Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
    "He went that way," Sarah pointed down the corridor she had watched Zack limp down, "He can't have gotten far."

Waiting Room

Kim grinned at Sarah's reply, "I guess you might need some help in hunting down your patient then," she looked at Carrie. Giving a hunched shoulders, "Unless of course you prefer we keep out of your way." Taking a seat she waited for the Doc to make her choice. Knowing it was dinner time her stomach grumbled.

Comment

< Hallway outside Iso rooms >

Tim took a deep breath and tossed his hands out “Fine then! Just don’t blame me if you go face first in the ground…” and put the wheel chair back towards the wall. ‘That stupid little ¤%&/,#¤ I just hope he doesn’t keel over, ‘cause if he does; then I’m in for a dress down in Aaronson’s office… Might be worth it though… Maybe that’ll make him more prone to accept help the next time he’s in need’

“Like I said, you’ll have to talk to Dr Svensson about that. She’s the one in charge of Miss Simmons so she’ll be the on to tell you if or when you can see her, okay?” Tim took one step closer to Black and put a hand on his uninjured arm, pointing at the doors towards the waiting area with the other.
      “Come on; let’s get you to the Doc…”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[Dr. Ezekiel- Staff Lounge]

Rachael stood up and looked around the room; she saw the coffee pot and smiled. She walked over and poured a large glass of it. Took a sip than looked at her watch, she noticed it was almost dinner time, ‘I wonder if John is back from his training mission yet?’

She than felt a wonderful feeling inside of her, and decided to go and see if Dr. Aaronson was in his office. She knew that Natasha was awake and wanted to at least see her before she left completely to get something to eat. Perhaps she could get them both dinner and they could eat together.

She walked out of the room and down the hall to Dr. Aaronson office, than knocked on the door than noticed the light was still off. “He must still be with Natasha, well I will leave him a note.”

She looked pulled out of her back pocket a small note pad.

Spoiler:
        Dr. Aaronson

Please let me know when I can visit Captain Bystronski, at the earliest time. And if possible please keep me informed on her condition. I know she is awake now.

Thanks

Dr. Rachael Ezekiel

She put the note onto his door, and than walked off to the elevator headed to the mess hall. She closed her eyes feeling like such a weight was off of her shoulders, especially knowing that Natasha was alright.

<To Mess hall>

sigpic
        Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
          [Staff Lounge-Nurse Jennyfer Santiago]

Jennyfer felt her jaw drop as the councilman listed out his arguments against her. His voice wasn't cold necessarily, and surely he didn't mean to hurt her. Then again, she probably deserved some of what he saying. But surely not all of it. She felt like a private being given a public dressing down by a Colonel for speaking out of turn. At least until the last two items on Cooper's list. The nurse felt herself grow even more angry with the man. The gall of him to actually suggest such a thing! Was he flirting with her? She never....and then to ask about food on top of everything else!

Giving herself an extra minute to calm down, Jennyfer settled for the path of least resistence, her voice quiet, but unwavering. "You haven't been lied to. We are as good as our reputation, Mr. Cooper. But for all of our work, our cares, our time, it never feels like enough. We can make a patient comfortable for a few days while they're in here, but when they leave, we can't keep up with all of them all the time. They need others to do that, teammates, friends. Because, unlike Brihanna, I am not Superwoman. I apologize if I was out of line with you. I know you'll be there, as her boss, and hopefully as a friend, when she's able to return to Foreston. But I've seen it too many times, when a patient without visitors returns to a life without friends." A small pool of water bubbled up in one corner of Jennyfer's eye, but she managed to blink it quickly away.

She took a deep breath, and smiled at the man across from her. "As for my beauty and my origin, with all respect, councilman, I don't see how that's any of your business. But for the record, I'm not Latina, I'm Venezuelan. There's a difference. It's one you should look up some time." Her Spainish accent was obvious as she said the words Latina and Venezuelan implying a language well learned and practiced, that could come out whenever the time was right. Normally, she spoke without an accent, but it was native words like these that brought it out.

[Airman Brinkley-NPC]

"Hey, Jenny, I thought I heard your voice." The airman said with a smile as he brought the food into the staff lounge as ordered earlier. "Let's see here, two pastas, and an egg sandwich to go." He read off the contents of the tray, as he sat it down on the table between the two occupants.

Jennyfer smiled at the airman's use of the affectionate nickname. He wasn't the only one who called her Jenny, but he was one of the few who could get away with it. He had gotten rather close to her after being seriously wounded by a staff blast during Zeus' attack on the base. "Thanks, Todd." The nurse said addressing the man by his first name. Then she turned back to Cooper. "Looks like your 'grub' has finally arrived."

