Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Recovery Room # 2]

"I'm on it." Delen replied immediately falling into work mode. "I'm aware of procedures for these cases." She assured Gus, first with words, then with actions.

She was a little bit wary to approach the patient at first, but then just did her work and started CPR the second she got close enough with mouth to mouth and rhythmic chest compressions. She counted out loud the quantity of compressions and ventilations as she performed the procedure. Identical of that from Earth since they were all Human after all.

The procedure had little effect though, but Delen didn't give up since Gus seemed determined to save this woman. She would do whatever she could to help out, but the patient was unresponsive to the CPR.

"It's not working. I've never seen something like this. Such control over one's body. Sad she is really determined to die." Delen said while opening up the hospital gown for the defibrillation process as Gus approached with the equipment on his hands. It didn't look all that different from the ones she was used to except for the language written in it, but the numbers were basically understandable so she thought she could help Gus in controlling it if need be.

Delen Treisa - Aran Refugee
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
      >> from the Hangar bay >>
      Spoiler:

Carrie nudged the sleeve of Tim’s shirt as they stepped out of the elevator.
      “Can I ask you for a favor?”
      Tim gave a brief nod and watched as the orderly continued in to the Med bay with Ryn. “Sure, what is it doc?”
      “I’m guessing that you’re officially off duty, but with the staff situation down here…” Her voice trailed off for a second before taking another breath “But, do you think you could help us out a little while longer? I need someone to start cleaning Ryn’s wounds ASAP, God only knows how much dirt and other nasty stuff that might thrive there, I need to check her medical file on her before I do anything… and get some equipment ready. The latter is usually something the nurses do, but well, as you know… we’re a bit short of nurses at the moment.”

Tim sighed, but nodded. “So it’s just the cleaning-up-stuff?”
      “Yes, and I promise I’ll be back as soon as I can, I’ll be at the nurses’ station…”
      “Okay, guess 10 or 15 minutes more down here wont matter. I’ll get right on with it.”
      Carrie gave him a big smile “Thank you! I owe you one!” and then hurried away across the room, slumped down in front of one of the computers and logged on. Treating someone with a AU-origin definitely needed some checking before getting in to action

‘Yep, you certainly owe me big time doc’ he looked at his watch as he walked in to the Med bay, grabbing what he needed to perform the task on different shelves. ‘On duty for what? 30 hours and counting? I’ll live, been through worse, at least I had some sleep. Just suck it up and get on with it Foster. That’s the only way to deal with it’

He walked over to Ryn’s bed and started to unload the things he had in his arms on the night stand, offering her a grin.
      “Hey, the doc said she wanted to me to clean those wounds before she comes back, so let’s get what still remains of that sweater off you and…” he tossed a gown on the bed next to Ryn “into one of the always very appreciated gowns…I’m sorry…”

Ryn sighed, and accepted the gown. Without further ado nor any winces, she shed her sweatshirt after eyeing its pitiful state (as well as the insignia that had somehow managed to still be velcro'ed onto the shirt's neck that was otherwise torn off), and tossed it to the floor. Ryn put on the gown sullenly. She kept her undergarments, sweatpants and shoes on, so she'd be ready to flee whenever possible.

"Clean away, sarge." She told Tim, and then turned her head aside, so he had access to the biggest of the wounds on the shoulder top. She was shaking a little, apparently the shock of the events had finally caught up with her. Not to mention the other recent stuff. Forcing herself to NOT think about anything, and to swallow any lumps in the throat away, she kept still, letting Tim do his work. Crying could be done later, much later, when she wasn't in the public eye so much. She was still a marine, even if that wrong rank said otherwise. Why didn't she give me corporal, I should have had at least that courtesy! The anger about that injustice made her feel a little better, ironically enough.

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

“What the h3ll happened!?” Carrie took in the readings from the monitors with a chocked expresion, then within seconds grabbed the Ambu-bag, figuring that taking over the ventilation part from Delen was probably the only thing she could do at this moment.
        “You continue with the compressions, I’ll take over in this end with the ventilation,” she said to Delen as she sqeuezed herself in between the monitors and the head end of Nat’s bed; letting Gus be the one in charge, ordering the others around; not because of his CMO-status, but because he was the first physician in the room too arrive, or if he’d been there the whole time since she’d left him, Carrie wasn’t entierly sure.

