No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(( OOC - Sorry for the double post! I thought it'd be better than another huge one... ))

[Outside Medical lab, Hallway]

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
    Julianna was a little suprised at Delen's confession. And a little embarrased too. Maybe they had come across as discounting the alien herbs a little too quickly. "Yeah, about that. The misunderstanding was probably as much our fault. We did kind of rush thru that part of conversation. So, I'm sorry for giving you the wrong impression." The doctor apologized quickly, before Delen could blame the whole thing on herself. "And we'd be very greatful for your help. I'll talk to Gus about it for you." Julianna promised the woman, truely glad for her offer of help.

The doctor listened as Delen explained to the lab technician how to prepare the herbal medicine. Her instructions were slightly different from the way the lab normally operated, but it wouldn't be impossible to accomplish. She made a mental to note to ask the Aran woman about the differences later.

Julianna added a few final orders to Becky's already full task, and offered the girl a a warm smile as she turned to leave the lab. "Thanks Becky."

Back in the hallway, the doctor listened to Delen's next request. "I hope nothing more exciting that this happens in the next few hours. But then again, it probably will." Julianna shook her head to herself, and sighed before looking back up at Delen. "I don't have a problem with it if you stick around here, and I don't think that Gus will mind either." Then again, the CMO had been a little unpredictable lately. The woman decided not to add this bit of information into the conversation, and instead turned in the direction of the heart of the infirmary. "Come on, I'll show you around. And after that, maybe you can help me update some of the electronic patient files." She added the last part as more of a joke, although, it would be nice to have the extra help.

NPC – Julianna Steele, MD

"It's OK."
    Delen said deciding to accept the apology offered. "Thank you for everything." She said after Julianna's promise to pledge her case to Gus. She wanted to do something again instead of just running around and being treated like a useless burden.

Inside the Lab Julianna gave a few more instructions after Delen was finished relaying the traditional Aran recipe with pride as any of her people would do in her place. They merited those with knowledge like hers.

"Thank you for allowing me to stay. I'm meant for a place like this, not the battlefield. If I had any doubts before, I don't anymore. Outside only in life or death situations." Delen said unusually sharing a bit about her feelings. It was the effect of the environment.

"Show the way. I'm curious to see more of the place."
    Delen said with an ashamed enthusiasm. "If you show me how to do it, I'll help with great pleasure. I'm a fast learner." Delen replied about filling the paper work at Julianna's office later.

Delen Treisa - Aran Refugee
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

[Recovery Room #2-Alex]

Alex shook her head at Natasha, "Yes you are human, but you are Ancient as well. Its not just about embracing who you are, or accepting who you are. You are who you are, no one can change that. I am not asking you to rebuild yourself. Your experiences make you who you are. But sometimes, we have to relive those experiences in order to deal with what is happening in our lives, now."

"You are more than I expected, and you don't know how many mistakes we made. As a people we aren't that different from the Tau'ri, were are not perfect. I made mistakes, that I can't take back, so did Janus." She than decided to take a more stern voice with Natasha after her little out burst, "Listen, I don't expect you to be like me in any way, but you can learn from my mistakes, Natasha. I don't want you to be like me, I want you to be you. I don't expect anything from you. Except to wake up and accept the gift you have been given."

"Its not about knowing what you want out of life, its about knowing what you want right now in life. Do you want to wake up? Do you want to live life outside of here?" Alex said in a more calm tone, trying to get her to think about what she wanted. She than felt the presence of some people enter the room, through Natasha senses. When Rachael grabbed Nat's hand she felt a slight surge of energy and to herself. "You can face it, but you won't face it alone. I am always with you, and after I am gone from here a part of me will linger on in here for a while."

"What 'if you immediately know the candle light is fire, the meal was cooked along time ago.' Sorry I am no Oma Desala, although I did know her." Alex said with a smile, "Good, trying is a start."

