Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<Kevin Cooper ~~ Visitor's Room ~ Infirmary>>

<<NPC ~ Joshua Samuel McGregor SG Chaplain ~~ Visitor's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Kevin made a politically diplomatic move just wanting to side step the obvious pleeding in the woman's eyes. It was obvious that Jennyfer cared immensely. Not in a way of affection but in one that was a concern and love of others and their plights. She was the perfect type for her job. It was a wonderful thing to see someone doing what they were born to do. He smiled because it reminded him of Brihanna in action. She was brilliant enough to be whatever she wanted to be. She was beautiful and articulate enough to hold his position in a heartbeat but, it would be a waste of her talents. Foreston was better served by her abilities to plot, plan, organize and put things in place to move in the right direction. "Jennyfer, I am a man of my word. If a blood donation is needed to assist the base in getting back on its feet then I will be happy to oblige. But, really a small snack to get me ready for that and then a bag lunch for the road." The words came confidently out of his mouth and his soul. It was the right thing to do. Foreston would be in disarray and his leadership would be needed. That and the words of the uptight nurse were still hitting home.

It was now Josh who was protesting, "Councilman, you can't let the uncaring words of Nurse Gloria discourage you from being there for Brihanna when she awakes. We all three know she will need you. She has a tough road ahead of her." He again felt the disappointed look from Jennyfer but, he truly felt the words he conveyed. He never could understand the lack of compassion in people in her position. If only there were more Jennyfer's in the world.

Kevin looked calmly between the two and put on his best speech face, "Foreston needs their leader right now. The mayor will be of no use, she is probably still huddled in a corner. I need to return to put things back into place and to reassure people all is safe, they have no need to worry. As Nurse Gloria pointed out it will be awhile before they let Brihanna awake and I will be back in a moment of notice. Right now I am only getting in the way of her receiving the attention she truly needs." He took Jennyfer hands into his and looked down into her face, "I know she is in good hands and that you will share with her my note until I can return. With you tending to her and the Chaplain praying for her, what else can she need?"

He was very convincing until he hit the final question and only their did his voice slightly faulter. Not that it was probably something that Jennyfer or Josh would have picked up on. Now if Brih was around. She would have seen right through his facade.
    Last edited by aintright; 27 August 2008, 05:10 PM.
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

((Check your location tag, Ainty. They've moved on from there. ))

[Nurse Jennyfer Santiago-Staff Lounge]

Jennyfer had to admit that Cooper's promise to still donate blood sounded sincere. She quickly ran through a list of other possible arguments to keep the man on the base. What if he started to think about Brih for too long again, and had another panic attack on the road? There wouldn't be anyone there to remind him to take deep breaths and help him calm down again. Of course, he would insist that it wasn't gong to happen, that he had fully recovered before, and would be ok. She wondered briefly if there was anyone else who had come with him from Foreston and could walk back with him.

In the end, the nurse decided that she really didn't have any valid arguments to keep him in the infirmary without a docotor's order. And she knew that Gus wanted to see him leave sooner, rather than later. He would be there for at least another 45 minutes as it was, long enough to donate blood and recover. With any luck, he would be too weak to travel after the donation, and be forced to stay on base. Blinking a few times, she briefly wondered why it was so important to her that he stay. She had no real interest in the man. At least no more than she had for any other patient. Nurses tended to become a little overprotective of a patient that they had been ordered to care for, and perhaps that was Jennyfer's only reason for caring now. But whatever the reason, she just wasn't ready to let him go without a fight.

Jennyfer had to bite her tongue to keep from admonishing the Chaplain when he presented his next argument. Gloria was only doing her job. Yes, she could come across harshly sometimes, but that could be attributed to her strong personality.

Jennyfer watched Kevin's face closely as he spoke his final arguments, hoping to read between the lines, but like the good politician he was, his facial expressions betrayed nothing of what he was actually thinking. The nurse found herself wanting to take the man at his word and believe whatever he was telling her. "I'll do what you ask, but she needs someone that she trusts to be here in person, not just in spirit. The white coats can be kind of intimidating sometimes." She answered his concluding question with the only thought she had left, her voice matching his in seriousness.
      Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
        CMO's Office

Claire nodded a Carrie when she said about the paper work getting done, "Sure thing," she replied, as she walked out of the office, and into the hallway.

Smiling Davis agreed, "I like that. Do you mind if I make a quick trip to the lounge and be back ASAP?" she asked. Between Sharp and her, there had been some progress made. Maybe due in time, he could become her assistant, that thought nearly made her laugh. He was after all a higher ranking officer and her CO. Umm, yea he was likely to zat her then.

< Hallway outside the recovery rooms >

Carrie shook her head and returned the smile “No of course not. Take your time; if we’re supposed to be with Nat 24/7, taking turns, you’re risking to spend more time here then you’ve done as a patient... Now go and finish up with what you were doing before you came down here. If we need you here sooner, we’ll just give you a call, okay?”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Outside recovery rooms

Claire smiled and nodded, "Thanks, Carrie," she said then she moved down the hallway, "I'll see you later." Before disappearing out of sight.