She removed the pillow; tilted Nat’s head back to make sure the airways was clear and the placed the mask over her face and watched the chest move as she squeezed the bag ‘Come on Nat! Don’t do this, will you… If you really are a telepath then get your but back here…!’ and then made eye contact and a nod towards Gus, letting him know she was ready.

Last edited by Northern Girl; 08 September 2008, 04:37 AM.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[Recovery Room 2]

Gus said a silent thank you to any deities that might be listening that Delen's knowledge of medical emergency procedures coincided with those used on Earth and now Gaia. As long as they were able to stay on the same page they stood a chance of getting Nat to respond to their efforts.

He started preping the defibulator, and aknowledged Carrie and Sam's entrance with a pointed look. "Sam, get the epinephrine ready." He told the nurse, and visually checked that the IV was still securely stuck in Nat's arm so he would be able to inject the necesary drugs.

He stole another quick glance at Carrie, now helping Delen with CPR, and quickly made the final prepartions of the defibulator, smearing each paddle with a dalop of cool gel, and then rubbing the paddles together to help build a charge. "Clear." He called, giving everyone less than a second to clear the patient, before he placed the paddles on Nat's now bare chest. The familiar hum of the machine let everyone in the room know what was to come. Gus held the paddles firmly to Nat as the electric current shocked through the woman's body. He held his breath as his gaze traveled over to the equipment to see if it had done any good.

Cursing silently to himself at Nat's unresponsiveness, he ordered Carrie and Delen to "Resume CPR. We're not giving up on her yet. Come on Nat.". He tried to verbally beg the all too still woman's heart to start beating again.

He repeated the ministrations with the paddles, just as carefully and precise as before. "Clear." The CMO called for the second time, and repositioned the paddles on Nat's body, clenching his teeth with the effort of hoping that he could persuade the woman not to give up just yet.

Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

< Med bay >

Tim quietly bent down and picked up the shredded sweatshirt, tore off the insignias and put them in a small plastic bag, placing them on the bed next to Ryn’s right knee and then tossed the remains of the sweater in the garbage bin next to him. No matter how skilled tailors they might have on the base; it was lost for any further use.
            He put an absorbing paper towel under her shoulder and folded the gown down a little for better access, “Okay, no matter how I do this, I’m afraid it’s going to hurt. So just let me know if or when you want to have a break, alright?” and then he begun the clean the shoulder wound.

He worked in silence for a couple of minutes, shooting a glance at Ryn’s face every now and then, trying to find out what was going on inside of her head.
            “Want to talk about what happened?” Tim decided to try and break the silence, still looking at what he was doing though, not wanting to make eye contact in fear of that Ryn might chicken out if he *did try make eye contact “About why you’re an Airman?”
            It was a question sincerely asked and he hoped she saw it that way, and not as if he where snooping around, he was concerned and wanted to help…

Comment

<Med Bay>

Ryn shrugged as he warned her it was going to hurt. She welcomed the pain when it came, and didn't flinch. It helped to feel something else besides utter humiliation.

And then it came. The dreaded questions. She swallowed tears away, wanted to dry her face a bit, but couldn't since her shoulders were pinned down by the good medic so he could work. Ryn tried to move her head away but again couldn't. How she hated restriction of movement like this. And being conscious too. She wished they'd just put her to sleep until the wounds healed.

She sighed, wondering if she should answer him. She eyed the man's head, trying to see any signs of mockery or whatnot. She could see him focussed on his work, not on her at all. It was probably just a medical question, Ryn decided. Something medics are trained to ask, so they could get a better picture of their patients.

Oh, what the h*ll. "I guess I talked back at him and others one too many times. That's the only thing I can think of why he demoted me. I haven't done anything wrong, though officers may have seen it different. Still. I've never seen anyone so pissed off. All he needed were glowy eyes and a booming voice. And a throne, maybe. And loyal slaves, although there's one living in that outer office... I'll never be a slave to anyone. Least of all him.". Bitterness was evident in her voice. Ryn still didn't understand why she'd been demoted, and still hated Blue for it.

"There were charges made against me. Of disrespect. Then he goes and dismisses the charges, and next thing I know, I'm a f***ing airman. It's not logical, that's what it is, even if it's temporary .... I don't get that guy, and I doubt I ever will. I just wish Landry was here. He'd *tell* that Blue...". Ryn sighed, lost in memories of the SGC. A long, long time ago now. Tears formed in her eyes again and she so wanted to wipe them off. Blinking, she forced them down instead.