"I will be here for a while longer, and yes I will come with you." Alex said extending her hand, "I am here to help you."
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
        < The CMO’s office >

Carrie caught the silent question from her boss and followed them towards the door and with a grin and a wink, she whispered to Gus “Curiosity killed the cat Gus… I’ll tell you later… Maybe” before closing the door behind them.
        She walked back to Claire and sat down in the chair that Rachel had used only seconds ago, leaning back, relaxed, with her hands resting in her lap, enjoying the opportunity to sit down in a comfortable chair.
        “Don’t worry; I’m not going to bite your head off or anything like that. You military guys always tend to think the worst of us down here, don’t you? Just see as a friendly concern..." and added with a smile "... and yes, a bit of curiousity too; have you had your meeting with Sharp yet?”

CMO's Office

She hadn't been worried about getting her head bitten off at all. She smiled at the question, "Oh not all the time, only when the needles are involved,"

When Carrie came to the reason she wanted to speak to her about, Claire nodded, "Yea, I have," she spoke as she got her feet, not really wanting to sit, "Let's just say whatever I had though that his reaction would have been was wrong. It was a totally 360 of what I had in mind."

Leaning against the wall, "Somehow I do wish I could take all back, but I can't undo, what has been done. Just gonna have to build up what came tumbling down."

Comment

Adria was getting somewhat put off by the lack of anyone around. Tapping the bell for help one more time she raised her voice just a bit so that if a nurse was in the area she'd be herd. "You know if this was a real hospital i'd sue for lack of Patient care."

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

< The CMO’s office >

‘Well she doesn’t look like he bit her head off for leaving his team and she did say the meeting went well, so I guess he did a turn for the better…’
            She nodded and followed Claire with her gaze as she got up from the chair.
            “Just promise me you go easy on the building up stuff, will you? You know, don't rush things... ” Carrie slipped a small sigh and grimaced “I’m kind of talking from personal experience here, so just go one step at a time, brick by brick and all of that kind of stuff... and allow yourself to let the healing take time… Because otherwise you might end up in an even worse condition then during your last post mission check up, and that’s bad, trust me…” ‘Been there. Done that.’

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[Nurse's Station-Nurse Mary Irving]

Mary returned to the nurse's station, arms overflowing with a multitude of items after a brief trip to the back room to grab some much needed supplies. Seeing Major Johnson waiting impatiently at the counter for some attention, the young nurse blushed and quickened her pace. Gus would really be mad with her now if he found out she had left the station unattended for even the few minutes that she had disappeared. "I'm so sorry for wait, Major. I was in the back and didn't hear you come in." Mary apologized quickly and dropped the contents of her arms into one large pile at the end of the counter until she could organize them better. "What can I do for you?" She asked, attempting a small smile.

[Recovery 2]

Gus tried not to let Carrie's cryptic whisper bother him as he reached for the doorknob to grant Rachael entrance into the recovery room to visit Nat. "You ok?" He asked gently, noticing her hesitation before entering the room.

He watched closely as the engineer walked over to Nat's bedside and gripped the other woman's still hand. He cast a glance at the moniter to note any changes in the patient's condition as a result of the new visitor. "I wish I knew what she was dreaming about." He said in response to Rachael's comment. He noted an odd expression cross the woman's face, but didn't question her about it, trusting Rachael to tell him if she noticed anything different when she was around Nat.

((Will try to do one for Julianna later tonight ))
              Dear Journal
              My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                < The CMO’s office >

‘Well she doesn’t look like he bit her head off for leaving his team and she did say the meeting went well, so I guess he did a turn for the better…’
                She nodded and followed Claire with her gaze as she got up from the chair.
                “Just promise me you go easy on the building up stuff, will you? You know, don't rush things... ” Carrie slipped a small sigh and grimaced “I’m kind of talking from personal experience here, so just go one step at a time, brick by brick and all of that kind of stuff... and allow yourself to let the healing take time… Because otherwise you might end up in an even worse condition then during your last post mission check up, and that’s bad, trust me…” ‘Been there. Done that.’

