Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

< Med bay -> Corridors >

Tim nodded towards the two women and walked out of the Med bay, flipping through the menus of his radio in a search for the frequency used by SG3 and when finding it, he hit the call button.
    “Sergeant Foster to Captain Tyler; please respond.” He let go of the button and took some fast steps across the waiting area to follow the unknown man he just saw turn the corner in to the corridor that went passed the Iso rooms.
    Sir! Can I help you?” Tim raised his voice slightly to make sure the man heard him when he called down the corridor.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

< Nurses station >

Carrie shuddered and then stretched her arms towards the ceiling. Doing some catching up reading made her feel cold and she regretted that she hadn’t kept her fleece jacket on when changing clothes.
      She looked up towards the elevator doors as they opened and Ashwood, 'Geez what was his name, I did his post mission a couple of days ago…' and Claire’s friend ‘Sarah!... Right… Well two out of three isn’t too bad’ entered the waiting room. Apparently Ashwood was the one in charge at the moment since she was the one to approach the nurses’ station.

Carrie narrowed her eyes but offered the captain a grin “Didn’t I tell you last time you were here with a team mate, Claire, to let me be the judge of the medical decisions? Hurt his shoulder and it might be dislocated you say? Lets hope for his sake it's not that bad.”
      She got up and grabbed a lab coat from the hanger on the wall, knowing it would at least offer her some warmth, and then scanned the waiting room as she put it on.
      Carrie raised an eyebrow and looked back at Ashwood “So where did he go?”

Comment

((Triple post - sorry ))

< Hallway outside Iso rooms >

** This is Tyler. Say again your message. **

Tim pressed the call button; eyes still locked on the man ahead of him though.
        “This is Sergeant Foster ma’am. I have one of your team mates down here in the Infirmary, a Ser…” He released the call button and winced as he took another breath ‘Not any more…’ then pressed it again “…Airman Chikozu. She’s wondering if you have the time to come down and see her ma’am. Over”

Comment

<Med Bay>

Originally posted by aintright View Post
          <<Suji Kinagi -- Vet -- Infirmary>>

"Thank you for your help Timothy. If I need any further assistance I will flag down a nurse." She watched as he left the room.

Turning to the young woman. Kinagi began to slowly unwrap the wound. "Is that medicine starting to help with the pain any?" She continued to speak in her calm, reassuring voice. "So tell me in more detail what exactly happened?" Her inquiry was more to satisfy her desire to learn of the elusive animal. However, it also served to calm the patient while she worked.

The wounds were quite severe. She retrieved the cleaning solution from the tray that Foster had set up for her. She queried further as she completed her examination. "Did you say you zatted it twice? Two solid hits? She noticed some marks that appeared different from the others. Are you sure it didn't bite you?"

Ryn gritted her teeth, and mentally counted to ten, lest she verbally bit off another person's head with her remarks. How many times?! Seriously... By now the tale was stuck firmly to the same version, and she was proud of her own calmness in relating it. Good going there, maybe that'll help in getting that rank back...

"Yes, I zatted it twice," she said, pressing her head back against the pillow and looked at the ceiling, whilst seriously trying not to roll the eyes at the poor doc.

"So it's dead. There was one shot that I directed at its front paws, just to give it the idea of not attacking me. Of course, it proved to be the exact bait the tiger needed to *get* me... It jumped at me, so I shot it again in its chest, just before we fell to the ground. I struggled to get it off me. Teeth may have grazed me in the process, but I'm pretty sure it didn't bite me, since it was already dead when we were down.".

She was also pleased to find the pain killers were kicking in, and breathed a slow sigh of relief. "That's better, thanks, Foster..." Ryn muttered under her breath. Then louter, she spoke up. "Just do your stuff, doc. I'm out for the count." With that, she tried to close her eyes and get more zz's. She knew she would need her rest if she was to heal properly.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
            < Nurses station >

Carrie narrowed her eyes but offered the captain a grin “Didn’t I tell you last time you were here with a team mate, Claire, to let me be the judge of the medical decisions? Hurt his shoulder and it might be dislocated you say? Lets hope for his sake it's not that bad.”
            She got up and grabbed a lab coat from the hanger on the wall, knowing it would at least offer her some warmth, and then scanned the waiting room as she put it on.
            Carrie raised an eyebrow and looked back at Ashwood “So where did he go?”