The airman totally missed any lingering attention in the room. "Hey, now this food ain't half bad." He challenged the unfamiliar man. Before turning to leave, he flashed the nurse a brillant smile. "Oh, by the way, Jenny, some guy's waiting out front to see to a Bystronski. Looked like he'd been there awhile. Figured I'd let you know, just in case."

Jennyfer sighed briefly knowing that under Gus's orders she couldn't leave the councilman alone unless there was an emergency. "Do me a favor, Todd, and try to find one of the docs to let him back for a visit. Wasn't there anyone at the nurse's station?" As she spoke, she tried to subtly shift her eyes in Cooper's direction, hoping the airman would get the message that she was on babysitting duty.

Unfortunately, Brinkley misinterpreted the action to mean that she was on a lunch break with the strange man and didn't want to give up that precious time. His happy expression faded, and he nodded to himself, thinking it was the nurse's way of rejecting him. "Oh, uh....Well, I see...I'll do what I can. And, no, there wasn't anyone there. Figure y'all have been kind of busy. I'll see you later, Jenny." With that the airman was gone.

Almost as soon as Brinkley stepped into the hallway, he was met with one of the nurses, Sam, carrying a set of scrubs toward what he remembered to the recovery rooms. "Hey, Sam, wait up a sec!" He called to the male nurse. "I was bringing up some food for Jennyfer and her date and ran across a guy in the waiting area. No one was at the nurse's station, but the guy's here to see a Bystronski. Just thought I'd pass the message along."

<<Kevin Cooper ~~ Visitor's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Cooper continued to relax back into his chair. It rocked only two legs on the ground. He continued to smirk, admiring the woman's fire. He gloated over acquiring just the reaction he had desired from her. He was tired of this whole Brihanna conversation so he just blew it off without a response.

The arrival of the airman came as a nice comic relief. It became more interesting when it was obviouos there was a little something between the two of them. "Of that I am very sure." Was his reply to the airman's comment on the quality of the 'grub'. His tone full of sarcasm.

He watched Jennyfer as she squirmed trying to explain the reality of why she was alone in this place with this man. He had no intention of making it any easier for her. "Come on Jenny, the food is getting cold." His emphasis on Jenny was obvious. He smiled at the airman, "Thank you airman, I am sure someone out front can handle it. Be a good lad and see what you can do."

Cooper watched as the young man exited. "Your boyfriend? I must admit I was beginning to think there was something between you and the chaplain. I guess I was mistaken." He continued to rock in his seat and awaited her to serve him his meal.

((sry JM ... Cooper hasn't been coming to me lately!!!))
          Last edited by aintright; 29 September 2008, 06:43 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

<<Zach Black ~~ Infirmary>>

Zach was grateful the man wasn't going to make him ride in the freakshow buggy. "Thanks Tim, I promise not to make you have to pick me up or carry me." He took a deep breath and willed himself in the direction indicated. "I am sorry, I don't mean to give you a hard time. But, I do actually feel better. Not too sure what I did back there in the hall." Whatever he did. It actually did feel better.

He thought he recognized the man from the helicopter. "Weren't you in Foreston this morning? Here you are still at it. You must be exhausted." Black felt a bit quilty for having tested the man. As they made their way through the door though his guilt subsided as he saw Kim sitting in his seat. He knew she would box his ears for his disappearing act. Black leaned closer to Foster and stated, "If you can protect me from that one," his nod indicated Ashwood. "Then I will be good even when you want to poke me with needles. I won't even attempt to pump you for patient information or visitation rights." His endearing smile was back and joined by a laugh.

sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Ryn View Post
              "I've only just joined up with this base," Ryn replied. "Am new recruit. Guess I'm not making a good impression on my first week. Oh well, can't do anything about that now; gotta look ahead and deal with stuff ...."

Then the doctor started talking about what would happen next. Ryn listened attentively, wanting to know. She couldn't really go against any of the procedures, so just nodded and let her do her stuff.
              "Okay. Guess I thought you were gonna stitch me up right now. Thought that's why Sergeant Foster called you up here. I don't care, really... Just as long as I can sleep, that's fine." She sighed, and gave a weak smile. The stress of everything was busy catching up with her. Sling ? I ain't wearing no sling, that's fer *darned* sure!

<<Suji Kinagi -- Vet -- Infirmary>>

"Well it seems one could say we haven't given you the warmest of welcomes. We will however attempt to get you back together quickly." She searched the woman's face, the bruising on it did not appear to be what one would find as the result of her encounter. She reviewed the chart once more for any indication of the cause of the bruising. She didn't want to probe the poor woman any further. She would track down Timothy to see if he had any further answers.