CMO's office

"I think that might be a wise course of action," she gave a small smile, "It might be the only course I have. I'm going to try not crumbling back to this or worse. First thing is first, gotta let go of what happened to dad, it's not going to be easy, but it's going to be a bumpy road. I somewhat hope my former - " she stopped, feeling a little odd calling SG-1 that, "former team is up to the task. Not that I want to take all their time from the missions, mind you."

"Sharp with a zat is the last thing I need," she gave a small chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post

Mary returned to the nurse's station, arms overflowing with a multitude of items after a brief trip to the back room to grab some much needed supplies. Seeing Major Johnson waiting impatiently at the counter for some attention, the young nurse blushed and quickened her pace. Gus would really be mad with her now if he found out she had left the station unattended for even the few minutes that she had disappeared. "I'm so sorry for wait, Major. I was in the back and didn't hear you come in." Mary apologized quickly and dropped the contents of her arms into one large pile at the end of the counter until she could organize them better. "What can I do for you?" She asked, attempting a small smile.
                  Adria felt bad for being impatient. "Honestly Mary it's no big deal I was just wondering if I could get a quick checkup and be cleared for duty after my surgery." She said with a smile. "It can wait if there is something else you need to do." She finished holding her smile.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

< The CMO’s office >

Satisfied by the young lieutenant’s willingness to deal with, rather then to wipe the problems under the nearest carpet, the most common thing around the people here, Carrie got up, stretched her back and moved over towards the door.
                    “No, from what I’ve heard, getting zatted isn’t very funny…” and grinned back at Claire “so you’d better keep him happy. For both of your sakes… From what I’ve seen of him he’d probably regret zatting you for the rest of his life.” She placed a hand on the doorknob but hesitated for a moment and gave Claire a slightly guilty look.

“Sorry for slipping into “doctor-mode” but, how’s that leg of yours? Has it continued to improve since I saw it yesterday so I can put you back on full active duty again?”
                    A memory of something Jon used to tease her with flashed trough her mind as she looked at Claire, waiting for an answer. ‘Never ask a surgeon if you need surgery when you’re ill. Same goes for most soldiers; never ask if they’re ready to get back on duty…'

Comment

[Hallway]

Julianna nodded to indicate that she was listening to Delen's words about working in the field. She filed the bit of information into the back of her mind for later use, not wanting to comment just yet. Then, with a smile on her face and the hint of a 'tour guide mode' popping in, the doctor showed the Aran woman around the infirmary, pointing out all of the important places like the iso rooms, the recovery room, the MRI and x-ray rooms, and of course the OR, head trauma room, and the med bay. She indicated the SFs outside of the head trauma ward with a nod of her head. "Don't worry about those guys. They aren't usually around. In fact, if all goes well, they'll be gone by tonight." She didn't elaborate further, leaving Delen to fill in the blanks on her own.

Eventually the grand tour of the infirmary lead them back to the staff offices. "And this is where I spend a good 60% of my time on base." She announced entering the room and taking a seat behind her desk.

She logged into the computer, and brought up the current patient files, explaining everything she was doing to Delen so the other woman would be able to understand the process. "We have to keep the patient files as updated constantly. Major bits of data may change several times a day. Vital checks are routinely preformed by nurses and the readings are updated in the electronic files automatically in order to moniter our current patients without having to stand over their shoulder the entire time they're in here." Julianna explained briefly.

She showed Delen where to locate medical histories and update the 'docotor's notes' portion of the files before pausing in her overview of the infirmary's computer system. "I know this is alot of information and you don't have to remember all of it, I'm just trying to give you a general insight into our operations. Do you have any questions so far?" The doctor inquired with a small smile.

NPC – Julianna Steele, MD

**********************************************************

"It's ok, Major. I never should have been away from the counter at all. But we're a little short handed and...." Mary tried to explain, her voice trailing off, as she gave up trying to make excuses for her absence.