Kim rolled her eyes, "Yea yea," she waved her in a good naturally, "I'm only telling you what I have observed. since the arm is dangling. Knowing you doctors, you would throw ten zillion questions at us before getting to the patient. How bad it is I can't tell you cos we brought him down here to see you or Gus. So you could tell us how bad it is."

Kim raised her head and looked at what Carrie was talking about, frowning, "He was here just a minute ago. I told him to stay put," she told the Doc, "But I guess he might be off to find out Miss Simmons's condition."

She wasn't sure what annoyed her the most Zack running to find Simmons or not staying put to have a doc look at his arm.

Comment

Kinagai continued to exam some of the wounds a little closer. Now not asmuch for the scientific study reasons but, to make sure she would be able to suture the lacerations. The other option would be to remove the damaged flesh on some of the more severe areas. This of course would make for a totally different heal rate.

"I am sorry airman, I am sure you have told your story too many times. I just need to know details to allow you the speediest of recoveries." She scowled a little, the claw marks were deep and jagged. Her work wouldn't be easy. "So tell me airman, what is your position here on the base?"
              Last edited by aintright; 24 September 2008, 08:02 PM.
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

<<Zach Black ~~ Infirmary>>

At first Zach didn't respond to the sir reference. It wasn't a title he was often afforded. Then he realized he was out of gear and looking very civilian. He jerked around to greet the man and as he did he contorted in a fashion and his should made a stange noise. The shooting pain made him weak at the knees and slightly nauseous. He turned white and hoped that he could remain on his feet.

Gritting his teeth he spoke swiftly, "Hello, Zachary Black, SG1. A little time off." He commented to explain his appearance. He felt his stomach rise up into his throat. He fought it back down. "I was in Foreston this morning. The shooting. I understand the General is fine." He stopped, winced, sucked in some wind, "I was just wondering if I could check in on Brihanna. The shooting victim." Normally he would give an endearing grin at this point. Today it was not going to be possible.

sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

[ Sarah Whitely - Infirmary ]

Sarah followed them all into the infirmary and waited with Zack as Kim walked over to the front desk. Sarah tutted at Zack about his arm and waited.

Minutes later Zack walked away with a riddle as to why. Sarah just nodded and watched him walk away. No where near the toilets as she had thought he would. Kim came over minutes later,

"He went that way," Sarah pointed down the corridor she had watched Zack limp down, "He can't have gotten far."
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Kinagai continued to exam some of the wounds a little closer. Now not asmuch for the scientific study reasons but, to make sure she would be able to suture the lacerations. The other option would be to remove the damaged flesh on some of the more severe areas. This of course would make for a totally different heal rate.

"I am sorry airman, I am sure you have told your story too many times. I just need to know details to allow you the speediest of recoveries." She scowled a little, the claw marks were deep and jagged. Her work wouldn't be easy. "So tell me airman, what is your position here on the base?"
                    ((Ainty ... please don't make it worse than it is. It is not as deep as you make it out to be, not all lacerations need stitches. I want Ryn mission-ready/light-duty ready, please. You're doing a good job in playing her, though. ))

Ryn opened her eyes again, to look at the doc who was focused on yet more examinations of the small wounds. She was fast losing confidence in this doc's skill, not knowing what the real position was of this doctor.

"Doc. I know it's my rank and all, but please call me Ryn. I've very recently been demoted, and don't want to be reminded of it all the friggin' time." Her voice betrayed how nervous and upset she still felt of that particular event. "Sorry. OK? And, I'm with SG-3.".

Comment

< Hallway outside Iso rooms>

** What the .... never mind, sergeant. I'll be down in a few minutes. **

“Thank you, ma’am. Foster out.” Tim tucked the radio in its place in one of the side pockets of his pants and walked closer to Black.
                      “I’m Sergeant Foster, pleased to meet you sir. Look, first of all, you look like you need some medical attention yourself, and secondly, I’m afraid you’re not allowed to be back here on your own, so” He took one of the wheel chairs by the wall and put it right in front of Black “if you’ll just have a seat I’ll take you to a doc who can have a look at you and provide you with information about miss Simmons.”
                      He tilted his head and gave the man a grin, “Fair enough?” locked the brakes and made a motion with his and to take a seat.

Comment

"Ryn, it is a pleasure to meet you. I apologize, you are correct. I should have used your name." Suji mulled over what to do with the border line injuries. "SG3? So what is your position with the team?"

