Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

< Recovery 2 -> Recovery 1 -> Waiting area >

Carrie just stood there, listening. Not really sure of what to make of it all. It was one thing theorizing about the possibility that Nat was a telepath… and an Ancient.
    Something completely different to actually have it in black and white in front of her, more or less having the truth shoved in her face like this.
    It was one thing to emotionally detach oneself when standing in a life-or-death situation; you did what you had to do, you got in to action and saved the life. They’ve all worked to get her back, and she had no regrets for doing so, that was what she did for a living, what she was good at. That was what she’d done for Bisenti last night…

Yes, she was scared; no reason of hiding it, Nat had just stated that she more or less could read minds, right? And that it actually was a part of her who was responsible for the attack on Bisenti. She did think he deserve some kind of punishment; that was not the issue, but being attacked by a psychic... and nearly killed?
    She shuddered a little and swallowed hard as she continued to listen as her patient tried to explain what had happened during her “coma”. Part of her wanted to run away; part of wanted to stay and know more…
    ‘Guess I not so different when it really comes down it.’

She heard Gus voice in a distance, stating something about them always being there for Nat, and deep down she knew he was right, she would be there if needed, but as it was now she felt a need to get out of the room, to get back to some normalcy as it was now days.
    Carrie offered Nat a smile, hoping but knowing that the woman saw right through her, ‘I’ll cross that bridge later…’
    “Nat, I’ll stop by and see you later” and then turned towards Gus and Delen, “I’ll be in the Med bay if you need me,” before getting out in the hallway, stumbling on Sam as he came back from retrieving the clothes for Nat.
    “Sorry Sam, you ok?”
    He gave her a grin, “I’m fine, we really need to stop seeing each other like this, tumbling in to each other every now and then... Look there’s a guy sitting in the waiting room, wanting to pay the captain a visit. Can you go and talk to him? He’s been there for awhile now.”
    Carrie slipped a sigh, “Yeah, I’ll do that as soon as I’ve checked on Brihanna. Thanks for letting me know, see you later Sam”

She walked over to the door to Recovery 1 and stopped next too it for a few seconds, took a deep breath and rubbed her face with her palms, then gave the door a soft knock and stepped in.
    Gloria gave her a nod of acknowledgment as she walked up and stood beside the head nurse.
    “I see you got rid of Cooper? How did you do that?”
    Gloria winked and handed Carrie the chart, “Trick of the trade?”
    Carrie raised an eye brow and read the latest readings, 'Looks good so far' “It had to be...” she mumbled, grabbed the pen and scribbled down some orders before handing it back, “Let’s see what she says if we start cutting back on the drugs, I’d prefer to have her off the ventilator by the evening. I’ll be in the Med bay, okay?”
    “Sure, I’ll get back to you as soon as she starts to come to.”
    “Thanks… bye.” ‘Right, waiting area next then.’

Carrie took the long route pass the Iso rooms to get a set of scrubs and some equipment for taking care of Ryn’s wounds in the closets in the hallway before entering the waiting area and approached the man fiddling with a guitar, apparently the same man that had previously knocked on the CMO’s door during their meeting.
    “Hi, I’m Doctor Carrie Svensson, you wanted to see captain Bystronsky, right? May I ask who you are?”

((OOC:...and that was my 2K post... ))

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Liam looked up as the woman approached him and got respectfully to his feet. "Lt. Liam Harris, and yes, I would like to see Natasha, if that's possible of course."
      Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
      SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

< Waiting room >

Carrie offered him a smile, “Sure, I’m sorry you had to wait for so long, but we had a bit of a crisis here. How do you know Nat? Close friend? Colleague? I mean like in the same team or something?”
        They had agreed on letting her have visitors on the meeting, but to let someone in to see one of the patients without knowing more then a name… Well, not going to happen.

Comment

<<Suji Kinagi -- Vet -- Infirmary>>

Suji took a small step back as she watched the woman's reaction. She turned her look calmly to Timothy. "Was she possibly bitten by the creature? Could she be having a toxic reaction, hallucinations?" Her voice was calm and steady as she watched him take control of the woman.

"Interesting, I never suspected the Tiger Deer to be venemous. But, then of course with those fangs. A perfect form of disbursing ... " Her voice trailed off when she remebered the Sergeant's desire for her to appear more as a human doctor.

