

Comment

< Alien organism lab >

Tim cringed inwardly, hoping by God he wasn’t too obvious; ‘Looking some alien equivalent of a rodent up its rear? Just for the fun of it? O, you've got to be kidding me. Not unless Blue gives me a direct order of it… and even if so I might just consider it…’
                              “Thanks for the offer Doc, but I think I might just leave it to professionals like your self… And your assistant.”

He flashed a big smile towards the younger man behind her shoulder and then took a gentle hold of Kinagi’s shoulders and turned her towards the door as he spoke.“As a matter of fact she is and she needs your attention for a little while since you are the one who are the back up surgeon around this place.” Tim turned his head and looked back at the assistant, still holding the little creature in his hands, mouthing a ‘WOW!’, and then focused back on Kinagi.
                              “Med bay next then?”

Comment

[Recovery Room # 2]

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                                He listened as Delen explained what she could remember of the captain's thoughts, picking up on her mood as she revealed her confession of not remembering the patient's exact thoughts. "No one here expects you to be able to memorize a patient's every telepathic thought. Goodness knows none of the rest of us can do it, so we don't expect you to be able to, either, even if it is what you're use to." Gus tried to encourage the other woman, but somehow he couldn't find a smile to offer her.

The CMO nodded as Carrie and Delen offered their thoughts on how to continue Nat's care. "Alright. We'll keep up the vigil, and hopefully figure something else out in the mean time. The sooner she wakes up, the better." A slight change in the heart moniter's rhythm indicated that Nat's body was still fighting against itself, however, this time, her pulse sped up slightly instead of stopping.

"Carrie, I'm sure that I tore you away from something, so if there's not anything else, then go ahead and get back to it. Delen, if you wouldn't mind sitting with her for a bit, I'll go check with the lab about that herb of yours." Gus said with a question in his voice.

"I know. It's just... I like to remember what the patients say so I can tend to them better. Thank you for understanding!" Delen said not wanting to go deep into the subject.

"I agree." Delen said when Gus agreed with her and Carrie about the vigil.

"No problem, Gus. I offer myself for first shift." Delen said wanting to make up for her previous mistake in not remembering Natasha's words/thoughts.

Delen then listened to Carrie and the ongoings of the Infirmary considering where she could help, if allowed, when this case was closed. One way or the other.

Delen Treisa - Aran Refugee

**********************************************************

Inside her mind, as Natasha was recovering from the last joining, another form stepped into center light behind her. Again, her very image, but dressed in a beautiful white dress in layers. She looked like an angel.

"Are you OK?" The form asked with a caring voice?

"Yes, this one wasn't half as bad as the first." Natasha replied, turning to face her new companion.

"It's always better when there is no fight!" Psychic!Nat said as she approached.

"So I guess it's time for the conventional question... Who are you?" Nat asked.

"I am you! A part of you anyway... I'm responsible for your connections with other people. I am the one who controls your psychic abilities and your emotions which are both intrinsically connected. Is that why you can't accept me?" Psychic!Nat asked wanting to know why she was kept there with the others.

"I didn't ask to have powers I can't control!" Nat replied in a unsatisfied mood.

"You can, if you stop fighting me too. If there is one singular truth it's that we must help each other because each of us has a purpose, an equal role to play in the balance of this mind and body. The more we fight, the worse things will get!" Psychic!Nat explained the

"I just want you to go!" Nat said shoving Psychic!Nat away from her.

"Why? I can help you and your friends! Allow me to show you the outside. The people out there worried about you!" Psychic!Nat replied not caring about being shoved away since it wasn't her nature to fight back or keep rancor.

"I want none of this! I have no friends here! OK, maybe two or three." The shell around Nat was beginning to crack.

"Maybe more. See and feel!" Psychic!Nat put her left hand close to Nat's right cheek, but not touching it and she could see Liam, Rachel, the docs in the room and glimpses of the faces of other people who were worried about her.

"What do you want with this?" Nat asked getting away by giving two steps back.

"I want to show you that live is worth living for one and why." Psychic!Nat said covering the new space between them by giving two steps forward.

"Why?" Nat asked instinctively giving another two steps back.

Understanding that it was useless for now, Psychic!Nat remained in her position, not giving any step further. "Because you can help people and they can help you. Grow together, learning from each other, that's the point of life! Yours and theirs. If your voice is extinguished, there will be less to be shared amongst all. The same would happen if the woman next door suddenly succumbed as well. You're no more, no less important than her or anyone else, but you have your place to fill as do each of them. Which that place is? That's for the individual to know and the collectivity to find out!" Psychic!Nat said explaining her point of view on the matter.

"So what's my place, huh?" Nat asked to her companion. "And how many of you are there?" She asked to know how much more conversations like that she'd have to have before she could finish this.

"First there were four! Then three! Now it's just us! One way or the other, only one will leave this joining room, no matter through which door!" Psychic!Nat decided to answer the second question first because it was easier. "Through me you can help people as many have already told you before! Look at yourself! You're lying in a hospital bed between life and death because of what? Fear! You're afraid to face yourself and you aren't the only one! The thing about fear, the same as hate, is that it turns against you and then it destroys you! There comes a time at which we must shed a light in the secrets we hide in the dark. Maybe that's your place." Psychic!Nat said extending her hand. "Come with me! No matter how it ends. It'll be the first choice we make as one. There is no other way to leave this place!" She continued.

Natasha heard everything in silence and continued that way after Psychic!Nat finished her speech. There was some sort of truth on what she was saying. Nat could feel it or she could have been manipulated. She gave a step back on instinct as the other one extended her hand like Varia had done before her. The end was close and clear. There was no choice but to accept it. She had to forget her fear and go on. With that decided, Nat shook the offered hand again and with a huge happy smile Psychic!Nat dissolved into Natasha. The entire room became illuminated as they joined. Now she was alone. No others showed up because there were none. It was over! No! It was time to make a final choice.

Natasha stared at one door and then the other, taking the knowledge from Varia to know what was behind each and that of all, to pick one. She chose the one on the right side and walking towards it, opened it without hesitation. A brighter light filled the room. Natasha stepped through the door decided.

Outside, in the recovery room, as Natasha was recovering her consciousness in fast steps, her diaphragm started working again, making her lungs breathe naturally once more. The inevitable coughing came later as she felt the tube of the ventilator inside her throat, disturbing it. She blinked her eyes several times before finally opening them. Instinctively, she brought her hands to her throat as she continued to cough.

(( OOC - There you go! She's finally awake after 9 months! ))
                                Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X