X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, mikee.

Pooks...
    Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
      Welcome, mikee.

Pooks...
      see *whistles and slinks off*
      sigpic

Comment

Hello all.

I suppose this goes without saying () but I'm new around here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a Canadian grad student and a HUGE sci-fi fan. Amongst my favourite genre shows are BSG (2004), Stargate (all of its incarnations), Star Trek (franchise minus Enterprise), Doctor Who, and Sanctuary. Between all of these shows, I've been watching sci-fi for literally my whole life!

As to what brought me here, I've been lurking the forums for a while, and have been listening to the GW podcast for over a year now. I love the site! When I heard about the planned SG rewatch, I thought I'd join the forum and participate.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all!

Cheers.

Prof S
        "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
        ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

New people *claps hands with glee*
          sigpic

Comment

It sounded like you are a seal.
            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Glad to be on board. any idea's why i am unable to edit my profile or upload a user avatar pic yet? at a guess there is a big waiting list of profiles to be approved? going to have a poke about in some of the threads now mikee

Comment

Hi Mikee !

From post 1 :

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                Just to say a welcome to all who made it over here, but especially anyone who is taking part in the forum for the first time.

If you want to come and say hi, and if you want (it's not compulsory) let us know a bit about yourself (remember the golden internet rules about not giving too much personal info away) and maybe how you got interested in Stargate, feel free.

We also have a "where are we" thread if you want to join the list.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update...
                *Bows respectfully to Ye Mighty Clanger*

New Members ,otherwise known as "Probies" ...

For advice ,help and information about Probie Status ,Probie Rank ,what it means,and which forum features can and can't be accessed immediately ,click on this hyperlink : Probie status for New Members

Another very useful set of threads :
                Handy Forum Tutorials

X-treme Guide to GateWorld

Picture & Animated .gif posting rules

Sig Rules clarification

There are other "help" threads in the Forum Announcement Section ,but the links above should help you get started .
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi there to the Newbies...
                  Welcome to Gateworld.
                  I hope you enjoy the ride. (Please keep your arms in the car at all times... )

And I hope to see you out on the threads...
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Oh look! Probies!

Hi and welcome, one and all. I am your cruise director today, and I shall ask of you to please never, and I mean never... look behind you. The cursed posters of this place will get you the moment you do.

To your left you have Gotham City, where Bats is currently on patrol and us Villains are currently making him bald in more than one way. Please, feel free to come be one of the random passerbys on the street. You will no doubt be in for a world of fun and laughter. We do ask though that no one gets the bright idea to boost Bats ego. He is impossible to live with as it is.

To the right you shall find many, and many of the Gateworld posters who randomly take blue, pink and purple pills. This is because we all found out that if you eat crayons, they actually taste like what they said... Unless you taste the orange ones. They are poison. Oh.. and whatever you do.. Don't eat the purple ones. They make you cluck like a chicken.

So here is a box of 64 crayons and a map. Go forth. Rejoice and most of all... NEVER GO HUNGRY...
                    This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

Welcome Probies, and don't worry about the mangy cat above...she is sick and delusional from eating too many crayons.
                      http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome Probies. Welcome to GateWorld.

And Lazlo are you sure she isn't sick from the catnip?

I have given her a lot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheers bagpuss

Comment

*Waves hi*

Oh look...catnip.

*Grabs some and runs away *

Comment

Baggie, careful, you're now slave of them

sigpic

Comment

Hehehe...already built an immunity to the stuff long ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X