<<To Lounge>>

Comment

<<Kevin Cooper ~~ Visitor's Room ~ Infirmary>>

<<NPC ~ Joshua Samuel McGregor SG Chaplain ~~ Visitor's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Josh almost felt a little uncomfortable with the bond building between the councilman and the nurse. He wasn't too sure what was going on.

Kevin still holding Jennyfer's hands in his patted the top of them before releasing them. "I know Brih, she will figure out real quickly that she can trust you. You and the Chaplain." His gaze turned to meet Josh. "And don't underestimate Brih she will be the one doing the intimidating." He laughed a little. Deep down he was feeling an aching at the thought of leaving but, he did not reveal it on the outside.

Josh was silent in his thoughts. He allowed Cooper to speak trying to break the code that revealed the truth of the man's words. "Okay if this is your wish then let's take this one step at a time. Jennyfer may we start with some food for the councilman so he will have the proper strength to make that donation?"

He watched Cooper make his was to the chair to sit down. The large man dwarfed the chair. "I need a word with my aide. I will let you two figure out the details."

Kevin nodded, "Sure Chaplain, do what you need to. I promise not to do anything wrong while you are gone."
            sigpic
            SCORE!!
            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

“Yeah, see you later…” Carrie lifted her hand in a gesture of “good bye” and then headed down the corridor towards the recovery rooms.
              After a soft knock on the door, she entered the room, nodded an acknoledgment towards Rachel and then walked up to stand next to Gus, shifting her gaze between Nat’s face and the monitors as she spoke quietly.
              “Hey… Any changes so far?”

Comment

[Nurse Jennyfer Santiago-Staff Lounge]

Jennyfer looked down at her hands as Kevin gently patted them. She wasn't sure what to make of the gesture, but didn't dwell on it for too long, knowing that physical contact was important by human nature. Or least that's what the staff psychologists she'd worked with in the past had always told her, and why she tolerated it.

She turned her head toward the chaplain as he at last agreed to Cooper's plan. Nodding at the man's request, she sighed to herself and started to cross the room to call the mess hall and have them send up some food. "Alright. I still think something else is going on here, but I'll order the food." She picked up the phone with purpose, and placed an order with the mess hall staff. One egg sandwich and freash fruit bag lunch to go, and two pasta entries to be delivered at the mess's convenience to the infirmary.

"The food will be here shortly." The nurse announced as she turned back to the room to face Cooper. "In the mean time, if you still wish to talk to the General, then you can use the phone in here. Sgt. Mykonos will probably answer, but if General Blue isn't busy, then she can put you through. Anything else I can do for you, just let me know." Somehow, Jennyfer's voice was less friendly than before, almost as if she was reading from a textbook. After all, why should she show compassion to a man who had turned the infirmary upside down with his demands, and then abandoned the woman he was there to see, leaving her only a simple note? The note that was now tucked away safely inside of her lab coat, and one that she had promised to deliver.

*************************************************************************

[Recovery Room 2]

Gus looked up from the machines he was studying at the sound of the door opening. He smiled when he saw Carrie enter the room. "No, nothing significant like suddenly waking up. Although, she did shift into a state of intense REM activity sometime after that last report and before we came in. Hopefully, that's a good sign." The CMO's voice was quiet as he updated the other doctor on the situation.

"So, you want to stay around for a bit or go relieve Julianna?" Gus offered the two options to Carrie.

Dear Journal
                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

< Recovery room 2 >

“Let’s hope so…” She grabbed the chart from the bedside table and flipped through the latest notes before handing it over to Gus with a grin “You mean actually I get to choose?” but then got serious and professional again.
                  “If you don’t mind, I’ll go and check on Julianna first and then move on to find out what kind of chaos that might await us “out there” after our meeting.” She made a motion with her head indicating the way towards the waiting area and unclipped her pager from her pocket and checked the display.
                  “You know, this one has been awfully quiet for awhile.” Carrie lifted her gaze towards Gus with a raised eyebrow, though a grin could easily be seen twitching in the corner of her mouth. “Seriously Gus, what did you tell that poor nurse out at the reception? Bed pan duty for a week if she paged us during the meeting or what?”

Comment

[Recovery Room 2]

Gus nodded his approval of Carrie's choice. He didn't even want to think about the line of patients that had been waiting for a doctor's attention while they were in the meeting. But he knew that Carrie would be up for the challenge. If he was needed, then she knew where to find him. "You know what they say about quiet. It usually means that disaster is just around the corner. But that's why we're here, right?" The doctor said somewhat pessimistically.

Gus chuckled at Carrie's comment about the poor nurse on duty. He had never had to threaten Mary. The young woman knew how to do her job without threats. "Now what kind of CMO would I be if I told you all my secrets?" He teased the other doctor with smile. "Now get back to work, and if Julianna gives you a hard time about leaving, then tell her it was a direct order from me this time."