Comment

< Med bay >

It appeared that the questions somehow had opened a dam, words and tears literally came pouring out of the woman, tears of anger and disappointment more then actual physical pain.
                “You talked back to the General!?” Tim’s voice was full of disbelief as he stopped working and looked at Ryn’s face for a second, having a hard time to comprehend what she had actually said, then grabbed some tissues from the box on one of the lower shelves on the nightstand and handed them to her. He sat down on the stool next to the bed, still looking at her, though talking in a much calmer and softer tone now
                “Are you out of your mind Ryn? You don’t talk back to a general and but if I do try to imagine anyone actually being stupid enough to do that, I doubt that that someone would actually get demoted for that, more likely that he’ll be assigned to some tedious, boring and utterly meaningless chores for an undetermined length of time. You don’t plunge down 3 notches in rank for that!”

Tim took a deep breath and got up to continue with the irrigation and cleaning procedure. “And I don’t like you calling Sergeant Mykonos a slave to Blue, she’s not, she’s a highly respected woman here, and by that I don’t mean the part that comes with her being his aid. Get to know her and you’ll know what I mean, and from what I know about the General; he’s as far away from someone who would treat enlisted people that way... End of that discussion.” He went silent for a while and continued his work for a couple of more minutes, thinking he was beginning to have a clue of what had brought her down the ladder of ranks like this.

“There has to be something else that rendered actions like this from his side. Have you been on report for something else over these last couple of weeks?” This time he looked up at her and gave her bruised face a scrutinizing look before he made direct eye contact with her. Having been a paramedic he’d seen faces like that way too many times in his career, though almost every time lacking the fire he’d seen in Ryn’s today.

Comment

The shoulders hurt immensely, as Ryn dried her face so she tried to be quick about it. But Tim's tirade only kept the tears going. Ryn blew her nose and forced herself to stop crying. This wasn't like her, what was going on ?

"He .. said ... I'd... come to ... his attention... three times. All of them negative. Firstly. There was that barfight in Foreston, on our leave (was trying to protect a cripple that got picked on).

Second, there was me telling someone from there I'm not from this reality (I think it was their doc, can't remember).

And then third, there's me talking back to officers. Like, on our way back to base, Major Ashwood said about that woman that got shot that she'd punch her next time she saw her. Something about her actions with the major's boyfriend. And I said, that that woman wasn't really thinking about that man anymore, and that she had other worries.

Oh whatever .... I don't really care what happens to me now. I don't. They can do what they want with me ... I've had it."

Depressed, she pulled her head back onto the pillow, back into the original position she'd been in, so Tim could do his work. Hoping it would hurt, and hurt it did. Ryn held on to the pain, like it was the only thing that made sense right now, glad there were no more tears. At least for now.
                  She guessed he'd seen the now faded bruises on her face (maybe some skin was still yellow here and there). That would be the only reason for him to ask more. It didn't matter. Nothing really did.

Comment

< Med bay >

Tim finished up on the shoulder by placing a gauze pad and securing it with a piece of adhesive until the doc could have a closer look at it and then moved on to the more superficial ones on her arms.
                    ‘A bar fight in Foreston and on top of that; not knowing when to keeping your mouth shut and stay low, all within 24 hours. Nice work young lady…’ He slowly shook his head and then looked back at Ryn.
                    “Come on! Don’t give me that crap about giving up, because that’s just bullsh!t. I thought you were a marine so act like one then. Suck it up, learn from the experience and do what you have to do. But you Don’t Give Up. Period”

Comment

((Ryn's been there much longer than 24 hrs... I believe it's about a week RP time now since they got back from the AU, and if it's not that, it's at least more than two days. ))

Was he serious?! Ryn turned to look at him and see if he was. Huh. Well...

"Learn from the experience!? Oh geez, you don't know *what* you're talking about. You have no idea what it's like. Being here. Where dead people walk around as if nothing's happened. And living people are dead and I don't know what's happened. That sorta stuff. I guess it's messed me up *real, real, good*. Up to the point where I don't know the rules anymore."

And with that, she glared at him hard, and then looked away again, not in the mood to talk any further.

