This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody.
    I'm a new member from Sydney, Australia. Been a 'Gate' fan since the begining. And being new to the net, I think I might have died and gone to heaven in finding this forum. Found another, but I din't think I'll stay there...it's more about arguing all the pro's and con's of all the Stargate franchise, than the one thing we're all passionate about, just good discussion and friendly chat of our favourite shows. Nice to be here.
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Hi puddlejumperOZ, welcome to Gateworld
      Todd: There is much about wraith that you do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen_Ancient View Post
        Hiya guys!
        My name is Jessie. I'm 15 years old and from New Zealand. I love stargate and been watching it since I was 8. I love both SG-1 and Atlantis. Not really sure what to say here ... but I hope to see you guys around on the forums.
        Hello, and welcome to the forum! I'm 15, too. Oh, and I love your username!

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
        Hello everybody.
        I'm a new member from Sydney, Australia. Been a 'Gate' fan since the begining. And being new to the net, I think I might have died and gone to heaven in finding this forum. Found another, but I din't think I'll stay there...it's more about arguing all the pro's and con's of all the Stargate franchise, than the one thing we're all passionate about, just good discussion and friendly chat of our favourite shows. Nice to be here.
        Welcome! Always nice to see new members!

Comment

Thankyou, see you on the forum's

Comment

Ahh! I feel slightly overwhelmed at looking at all the activity of this site! Hey, I'm Angela and I've been a fan of Stargate for a few years now. I'm still a senior in high school and I try to watch episodes in my spare time. After reading and writing (but mostly reading!) Stargate fanfiction over at fanfiction.net for years, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about at GateWorld. And, lo and behold, I find a place where I can finally talk about my Stargate interests. Now I'm rambling...

Anyway, I'm a 'shipper. That part of me will never change. And with that, neither will my love for Sparky and other pairings. Um... so yeah. I would love to get to know all of you better.
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Hi Angela, welcome to Gateworld.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                My name is Mechelle and I just joined this site. I love Stargate Atlantis and SG1. Looking forward to having a lot of fun here. I love all the pictures and discussions I've seen here as a guest, and decided to give this a try!!

Comment

Originally posted by mechi View Post
                  Hi everyone,
                  My name is Mechelle and I just joined this site. I love Stargate Atlantis and SG1. Looking forward to having a lot of fun here. I love all the pictures and discussions I've seen here as a guest, and decided to give this a try!!
                  Welcome. glad you came. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Have fun and watch out for anyone who offers you cookies, you never know what side effects there may be.
                  How's the weather in Miami?
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
                    Ahh! I feel slightly overwhelmed at looking at all the activity of this site! Hey, I'm Angela and I've been a fan of Stargate for a few years now. I'm still a senior in high school and I try to watch episodes in my spare time. After reading and writing (but mostly reading!) Stargate fanfiction over at fanfiction.net for years, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about at GateWorld. And, lo and behold, I find a place where I can finally talk about my Stargate interests. Now I'm rambling...

Anyway, I'm a 'shipper. That part of me will never change. And with that, neither will my love for Sparky and other pairings. Um... so yeah. I would love to get to know all of you better.
                    Hi Angela,
                    I know how you feel. I have been at another "Gate" site for a couple of months and wow, compared to this one...no comparison. I go by puddlejumperOZ, but you can call me Ray. Ramble all you like, I'm a reader and sort of wannabe writer as well, when I'm not doing my day job (boring). I've posted in the FanFiction section, the begining of a long SG1 saga, titled "The Captives". Check it out and let me know what you think. A very big welcome to you from another newbie! (That's me, the big guy with his back to the camera)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      Hi Mechi, from another newbie, hope you enjoy it here, I know I have in just two days!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                        Hi mechi, welcome to gate world.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen_Ancient View Post
                          Hiya guys!
                          My name is Jessie. I'm 15 years old and from New Zealand. I love stargate and been watching it since I was 8. I love both SG-1 and Atlantis. Not really sure what to say here ... but I hope to see you guys around on the forums.
                          Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          Hello everybody.
                          Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post

Hi everyone,
                          Hello all, and welcome the asylu....... I mean welcome to Gateworld
                          sigpic

Comment

Just realized i never introduced myself...

Hi all! I'm Aragon101 for the most part, but my FF.net name is LoneRanger-1 *don't ask, i got it YEARS ago*

I've been a fan of Stargate since the original movie (The original DVD which i actually still own!) as well as through SG1 and SGA. I have... no opinion on SGU as i'm reserving judgment (i don't have high hopes, but i'm not saying it'll be bad)

I write as a hobby, both original and Fanfic, though most of my fanfic is John Sheppard Centric as i identify quite easily with him. Sam's my second favorite with O'Neill coming in third.