Kinagi knew the type. The airman would want the quick fix and probably an okay for a mission tomorrow. She didn't want to have to be the one to break it to her that that wasn't going to happen. She took a deep sigh. "Ryn, since we don't know a whole lot about the tiger deer, not yet anyways. I would like to watch these wounds for infection over night. We will get you started on antibiotics, an injection and some nice medicine to help you sleep." She cocked her head and looked into the woman's eyes. She knew this wouldn't be well received. "Then if all comes out as hoped, stitches in the morning, continued anitbiotics, a sling and all better real soon." She braced herself to wait for the woman's reaction.

She would consult with Carrie to make sure she wasn't missing anything or overreacting. With all her working with animals it wasn't the first time she had dealt with an individual's claw wounds. Or there was that time in the rain forest above Cairnes. The kick of that Cassowary, she shuddered and placed a hand on her ribs.
                        Last edited by aintright; 25 September 2008, 10:19 AM.
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

"Tim, hello. Its the arm." Indicating that he was unable to offer a hand shake. "Legs are okay. I am sure I can walk." He dug deep and found a close replica of that grin.

"Very intuitive of you however, my teammates drug me down here. I am sure it is nothing. A good bruise, took on a wall and well lets just say the wall won." His stomach had settled down and he was feeling much better. "I would appreciate the information on Brihanna." He tried to remain subtle and not appear overly concerned. At least there was no indication that she wasn't still around.

Zach ran his good hand across the back of his neck giving it a little rub. "So I would be happy if you could show me to someone to take a look at this. An all clear would make the girls happy. Then they won't have that to nag me about. Not that they won't find something else." He began to laugh. "Lead on." Zach showed no indication that he was in any way going to get into that wheelchair.

sigpic
                          SCORE!!

Comment

< Hallway outside the Iso rooms >

Tim grunted of frustration, ‘What the heck is the matter with people?’
                            “I don't really know anything more then that miss Simmons is out of surgery so can I have some cooperation here please, 'cause I don't care about any 'girls'! I care about you. You’re obviously not doing too well; your face is green, you’re afraid of moving your arm due to the pain and you were about to keel over about 30 seconds ago, so please sir, have a seat?”

Comment

Spoiler:

"Ryn, it is a pleasure to meet you. I apologize, you are correct. I should have used your name." Suji mulled over what to do with the border line injuries. "SG3? So what is your position with the team?"

Kinagi knew the type. The airman would want the quick fix and probably an okay for a mission tomorrow. She didn't want to have to be the one to break it to her that that wasn't going to happen. She took a deep sigh. "Ryn, since we don't know a whole lot about the tiger deer, not yet anyways. I would like to watch these wounds for infection over night. We will get you started on antibiotics, an injection and some nice medicine to help you sleep." She cocked her head and looked into the woman's eyes. She knew this wouldn't be well received. "Then if all comes out as hoped, stitches in the morning, continued anitbiotics, a sling and all better real soon." She braced herself to wait for the woman's reaction.

She would consult with Carrie to make sure she wasn't missing anything or overreacting. With all her working with animals it wasn't the first time she had dealt with an individual's claw wounds. Or there was that time in the rain forest above Cairnes. The kick of that Cassowary, she shuddered and placed a hand on her ribs.

"I've only just joined up with this base," Ryn replied. "Am new recruit. Guess I'm not making a good impression on my first week. Oh well, can't do anything about that now; gotta look ahead and deal with stuff ...."

Then the doctor started talking about what would happen next. Ryn listened attentively, wanting to know. She couldn't really go against any of the procedures, so just nodded and let her do her stuff.
                              "Okay. Guess I thought you were gonna stitch me up right now. Thought that's why Sergeant Foster called you up here. I don't care, really... Just as long as I can sleep, that's fine." She sighed, and gave a weak smile. The stress of everything was busy catching up with her. Sling ? I ain't wearing no sling, that's fer *darned* sure!

Comment

"Really Tim, it is nothing. Look I can to move the arm." Black made a small movement with the hand. The effort reflected on his face. "Okay so the arm isn't one hundred percent. But really, the legs are fine. Just tell me which way" Zach took a couple of steps to prove his point.

Sensing that the man in front of him wasn't going to budge, "Alright, I will make you a deal. One we don't take this thing anywhere near the waiting area where they will see me in it. Two if I ride in this thing, you will agree to get me more details on Ms. Simmons condition." Wanting to test what he could get away with here. "Maybe later you will even let me know which room she is in. A small visit?"

Zach looked at the man waiting to see just what he would get out of this deal.

sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X