This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
    Hello, hello! Here have some cookies, they are perfectly harmless.
    Yes, have some cookies muawahahah
    sigpic

Comment

Greetings everyone,

I'm Rawtheran, and still somewhat new to the Stargate Franchise. I got into it about ten months ago by renting Stargate: Continuum since I love Science Fiction stories involving Parallell timelines. Eventually I learned that Stargate was an entire franchise, but was concerned at first since it looked like a copy of Star Trek which didn't win me over. Later I found out it's actually extremely awesome with lot's of interesting physics, world facts, history, and all kinds of neat stuff. My favorite battle sequence of Stargate by far is the Battle of Antarctica. It was awesome to see a full fleet of F-302's take on a bunch of Goa'uld Death Gliders, and Tel'taks. My favorite part though was when Prometheus came out, and after covering SG-1 took on the full fleet of Anubis. My favorite ship of course is Prometheus even though it's not near as strong as the Asgard upgraded Tau'ri BC-304's we see today it was Earth's first warship/deep space cruiser, and helped Earth so many times the ship is awesome. My favorite series is SGA, and I absolutely love Rodney Mckay, and John Sheppard since they both are somewhat similar to me in personality. I've always been a huge fan of Science Fiction especially Star Wars. It's extremely upsetting to hear about how Stargate is currently cancelled because it's like seriously I'm just getting in to this and now it's cancelled? However I've heard that Brad is trying to do something about that which is awesome. Well enoough said about me looking foward to meeting all of you.
      1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
      5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
      6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Hey I am new the MODS have not lifted their control over my post though.
        http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...m/Earth001.jpg

Comment

Welcome Rawtheran. Glad you found Stargate and fell in love. It is awesome.

Welcome Earth001. You won't be on moderation long. It's just to prevent the spammers. BTW, your posts here in the off-topic area don't count towards your post count, but posts in other areas/threads do.

Have fun folks!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Welcome Rawtheran. Glad you found Stargate and fell in love. It is awesome.

Welcome Earth001. You won't be on moderation long. It's just to prevent the spammers. BTW, your posts here in the off-topic area don't count towards your post count, but posts in other areas/threads do.

Have fun folks!
            Ok thanks. Sorry if I keep posting a lot. I have been asking to check on and see how long this Mod protection program will go on. I was hoping that the mod watch will be done by wensday or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
              ignore him milady 'bot....it's what I do....

Comment

Originally posted by Nezo View Post
                hello i am new i love watching Stargate i hope i can get into discussion with some of you

welcome to the forum were only a little crazy

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Earth001 View Post
                  welcome don't worry they will once you've posted awhile!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rawtheran View Post
                    Greetings everyone,

I'm Rawtheran, and still somewhat new to the Stargate Franchise. I got into it about ten months ago by renting Stargate: Continuum since I love Science Fiction stories involving Parallell timelines. Eventually I learned that Stargate was an entire franchise, but was concerned at first since it looked like a copy of Star Trek which didn't win me over. Later I found out it's actually extremely awesome with lot's of interesting physics, world facts, history, and all kinds of neat stuff. My favorite battle sequence of Stargate by far is the Battle of Antarctica. It was awesome to see a full fleet of F-302's take on a bunch of Goa'uld Death Gliders, and Tel'taks. My favorite part though was when Prometheus came out, and after covering SG-1 took on the full fleet of Anubis. My favorite ship of course is Prometheus even though it's not near as strong as the Asgard upgraded Tau'ri BC-304's we see today it was Earth's first warship/deep space cruiser, and helped Earth so many times the ship is awesome. My favorite series is SGA, and I absolutely love Rodney Mckay, and John Sheppard since they both are somewhat similar to me in personality. I've always been a huge fan of Science Fiction especially Star Wars. It's extremely upsetting to hear about how Stargate is currently cancelled because it's like seriously I'm just getting in to this and now it's cancelled? However I've heard that Brad is
                    trying to do something about that which is awesome. Well enoough said about me looking foward to meeting all of you.

welcome to the forum stargate is awesome :d enjoy yourself here

sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!

My name is Michelle, and as well as being a Stargate fan, I'm also lucky enough to be studying scifi fanfiction for my English Honours thesis at Monash University (Australia)! I'm not entirely sure how I managed to convince my department that it was a legitimate area of study, but they ran with it, so here I am.

As part of my studies, a few months ago I asked the Gateworld staff if I could post up a survey (which I had to split into 2 short surveys) about fanfiction writing habits. I finally got the all-clear from my uni ethics department (the paperwork I had to go through for permission to post an anonymous survey was just STAGGERING), so I'm hoping to post them up and get the opinions of actual fanfic writers about their writing habits! Two of my friends are on this board, and they said this would be a great place for me to collect data from.

I think as a newbie my posts will be modded before they actually get publicly posted, so it may take a few days for the surveys to go up, I guess? (I'm still getting used to the board and the settings - I can't figure out how to change my profile pic yet! Gah, machines! I'd be useless against the Replicators.) I hope no one thinks I'm a spammer. I really do want to accurately portray what fanfiction writers think of their writing habits, and I figured the only way to do that was to ask them myself!

Thanks for having me, guys! Stargate = <3
                      ~Michelle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                        Hi Nezo, welcome!
                        The bananas are good too. Don't worry, they don't attract monkeys as much as you may be lead to believe.. Hardly at all, really...
                        FYI Monkey attacks have increased by 30% since you started offering bananas

Hey I am new. I am here now and just came to see how you are all doing.
                        Welcome to the forum. We're doing just fine...............wait.........what are we supposed to be doing? *hides torch*

Greetings everyone,
                        Greetings Earthling. Welcome, leave your sanity at the gate, you won't need it here.

The mods never really lose control *boards up door to mod room, runs*
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Greetings everyone,

I'm Rawtheran, and still somewhat new to the Stargate Franchise. I got into it about ten months ago by renting Stargate: Continuum since I love Science Fiction stories involving Parallell timelines. Eventually I learned that Stargate was an entire franchise, but was concerned at first since it looked like a copy of Star Trek which didn't win me over. Later I found out it's actually extremely awesome with lot's of interesting physics, world facts, history, and all kinds of neat stuff. My favorite battle sequence of Stargate by far is the Battle of Antarctica. It was awesome to see a full fleet of F-302's take on a bunch of Goa'uld Death Gliders, and Tel'taks. My favorite part though was when Prometheus came out, and after covering SG-1 took on the full fleet of Anubis. My favorite ship of course is Prometheus even though it's not near as strong as the Asgard upgraded Tau'ri BC-304's we see today it was Earth's first warship/deep space cruiser, and helped Earth so many times the ship is awesome. My favorite series is SGA, and I absolutely love Rodney Mckay, and John Sheppard since they both are somewhat similar to me in personality. I've always been a huge fan of Science Fiction especially Star Wars. It's extremely upsetting to hear about how Stargate is currently cancelled because it's like seriously I'm just getting in to this and now it's cancelled? However I've heard that Brad is trying to do something about that which is awesome. Well enoough said about me looking foward to meeting all of you.
                          Hello and Welcome. Have some cookies!

Cookies will make it all better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                            FYI Monkey attacks have increased by 30% since you started offering bananas
                            Propaganda!

Welcome Earth, Rawtheran and Michelle - wow, that's an unusual university study subject! Cool though!
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

*Wonders if I am still on Moderator watch*

Comment

Welcome, newbies! Leave your sanity at the gate! That is, if you ever had any..

Comment

Working...
                                X