"Ryn, please, just lay down and relax. We may do stitches, we may not. What is more important right now is to determine whether your lacerations have infection in them. If they have been infected then we want to be able to treat the wounds and prevent its spread. Stitching the wounds could just propagate the infection by giving it an ideal breeding grounds. Neither of us want that." Kinagi made direct eye contact with the woman. "So lay back and relax while I step out to acquire a few things. I will be back real soon. She laid her hand on the woman's, "You are the best at what you do. We are the best at what we do. So sleep, it will cause you to heal even quicker."

Suji gave her look of confidence in her last statement and then excused herself from the room.

((ok medical people ... feel free to fix me if i got it wrong!! ~~ and i know ~~ hijacked the thread!! sue me!!))
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

< Waiting area >

Tim rubbed his face and took another deep breath before looking back at Black with a chuckle, “Tired; yes no doubt about that, exhausted, umm, no, not yet…and yeah, I was one of the guys that picked up Miss Simmons… Amazing how fast one can actually get there when needed.”
                He looked towards the couches as they went through the doors and gave Black a sad smile. “Sorry, no can do. She’s a major, I’m an enlisted, so you’re on your own with that one.”

“No need to call for a search party,” Carrie made a motion with her chin towards the doors, “looks like Tim found him. You can stay here if you’d like; both of you. I know how tight most of the teams are. Might take a while though; have a look at the shoulder, have an x-ray and so on…”

Tim nodded towards the major when he approached them, adding a “Ma’am” before turning at Carrie
                “One reluctant, defiant and obviously hurt Zachary Black delivered. One of yours doc?” pointing with his thumb over his shoulder towards Black.

Carrie leaned to the side to have a look passed Tim for her self. “Looks like the guy I want to see, yes…” then looked back at Foster, giving him a scrutinizing look, “Umm, how long have you been on duty? You sound a bit… tired?”

Tim slipped a sigh, “I am, sort of… Look, do you think you can handle him yourself or do you need my help?”
                “I’ll be fine. Thank you, I’ve kept you occupied for longer then expected, so get out of here will you? Please?” Carrie grinned and made a shooing motion towards him and started to walk over to Zack, but then turned towards Tim again. “Oh, by the way, how’s Ryn doing? Did you manage to get those wounds clean?”

“Yes, I did as much as I could, I think I used up about 2000 ml of saline in the process…” ’Here goes then’ “You were kind of busy back then, so I asked Dr Kinagi to have a look at her. Didn’t really know when you’d be out of there…”
                Carrie raised an eyebrow “Kinagi?” and then shrugged “Okay, I’ll stop by and see how she’s doing then. So, once again, thanks for the help Tim, now shoo…” and then turned towards Zack.
                “So, what happened to you Zack, close encounter of the third degree with… umm what?”

Comment

<Med Bay>

Originally posted by aintright View Post

Spoiler:

"Well it seems one could say we haven't given you the warmest of welcomes. We will however attempt to get you back together quickly." She searched the woman's face, the bruising on it did not appear to be what one would find as the result of her encounter. She reviewed the chart once more for any indication of the cause of the bruising. She didn't want to probe the poor woman any further. She would track down Timothy to see if he had any further answers.

"Ryn, please, just lay down and relax. We may do stitches, we may not. What is more important right now is to determine whether your lacerations have infection in them. If they have been infected then we want to be able to treat the wounds and prevent its spread. Stitching the wounds could just propagate the infection by giving it an ideal breeding grounds. Neither of us want that." Kinagi made direct eye contact with the woman. "So lay back and relax while I step out to acquire a few things. I will be back real soon. She laid her hand on the woman's, "You are the best at what you do. We are the best at what we do. So sleep, it will cause you to heal even quicker."

Suji gave her look of confidence in her last statement and then excused herself from the room.

Ryn forced herself to relax, by taking a deep breath. It didn't help the nerves any. When had those started up?! She wasn't normally one to get the jitters like this. Maybe it was just a case of the adrenaline and stuff from the fight, and the demotion!, catching up...
                  It didn't help that the doctor was scrutinizing her still bruised face, either. Oh no. I am so NOT going to mention that barfight...

"Guess everything is just crashing down on me at once ... a lot to deal with. Thanks, doc. I uh.... will rest."

She smiled at the doctor, and watched her leave the room. Ryn swallowed a lump away - don't start crying now .... - and tried to get some sleep or just to rest. All she could do now, was wait until the doctor returned. Ryn briefly wondered if Foster had managed to locate and inform Kym Tyler yet, then shrugged. Time would tell. Rest now. Rest. And she took another deep, calming breath, relaxed into the bed as much as she could, and closed her eyes to sleep.