"I'm not too busy right now, just restocking supplies." The nurse explained with an embaressed smile, her eyes traveling to the stock she had uncermoniously dropped on the counter. "Anyway, I can go ahead and give you a check-up, but one of the doctors will have to sign off on it before you can officially return to active duty. But if you wanted to go ahead and get startd we can head back to the med bay." She told the other woman honestly with a friendly smile. Artfully reaching behind her, she retrieved the Major's file with ease and flipped open the chart to examine the results from Adria's last checkup.

((PA-Adria had a leg injury, right? Can't remember for sure. PM me if I'm wrong.))
                      Dear Journal
                      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

CMO's Office

"Oh getting zatted isn't the fun part, zatting is fun." she grinned at she got to her feet, but rose an eyebrow at Carrie when she stated about Sharp regretting it, "Zatting me is one thing I tell you he won't regret if I'm annoying him, but even in general sense he won't regret it."

"It hasn't been giving me pain when walking, but I'm still taking care when I'm bending down or taking the stairs." She looked away when Carrie asked about putting her back on active duty, "I'm assigned to the base, the translation labs, till further notice. I'm not on a team for a while, so I don't think it would make that much difference. Unless you beg to differ."

Comment

< The CMO’s office >

Carrie grinned and snorted at the remark about the zating “Same thing as down here then uh? Not very fun to have to be in the receiving end?” and opened the door, motioning for Claire to join her in the hallway.
                          “I’ll get the paperwork done anyway, just so that there won’t be any trouble for you in the future… After all, things have a tendency to change pretty quickly around here, but being assigned to the labs for awhile should do your leg good, just make sure you don’t sit down for too long, allowing your leg to stiffen up too much... It’s usually better to move around as much as the pain allows you. You know, that old boring but, still good, advice to listen to your body…?”

Carrie stopped at the intersection of the hallways leading towards the recovery rooms “So, you want to accompany me to Nat’s room? I’m getting there myself, just too see how things are going before getting back on some more “hands-on” sort of job.”

Comment

Spoiler:
                            <<Kevin Cooper ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>

<<NPC ~ Joshua Samuel McGregor SG Chaplain ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Kevin stared through the woman with horns growing from her head. For a short moment he felt sorry for her. It must be horrible to spend your life and have never had feelings for anyone. Not even enough of a glimmer to learn to feel compassion. His hand gave Brihanna's hand a signal that even if he wasn't there he really was. But then he knew that she knew that he was.

Now it was Josh's blood pressure that began to rise, Where is Corey when I need him? He just may have to drag me out of this place before I hurt someone. A gutteral growl in the form of an "OIY" escaped his pursed lips. If one listened carefully they could hear the grinding of teeth. The red faced Chaplain was a sight to see.

This time it was Kevin who stepped between the Chaplain and 'Nurse Ratched'. He placed a hand on the man's shoulder and quietly murmured, "Its okay Josh. Everything is okay." He gave him a reassuring look. The words 'you are here for your own sake' were still resonating in his brain. Kevin stood tall and confident. He seemed at peace with the current predicament. "She is right, I am here as much for me as I am for Brih. I need to know she is alive, I need to know she will live, I need to know that this event I dragged her through isn't going to be her demise. I need to know for many reasons, at many levels, for my being, for my soul, for my heart. If that makes me a selfish, evil being then so be it. I have no shame in that. I will admit no fault in having feelings, great feelings for another human being. I am certain you will back me when I say that is how GOD wired us."

Kevin left Josh dumbfounded, as his blood pressuse resided back to its level of inhuman calmness. Josh watched the man bewildered as he just bobbed his head up and down like a doll. His eyes made contact with Jennyfer behind the councilman and sensed her amazement in his attitude as well.