She gave the woman a warm friendly smile when addressed. "My name is Suji Kinagi. I am part of the medical staff here on the base. Dr. Suji Kinagi that is." Her eyes gave a small shift to Foster and then back to the woman. "I don't believe we have had the pleasure. I understand you have some wounds that need tending to." She continued to speak in a pleasant and reassuring manner. She staid her position not wanting to make the woman feel any further threatened.
          Last edited by aintright; 21 September 2008, 07:26 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
            < Waiting room >

Carrie offered him a smile, “Sure, I’m sorry you had to wait for so long, but we had a bit of a crisis here. How do you know Nat? Close friend? Colleague? I mean like in the same team or something?”
            They had agreed on letting her have visitors on the meeting, but to let someone in to see one of the patients without knowing more then a name… Well, not going to happen.

"Yeah." Liam replied. "We served on SG8 together and we'd also hang out in the lounge and play music together when we actually had any spare time."
            SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Med Bay]

By the time Kinagi had finished speaking, Ryn had calmed down enough to look at the other doctor squarely. Once again her true, cocky self.

"Hi, doc. Nice to meet ya. I'm Ryn Chikozu. Formerly Gunnery Sergeant, now Senior Airman. Don't ask." She rolled her eyes a little, and made a few dismissive motions, then continued seriously.

"Okay. The reason I freaked out. I'm from another reality. Where I'm from, everything's the same, yet different. You, for example. Where I'm from, you're the coroner. That's how I recognised ya, and well ... it's why I freaked. Sorry about that, by the way. But I'm over it, if you are."

She had heard the doctor's questions to Tim as well, and did her best to answer and give additional info.

"I wasn't bitten by that beast. I zatted it twice, but it jumped on me and dug with its claws in my shoulders and upper arms as you can see. I managed to get it off of me. Took forever, cuz it was heavy. So I may have strained a muscle or two as well. It hurts like a sunova***, but I'm not complaining.".

Ryn knew she was behaving a little too confident and too self-assured, even through all the pain. Maybe this doctor would think of her as some kind of egoistical person, even. Oh well. Nothing she could do about that, now.
              Ryn swallowed slightly, somehow-but-not-quite hoping they would see through the front she put up and know it was a form of self-defence. Nothing scared her more than a doc working on her, stitching her up, *while she was awake*. Her stomach turned at the thought.
              Needles, she could live with those. They only took five seconds tops and didn't hurt at all. But needle AND thread ... now that combo was a little *out there*. You'll get through this, she told herself. You always have, before.

((no bites, and no venomous stuff either - just some stitches. ))

Comment

((OOC: psst location tags people; Ainty: we've moved ... D4D: add a location tag to your posts ))

< Med bay >

Tim slipped a sigh of relief and slowly let go of Ryn as she started to relax and come to her senses again.
                ‘Coroner uh? Yeah who wouldn’t be at least a little freaked out by that idea…’

“She’s right, no bite marks, just from the claws. The worst ones are those on her left shoulder, the ones on her right shoulder and upper isn’t that deep,” Tim reported as he handed over Ryn’s very briefly filled chart, “I gave her something for the pain up in the hangar bay, thinks she needs a refill now though; and then when we came down here I cleaned them up… So if you don’t need me any more Dr Kinagi, I’ll go and try and hunt down her team mate as per requested. You two okay with that?”
                He looked between the two women, one very calm vet, ‘Thank God she took the hint!’ and one slightly jumpy, but at least not panicking Airman.

Comment

< Waiting room >

“Oh, okay then, well you obviously know the way to the CMO’s office,” She pointed towards the ISO room corridor, “If you come from this way it’s down the hall, turn first left, pass his room, first corridor to the right, second door on the left. You’ll probably find Dr Aaronson in her room.”
                  She remembered the way Gus had reacted when the lieutenant had knocked on the door earlier and added, “Just tell them I sent you and I think that’ll be enough for them to let you in, Just please knock before entering ok?”

Comment

"Will do." Liam promised as he got his guitar bundled into it's case. Making his way down the corridor she mentioned, he found the door. Switching his case to his right hand nervously, he took a second to breathe deeply before knocking.