Atlantis is my favorite simply because of the characters, i found the episodes themselves a bit lacking, but my own imagination was more than enough to satisfy me

As far as shipping, i can do without it, but why ignore a large aspect of human nature?

Whumping i like to a certain degree, but i'm more emotional than physical when it comes to whump.

I'm a contractor so i'm often busy and don't spend much time on the forums or writing as i'd like.

Really i've only written 4 things with sheer quality in mind, and here they are (Shameless Advertise FTW!)

Realizations Redux - AU that takes place between Trio and Midway. John/Sam ship pairing + loads of action and humor. Other than the Epilogue, i think it reads quite like a SGA Episode... this is a rewritten version of my original fanfic (which i have erased from history as it was like a shameful tattoo of Apophis on my forehead of creativity.)

Warped Mirror - Originally an Homage to the Star Trek Episode "Mirror Mirror" , John and Rodney find themselves in an Alternate Universe in the bodies of their counterparts. Dark Storyline, ridiculous Shep whump, and Rodney Mental Anguish. Originally a short story, it evolved into having to create a whole alternate universe with plausible reasons for what happens! Go ahead, click, read, enjoy! *Note* currently workin on sequel which will go into an alternate SG1 history, from the original movie, to the events of Warped Mirror.

Operation: Tease the Reaper
                            - AU after SGA S4 "Lifeline", Written as if canon so can fit easily into the established history. Carter asked for something with an outside chance of success to rescue Weir, and John brings it to her. He's survived suicide missions before, but this is different. Can he play chicken with teh reaper one more time or is this finally it?

The Queen, The Black Knight, and The Frozen Princess
                            - Rewrite of SGA S5 episode "The Queen" with 24% added Weir! Spiritual Sequel to "Operation: Tease the Reaper". When Weir in FRAN's body is captured by a rogue element of the Wraith, it's up to John and Teyla to rescue her and try and convince the Wraith to stop feeding. Elements from the The Queen remain, but it deviates quite severely. Consider it an AU but it's written in canonish style so no real shipping. Still a work in progress but shouldn't take too much longer.

As far as one-shots,

Unequal Sparring
                            - Ronon begins to train Jennifer how to fight in hand to hand, except neither is really concentrating on that aspect of their contact! Self-challenged one-shot beta'ed by the lovely Nika Dixon of FF.Net fame! (this is one of the most popular things i've written, and i MAY write a sequel if the muse hits me)

Crystals and Issac Newton - Thank Gateworld for this one, i was inspired by something PG15 from this very forum posted and wrote this in like 20 minutes i was laughing so hard. Rodney Whump, but its pretty cracky. (Damn funny too!)

Currently i'm working on

"Fractured Mirror" - Sequel to Warped Mirror, it tells teh SG1 side of things in the Milky Way which is only touched upon slightly by Warped Mirror.

"Reminiscing our Sins" - AU after BAMSR in which the fleet fails to stop the Asurans. based off a one shot i wrote called "Let My Confessions be Forgotten" but it's much more detailed and will be episodic based, also changes quite a few things to make it more... Canonish so to speak.

don't expect either of these soon as they are pretty big and i'm quite busy.

uhh... there is ONE more story... which i'm honestly amazed is as popular as it is on FF.net (most story alerts and favorites of ANY of my stories)

Winged Horse of the Apocalypse: A Stargate Atlantis/Fallout 3 Crossover!
                            - When their jumper is downed in the Capital Wasteland, Lt. Col. John Sheppard and Capt. Alicia Vega have to learn to survive in the wastes in order to rescue Dr Rodney McKay from the evil Enclave... Except Rodney's attempting his own bumbling rescue with the help of some new 'friends'. Along the way, they'll get some help from the one known as... "The Lone Wanderer". Totally a work in progress, i'm uploading a chapter a week as i write it. Story boarded out till the end of Broken Steel and possibly Mothership DLC. Loads of humorous Rodney, too heroic Sheppard, and a little backstory on the sharpshootin' Captain that wasn't meant to be... Alicia Vega. I blame the spicy chicken and coffee i had that day when i wrote the first chapter

That's it! wow this post took a little while... all that copy pasting is annoying on a Tablet PC
                            Last edited by Guest; 14 July 2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Aragon101/Loneranger-1 welcome to Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                                Welcome. glad you came. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Have fun and watch out for anyone who offers you cookies, you never know what side effects there may be.
                                How's the weather in Miami?
                                Thanks for the welcome. It is very hot and muggy in Miami, but that's pretty usual...

Comment

Working...
                                X