Kevin turned back to the frail woman strapped to the bed. He watched the fluids that trinkled in and out of her. Listened to machines that set and reset and recycled themselves as they performed their duty. He made one last gentle run of his fingers through her hair. Slowly dragged them across her cheek and smiled as her long lashes fluttered. Then he barely touched her dried and cracked lips with the tip of his fingers. He looked up to Jennyfer and did not have to wait or request the lip balm. As she attempted to administer it he looked at her with pleading eyes. He removed the container from her hands and lovingly placed the balm on Brih's lips. His giant hands dwarfed her full, plump lips. Yet, as large as they were they moved with a tender, elegant grace. His eyes trailed over her being and his simpered lips portrayed that of a man pleased.

Josh ran his hands through his hair, not sure what to make of this complicated man that had been presented to him. Just when he thought he had the angle another one revealed itself.

Kevin bent over and kissed Brihanna affectionately on the mouth. He pulled away but, before he had strayed too far he gave a final lingering kiss to the forehead.

He looked to Jennyfer, "Can I get some paper and a pen please?" He cocked his head to one side with a look that let her know there was no need to worry. Then he turned to the Chaplain, "Shall we?" As he began to move towards the door. Although his hand seemed to take an eternity to sever its contact with hers.

It was only Josh who noticed the forced gulp in the man's throat as they left the room. Josh had gathered his Bible and notepad. He nodded to Corey as they exited, "You stay here, find me, anything, you understand." They made eye contact and McGregor was sure he knew the drill.

Spoiler:
                            [Recovery 1 -> Staff Lounge-Nurse Jennyfer Santiago]

Jennyfer led the way to the staff lounge in silence. She was content to simply let Josh and Kevin talk to one another during the short walk. The chaplain's reaction had suprised her, and she honestly didn't know how to take it. Just when she was getting use to dealing with the councilman, and counting on the chaplain to back her up. She smiled at Mary as they passed the younger nurse in the hall. They had never really been close friends, but after finding out everything that happened with Steven, she had to sympathize with the other woman.

Opening the door to the staff lounge, Jennyfer indicated the center table. "So, any preferences on what you want for diner?" She asked casually.

<<Kevin Cooper ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>

<<NPC ~ Joshua Samuel McGregor SG Chaplain ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Kevin moved ahead of Josh down the hall, not awaiting his short chat with his aide. Running his fingers through his lush black hair it fell boyishly back down around his face. He held himself to his full stature, taking paced, assured strides as to not outpace the nurse before him. His mind no longer raced but had found its place of peace, secure in the decision he had come to. He felt the presence of the chaplain as he fell in stride. He looked to him and gave him one of his political smiles. The one that gave you that 'all is well with the world feeling'.

Josh returned the look nonplused. With every layer of the onion that he peeled away he found something new and different and engaging. Not sure if it was a good or bad thing. The two men made their way to the room indicated by Jennyfer without a word between them.

As they assembled in the small room Josh realized he had no desire to eat. He looked up to the man indicating it was his choice.

Cooper continued to smile with an inner peace that jostled Josh a little. "I notice you have a notepad with you. Do you have some paper to spare and a pen?" The cerulean eyes did not betray the intent behind the request. He awaited patiently for the chaplain's response.

Josh replied, "Aye, take what you need." He trustingly handed over his precious notepad. If Kevin only understood what this gesture indicated. Josh's notepad contained all of his thoughts, prayers requested, prayers answered, it was his written outlet. If Corey had been witness to the exchange he probably would have taken Cooper down by instinct. Next to Josh's Bible it was his most treasured possession. McGregor looked intently upon the man, "Cooper, are you okay? I know this seems like a major setback but, I am sure I can talk to Blue to get this corrected." Josh didn't make eye contact with Jennyfer. He could already feel her look of admonishment.

Kevin had found his place at the table and had taken pen to paper. He did not look up when he informed Josh that that really wouldn't be necessary. He just continued intently placing his soul on the small white rectangle before him.

McGregor now turned his attention to Jennyfer wondering if she was as perplexed as he was. "As far as the food goes, what do you recommend?"