Dear Journal

Comment

< Recovery room 2 - > Staff office >

“I hope it won’t come down to that, but sure, I’ll tell her if I have to.” After a final look at the monitors she softly squeezed Nat’s hand “Bye for now Nat, see you later…” and left the room, heading for the waiting area.

The voices from Julianna and Delen in the staff office made her turn left in the hallway though and she stopped in the door way, leaning her right shoulder against the door frame.
                      “Julianna? Gus and I are done now... How about you? Heading out of here I hope…?”

Comment

>> From Hangar bay >>

<< Waiting area >>

Tim stepped out of the elevator and turned towards the captain “Why don’t you sit down over there, in one of the couches for a minute, while I’ll go and get that ice pack?” He took a deep breath before asking the inevitable and most probably, not very appreciated question “And maybe hunt down a doc to have a look at you? Just to be on the safe side…”

Comment

[Staff Office]

Julianna tore her gaze away from the computer at the sound of Carrie's voice as she entered the room. The doctor looked back at Delen and then back at Carrie. "Um....yeah, I'll head out in a minute. I was just showing Delen some of our computer systems. I told her that she could hang out here until Gus kicks her out, maybe even help us with some of our paperwork. I mean, it's not everyday we get to meet a doctor from another planet. Patients, all the time; doctors, not so much. Anyway, um....how'd the meeting go with Clarie and Rachael?" Julianna hoped that she didn't sound as tired as she felt, but she needed to know if anything else had been learned about Nat's condition in the mean time.

NPC – Julianna Steele, MD

**********************************************************

<<From Hanger Bay>>

[Waiting Area]

CJ followed Tim out of the elevator and took a seat on the sofa that he had indicated. She almost groaned out loud at the mention of having a doctor come look at her. She really wasn't hurt that bad, and the doctor would probably just tell her the same thing that she already knew. Lots of ice and don't overwork the shoulder. This wasn't CJ's first time hearing the minor injury speech. With a sigh, and a carefully masked expression, she finally relented to the medic's suggestion. "You're going to bring one of the docs out here no matter what I say, aren't you? It's in your blood, so to speak. I don't guess that talking to one of them will cause any permanent damage, so go ahead." But it would hurt plenty. She added the last part silently to herself, before leaning back into the plump sofa to wait for the ice pack and a doctor.

Dear Journal

Comment

((Quick list of Adria's injuries in this RP so far, a twisted ankle from a training mission on the mountains very quickly followed up by an expolsion shoving a peice of rock into her abdomen, and then an alergic reaction to the tea made on base))

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                              [Nurse's Station-Nurse Mary Irving]

"It's ok, Major. I never should have been away from the counter at all. But we're a little short handed and...." Mary tried to explain, her voice trailing off, as she gave up trying to make excuses for her absence.

"I'm not too busy right now, just restocking supplies." The nurse explained with an embaressed smile, her eyes traveling to the stock she had uncermoniously dropped on the counter. "Anyway, I can go ahead and give you a check-up, but one of the doctors will have to sign off on it before you can officially return to active duty. But if you wanted to go ahead and get startd we can head back to the med bay." She told the other woman honestly with a friendly smile. Artfully reaching behind her, she retrieved the Major's file with ease and flipped open the chart to examine the results from Adria's last checkup.

((PA-Adria had a leg injury, right? Can't remember for sure. PM me if I'm wrong.))

"Thanks Mary,"
                              Adria said following the nurse to one of the examination rooms. "By any chance do you know if i left my guitar in here after the whole explosion and rock in my stomach incodent?" she asked since she hadn't found it in her room when she was looking.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

((OOC: Highjacking Delen for a bit to move things along...))

< Staff office >

Delen looked up at Carrie as she heard te familiar voice in the doorway, smiled and nodded as a greeting before turning her attention to Julianna again.
                                "I have a lot of questions I'm afraid, but I think that we might have to take them at a later point. I don't want to get in your way if you are about to go off duty."

“I can brief you on your way out of here…” Carrie said in a cheerful tone and made a motion with chin towards the door and then turned towards Delen with a grin “And if you want stay, why don’t you go and see Nat, our patient in question. Gus and a friend of hers, Rachel Ezekiel, is with her now. It’s just down the hall there and then the second door on the left…?”

Delen got up from her chair and returned the smile. “Thank you Carrie. That sounds like a good idea.” She turned towards Julianna and bowed her head slightly. “Thank you very much for the tour around this place Julianna. It was very rewarding, now do as your friends tell you and get some rest.”
                                With a final nod towards Carrie the off-world doctor left the office, heading for the recovery rooms.

Carrie followed Delen with her eyes as she left the room and then turned towards Julianna. “Shall we?”
                                Still in a good natured tone, though ready to carry out Gus’ threat if necessary, she then went on to fill her colleague in about the events in the CMO’s office as she waited for Julianna to finish her business by the computer, log out and then they walked down the hallway towards the nurses’ station.

Comment

Working...
                                X