<to Recovery 2>
                    SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

< Waiting room -> Nurses station >

“Bye!” Carrie watched the retreating back of Liam, slipped a tired sigh and walked over to the nurses station, placed the supplies on the counter and then continued to the staff bathroom to change in to some blue scrubs, having a feeling that this was only the beginning of a long evening.

A couple of minutes later she was back at the nurses’ station, grabbed a purple fruit from the dish on the counter and then slumped down in front of the computer once again to continue her catching up on Ryn’s files.

Comment

"Coroner, well I have been adressed by many titles around here," She raised her eyebrows as she gave Foster a glance, "however, Coroner isn't one of them." She made direct eye contact with the now much more reasonable redhead before her.

She approached the patient, "May I?" she inquired as she made way to undress the wounds. Wanting to make sure that the airman had bought into her real world position as a *cough* doctor of sorts before proceeding. Kinagi listened carefully to Timothy's explanation as she awaited the woman's affirmation. Taking the chart from him she glanced over his brief notes. "If she is still in pain Timothy then I don't see the harm in letting her have a small additional dose. Can you take care of that before you leave us?" Her melodic voice lulled one into a trance of confidence.

((ok, as far as i go atm! i am so not a doctor or medical person of any sort ~ i don't do that icky yucky stuff ... so will consult with the expert and return once we can connect))
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

<<From Lounge>>

Waiting Room --> Nurse's Station

They arrived quietly into the infirmary, not much had been said between the three of them since they all were dealing with the aftermath of Davis's leaving, in their own way. Arriving in the waiting room, "How about you take a seat and I'll go and see if I can get Gus to take a look at that arm."

Seeing him sit, Kim made her way to nurse's station, surprised at finding Carrie there, the Major smiled at the doctor, it looked like Gus wasn't free for the moment, "Hi," she greeting Carrie, "Uh....It seems that Doctor Black has injured his arm. It look dislocated, but can't really tell. How he got it I have no idea."

Comment

< Med bay >

“Yes, of course I can do that.” Tim offered Ryn a smile and walked away to the drug cabinet in the corner of the Med bay and retrieved the requested amount of the drug.
                            “There you go,” he said when he returned and injected it in to the IV line. “This will take the edge of things for you. You’ll feel a bit drowsy in a few moments, but you won’t fall asleep so you'll be able to talk to the Doc the whole time if you want to”
                            He made some notes on the chart and then looked back up at Kinagi. “If that’s all then Doc…?”

Comment

<<Zach Black ~~ Infirmary>>

Stepping out of the elevator Zach squirmed trying to move his arm. He really didn't want to be here. He wanted to find that pretty little neck and deal with it. He eyed Sarah, "You okay? You haven't said much." His inquiry was hushed. She was always the quiet one that you had to drag things out of.

He drew in a deep breath as he watched Ashwood. In her usual manner, the bossy female. He often wondered who was in charge, her or the Colonel. He gave an internal snicker, she would have his good arm for that thought. He knew he and everyone on the team would be sunk without her.

He feigned sitting down as she was off looking for a doctor. Turning to Sarah, "I will be right back, I need to, well." He gave his most charming of grins and left it vague hoping she would think anything but, what he was really up to.

With that he slipped down the hall to find someone, anyone who could let him know how Brihanna was doing. Please just tell me she is still alive. Sharp was only exaggerating. She had to be alive. He almost hated himself for his current feelings. He certainly hated her for them. He could always blame Claire, she was so dang stubborn.

Last edited by aintright; 23 September 2008, 07:42 PM.
                              sigpic
                              SCORE!!

Comment

"Thank you for your help Timothy. If I need any further assistance I will flag down a nurse." She watched as he left the room.

Turning to the young woman. Kinagi began to slowly unwrap the wound. "Is that medicine starting to help with the pain any?" She continued to speak in her calm, reassuring voice. "So tell me in more detail what exactly happened?" Her inquiry was more to satisfy her desire to learn of the elusive animal. However, it also served to calm the patient while she worked.

The wounds were quite severe. She retrieved the cleaning solution from the tray that Foster had set up for her. She queried further as she completed her examination. "Did you say you zatted it twice? Two solid hits? She noticed some marks that appeared different from the others. Are you sure it didn't bite you?"
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X