Comment

((OOC: I know she’s been on the base for quite some time, but the trouble she’s in now, didn’t that happed with in the last 24 hours, give or take a few hours? Thought we had Sunday evening now, the fight was… ok, Friday evening… make it 48 hours then, bruises at its peak… sorry

< Med bay >

Tim cursed under his breath at the icy answer he got, but at least she was angry now and not focusing on pitying herself anymore and that was a start. Ignoring that she looked away he continued to talk anyway.
                        “I’m not saying I know what you’re going through, because I don’t know, I don’t even want to think about how that must feel. But as you said, you messed up because you apparently have other rules where you come from… So then learn the rules Ryn, it’ll make your stay here much easier if you know the boundaries.”

Comment

((well, I guess my notoriously bad memory played tricks on me again *blames RL* ... OK... guess thats also why Blue got reminded of the barfight when looking at her face ... lol.))

<Med Bay>

He was just pushing her buttons. Ryn was smart enough to realise it at some level, but she couldn't help but answer the 'pushes'.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm down at least somewhat. This was a medic, she reminded herself. And he was still trying to help her. Be smart. You don't want medics against you...
                          Right now though he'd seemed to be finished doing whatever it was that caused that pain. She tried flexing her shoulders a little, then winced when a sudden knife thrust of pain arrived. "Ow.".

She looked towards Tim, the movement caused another flare of pain. Guess the pain killers finished their job...

"It's part of my .... punishment. He gave me a rule book. I need to read it. Haven't touched it since he gave it to me. I still don't want to.".

She sighed. "Well. Now you know everything about me, sarge. I told you everything. So what are you going to do with that knowledge, huh ? I'll tell you what you'll do. You'll fetch my team mate and immediate superior. Captain Tyler. She needs to know about my current status. She'll be my only visitor, if I'm allowed any. Would you do that for me ? Even after everything I've said ?"
                          What do you think of me now, eh, Tim ? Probably lost all your respect for me, if you ever had any. Oh well. Guess with a lot of folks I'll have to start from scratch. Tyler included... Ryn didn't know where her own request had come from, but she guessed it had been simmering in her brain for a while now.

Comment

< Med bay >

“Whoa, take it easy” Tim gently put a hand on her lower arm to make her move around a little less and then finished cleaning up the last of the scratches on her left arm, bandaged it and then moved over to her right shoulder ‘Two down, two to go…’
                            “So you’ve got the rule book, that’s a good start…not with you though, not so good. You know you really should have. It’s a lot of reading in that book even for a bookworm as me; been there, done that, not by strict orders though”

Tim sighed and gave her a tired look, but accompanied with a grin. “Sure, I’ll get her for you once I’m finished with here” He wiped off some dried blood and derbies off her shoulder before speaking again “You now, this side looks much better then the other, so it shouldn’t take long… or be as painful as the other shoulder was for that matter. Not so much digging around here…”
                            He hoped that some of his mental prodding and poking had at least started the process of actually *thinking, reflecting, about what had happened or this ex-sergeant, now airman, definitely had a serous attitude problem and this was only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Comment

((It could be that the barfight occurred the previous weekend. I don't know anymore really. ))

<Med Bay>

Despite herself, Ryn managed a small smile and tried changing the subject. "Thanks. For everything. And hey. Did you find any trophies in my shoulder ? Ya know, from that animal ?" She was curious. The beast had dug in deep at some point, and maybe some bits of nail had chafed off and dug themselves in her skin. Ryn mentally shuddered as a flash of the beast resurfaced in her mind. It had been horrible. One of the most horrible creatures she had ever faced. So vicious. She'd been lucky.

Comment

< Med bay >

“No problem, you’re welcome” Tim grimaced as he shot a glance down the trash bin were he’d discarded the compresses and the other less pleasant stuff he’d found.
                                “No, not really, at least nothing identifiable,” then added with a smile “No nice fangs to hang around your neck, if that’s what you’re referring to…” He wrapped some gauze around the superficial claw marks on her arm and then started to clean the last of the wounds on her shoulder, deeper then the arm, but much less damaged then the other shoulder.
                                “You don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to but, umm, just out of curiosity; did you have a Tim Foster where you come from?” He gave her a fast look, hoping she didn’t mind him asking, hoping it didn’t stir up too many memories of her home. But hey, that’s who he was, the curios type, so at least he could always ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X