They started to review their options as Kevin completed his message, slowly folded the paper and inscribed a single word on the outside. He brought the paper to his mouth and slowly brushed his lips over it. His actions caused McGregor to discontinue his conversation and stand watching the councilman inquisitively. For a few moments the room hung silent as Kevin appeared lost in his thoughts.

As Cooper returned to the room he looked up and smiled at the two people in the room with him. "For my food, can you make it a bag lunch? One for the road.?" He stretched a little and made his way back to his feet. Slowly extending his arm he carefully placed the paper in her hands. "Make sure it is delivered at the moment you deem right." Then in a most matter of fact manner, as if it was any other day at the office, "Can we find someone to escort me to the General's office?"
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[Staff Lounge-Nurse Jennyfer Santiago]

Jennyfer noted what she believed to be an obviously fake smile on the councilman's face as he and Josh exchanged a few words, resulting in the Chaplain handing his notebook over to Cooper. The nurse was only mildly suprised at the man's genoristy toward Kevin. The notebook was important to the chaplain, she knew that. But she also knew that helping other people however he could was just as important, if not more important to him. What shocked her, and almost made her speak up in protest was his declaration to try and talk Blue into overruling Gloria's decision. Josh knew just as well as anyone that the General would defer to the CMO, and that Gus would support any choices made by the head nurse, unless he had a good reason not to.

Jennyfer narrowed her eyes at the back of Cooper's head as he sat down and started to scribble on the pad of paper. She suspected that he was up to something. The action was toatally out of character for what she had witnessed of the man up to that point.

Blinking a few times, she focused on the Chaplain's question. "I've always liked the egg sandwiches, and the freash salads, if you don't mind the purple carrots that is. And they just got in a shipment of fruit from Riverton that's really good, especially those things that look like a cross between a pineapple and a mango." The nurse offered her opinions.

Jennyfer followed the direction of Josh's gaze to where Cooper was tightly folding up the piece of paper that he had been writing on just moments before. The nurse was extemely puzzled by the actions, and wanted to ask the councilman to explain them, but kept silent after seeing the look on his face.

The young woman felt her mouth slowly start to come open in a look of suprise when Cooper finally spoke to her. "But...." She started to speak unsuccessfully, then swallowed and started again. "Mr. Cooper, I can't let you give blood until after you've eaten something, and I thought that was something important to you."

She felt the note slip into her fingers, and her jaw dropped a second time. He left a note. That implied one of two things. Either he writes better than he speaks, which she found hard to believe. Or he wasn't going to be around to speak the words. She nodded her understanding of his instructions, and snapped her mouth closed without saying a word.

When the request came to be taken to the General, Jennyfer couldn't stand the uncharacteristic change in behavior any longer. She crossed her arms over her chest, catching the neatly folded note between her right hand and left upper arm, and put on a no-nonsense face. "Mr. Cooper, what is going on here? Do you really mean to leave? NOW!? After you gave Gloria such a hard time, and while Brih's still unconcious? I find that really hard to believe." She sighed, and forced herself to relax. "I can call an SF to take you to the General, but he's probably busy, and you might have a long wait before you can get in to see him. You might as well eat here in the mean time. I wouldn't feel right if I sent you off on your own, hungry, and....and unfulled." She tilted her head to indicate the direction of the recovery rooms and Brih's temporary home. "Please. Just tell me what's going on. I'm worried about you." Jennyfer's words were so quiet, they were almost whispers in the air.
                              Dear Journal

Comment

CMO's Office

Claire nodded a Carrie when she said about the paper work getting done, "Sure thing," she replied, as she walked out of the office, and into the hallway.

Smiling Davis agreed, "I like that. Do you mind if I make a quick trip to the lounge and be back ASAP?" she asked. Between Sharp and her, there had been some progress made. Maybe due in time, he could become her assistant, that thought nearly made her laugh. He was after all a higher ranking officer and her CO. Umm, yea he was likely to zat her then.

Comment

Working...
                                X