Comment

Tim nodded an acknowledgment to all involved parties and started to move towards the elevators, but then suddenly remembered something and turned on his heals and walked inside the Med bay, back to Ryn’s bed.
                    ‘Resting uh? Oh well…’ he thought as he saw the woman in the bed.
                    “Ryn? You awake?” he said in a quiet voice, thinking that if she really was asleep he wouldn’t wake her and he'll just have to come back later, if she was only resting, well...

Last edited by Northern Girl; 27 September 2008, 11:11 AM. Reason: too fast with my proofreading:o

Comment

Half in dreamland, half awake, Ryn opened one eye, and mumbled something as she closed it again. "Lemmeleep..."

Comment

Waiting area

Seeing Zack coming back, Kim rolled her eyes. His little disappearing act was going to cost him and perhaps a clipped ear as well. Giving Tim a nod, "Since my service aren't required for hunting him down," Kim got her feet, "I guess I'll grab dinner and return when your done with him. Which also would keep SG-1 out of your way."

Kim gave a nod at Foster's way, "Sergeant" she acknowledged, then looked at Black standing behind him with a meaningful gaze, then back at Tim, "Thank you for finding him."

She let the sarge and Carrie interact, and looked at the doc, when the woman addressed Black, smirking, "I'll be out of you way," she confirmed, "just gimme a buzz when your done patching him up." Then she turned gestured to Whitely to join her if wanted then pressed the elevator button, hearing the ding she stepped in, poking the level two to button she watched the doors close.

<<To Mess Hall>>

Comment

< Med bay >

Tim shook his head and chuckled quietly at the muffled sounds that came back, ‘She’s even more out of it then I thought. Guess the pain killers and with the combination of the stress during these last couple of hours got the better out of her. I’ll just have to come back laters…’ and after a final look he headed for the Med bay doors.

Comment

(( *says totally uncomplimentary and unprintable things about the cable company* ))

<< from Liguistics Lab via Quarters >>

Concerned at what she would find, Kym entered the Infirmary and approached the nurses' station in the waiting area. There didn't seem to be anyone assigned but, there were other people nearby. "Hello," she said tentatively, "Umm, can anyone give me some information, please? Sergeant Foster called me down here."
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Kinagi headed to the nurses station hoping to find someone who could get together the items she needed to proceed. She also needed to track Carrie or Gus down to get a second opnion. When she read that this being was from another reality she began to have a small discussion with herself. What was Foster thinking? It is bad enough when they ask me to treat humans, but alternate reality beings. Well I guess when you think of it, maybe it is more in my line. I am an expert in foriegn creatures. I guess she would fall more into that category than just plain old homo sapiens.

Her thought process was disturbed by an individual making a whoever may respond to me inquiry at the desk. "Hello Captain," she noted the rank on the woman's uniform. "Is there something we can do to assist you?" She had to laugh at how preposterous that statement was. What would she be able to do to help. Other than track down help.

((i think Kym is a captain ~~ was too lazy to look! d'oh ^ siggy!!))
                              Last edited by aintright; 28 September 2008, 06:16 PM.
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

<<Zach Black ~~ Infirmary>>

Spoiler:
                                He looked towards the couches as they went through the doors and gave Black a sad smile. “Sorry, no can do. She’s a major, I’m an enlisted, so you’re on your own with that one.”

"Oh pulling the rank thing on me eh?" Black's tone was kidding, "Come on you are medical, I thought that outranked anything. No worries she is only ten times worse than she looks." He laughed even more as Foster did the ma'am thing.

Spoiler:
                                [quote]Carrie leaned to the side to have a look passed Tim for her self. “Looks like the guy I want to see, yes…” {/quote]

Zach caught a glimpse of Carrie and then dodged his head to the other side of Foster's. Then it came back again, "Hiya Doc!" He raised an eyebrow and attempted to act as though he was just fine. Until he caught Ashwood's gaze, his head jerked back slightly and he gave a small 'eek' look. He turned to Whitley and his eyes widened as he mouthed "Help!" Watching as Kim headed to the elevator, "Yes, Go, Eat! Don't worry about me. Really, I will be fine." His voice rose as she distanced herself.

Spoiler:
                                “So, what happened to you Zack, close encounter of the third degree with… umm what?”

"Something like that. There was this wall, it decided to get in my way." He looked down at his shoulder and back to Carrie, "I guess you could say it won." He smiled at her and awaited the next step. He just wanted it to be over and hoped they didn't get a call to a mission too soon. Sharp, worse Kim, would have his head for his foolishness.

sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X