Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tek ma tek... or however you would spell it. Anyways, hi.

I am a soon to be 20 year old guy from Sweden. I just left military service (however during my 10 month tour I still managed to watch all of seasons 2-7, of which I am pretty impressed with myself for), and am now, I guess the technical term is "unemployed loser"...
    I'm going to start studying this fall, going to be a historian, just like Daniel. Well, without the, you know, going to other planets and all that. In all likelyhood I'll end up a highschool teacher, but I am pretty happy with that. Getting payed to stand around and speak about something that I enjoy to people that HAVE to be there speaks to me on a very deep level.

History, politics, mythology, preferably all mixed togheter, is my prime interests except for fantasy and sci-fi TV-shows. I love studying the whole concept, how religion, ideology, culture, society, economics etc. works to togheter form individuals and collectives, and that is part why I love sci-fi, there is a lot of "what if's" on social engineering etc.

Another tendency I have, or even you might call it a pattern, is that when I start writing a post it easily derails, and get rather long and unfocused... again why I would want to be a teacher, I generally require about an hour to actually make my point, at which point any person trying to have a normal conversation with me would have left... That's just the way I work, I can't single out a single thing and look at it seperatly, I always have to drag in other perspectives and other relations to the subjects that just spring to my mind. Oh, and I don't think there is ANYTHING so serious you can't joke about it.

I'll stop now, for the good of the nations or whatever.
    "You have been impregnated, without copulation?"
    "Yes! And I am absolutly terrified! Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?"
    "Well, there's one..."
    "Darth Vader!"
    "Really!? How did that turn out?"

Comment

I s'pose I'll introduce myself...

I am Syera Miktayee... on the Internet, anyway. I am a purveyor of original plot ideas and devices, interesting faces, and sugar-free chocolate products.

I've been watching SG-1 since my family acquired season 1 on DVD. And... it all kinda went downhill from there.

While I signed up with this board in December of '04, I've never been able to really post because this board is MURDER on a dial-up connection. Now that I got a better grade of data-transferance at my disposal... mua.
      [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

hey mc thank you for the welcome as i was saying in thread im new to this too .so it will take me some time to figure out every thing in here .my self i like the older star gate seriories with o"neil and danial and every one. Im from canada and watch the show faithfully i have three kids as well im a busy mom . ok well talk to every one soon

Comment

hi i'm new here

Comment

Another one of these threads?! lol

Just kidding.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

woohoo! another canuck! welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargategirl4life
                hi i'm new here
                Hey there welcome to the forum.

{Mod Snip}
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 27 April 2006, 10:45 PM. Reason: removing off topic and hostile remarks

Comment

Welcome!!!

Go Canada!!! lol

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm a new member here...but not a new person to the Stargate universe. Let me start by introducing myself:

My name is Carrie and I live in Illinois. I started watching SG1 when it first aired with Children of the Gods. My mom and I watch it and we just love it. Our favorite characters on SG1 are Jack and Daniel . But, we just LOVE Thor. Ever since we saw Stargate: The movie I've been reading up on the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses and I think I'm doing pretty good on understanding each and every god and goddess. As you can tell by my username...I just adore Anubis. I thought he was pretty cool as a jackel-headed god until I saw him in SG1. My mom and I saw him and I instantly thought of the Ringwraiths from Lord of the Rings. ha ha ha. I know some other people have mentioned that as well. My mom would ask me questions about a certain god or goddess and I would look in my books to find out...like I just bought a book called The Book of the Dead. And in it, it talks about the weighting of the heart which is VERY interesting. We have been watching SG1 for 9 seasons and now we'll be watching for the 10th season as well.

And when SGA first came on we thought it might not be a good show but after watching Rising parts 1 and 2 we both were instantly hooked. I watch the season 1 DVD's of SGA and just enjoy watching Sheppard and Beckett...who just happen to be my 2 favorite characters on SGA. And both my mom and I just love the Wraith. We both thought the Wraith were cool looking bad guys. We're happy to see SGA going for a 3rd season. Hooray!!!

Well, just thought I'd post this message and say that this is one of the best tv shows I've seen (besides The X-Files). SG1 and SGA rock!!!

Comment

hi i'm new to all this having just joined up today. i'll try to keep this short so here it goes - i'm 35, married and i have 2 gorgeous kids - daughter niki is 13.5 and son tom is almost 10. my hubby is not a big fan of stargate so the kids and i annoy him a lot with quotes and endless dribble about the show. i was a fan of star trek tng and voyager and although i still like these shows i am now a mega huge fan of stargate sg1. i only started watching it about 2 years ago but i now own seasons 1 - 8 on dvd (yippee!) and the kids & i watch it all the time. we love it!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Setesh
                        Tek ma tek... or however you would spell it. Anyways, hi.

I am a soon to be 20 year old guy from Sweden. I just left military service (however during my 10 month tour I still managed to watch all of seasons 2-7, of which I am pretty impressed with myself for), and am now, I guess the technical term is "unemployed loser"...
                        I'm going to start studying this fall, going to be a historian, just like Daniel. Well, without the, you know, going to other planets and all that. In all likelyhood I'll end up a highschool teacher, but I am pretty happy with that. Getting payed to stand around and speak about something that I enjoy to people that HAVE to be there speaks to me on a very deep level.

I'll stop now, for the good of the nations or whatever.
                        LOL Hi and welcome to GW! Or should I say:

Tjena o välkommen! Inte många svenska här, va kul Jag kan babbla på rätt bra när jag väl har börjat också teehee Jag är oxå intresserad av arkeologi och historia Hoppas du stannar, inte många gör det...

And happy posting!

Comment

Hello and welcome
                          to everyone who's new here! I hope you all have fun here on Gateworld! Happy posting!

And as customary in my welcome post - some possibly helpful links regarding the forum:

Handy Forum tutorial
                          X-treme guide to Gateworld
                          Gateworld FAQ
                          How to get a good reputation
                          Rep points, the universe and everything
                          Things to think about when starting a thread
                          Sig Rules clarification
                          Members helping members

Bye, A.
                          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hey everyone.
                            A little about me? I'm an SG-1 fan, HUGE fan, got into it after watching an episode about Apophis(my favourite villian! ). I have a twin brother and we both play varsity sports for the rival uni's in our city.

I chose thename Crimson, 20 year old student studying economics in Canada. I just got back from Kingston, Ontario after helping my good friend move back home. Went to a house party(low ceiling in the basement; being 6'4 isn't always good!) and a few bars after the match with queens golden gaels..lost by one point that game

I've been late to class SO many times because I usually catch the SG-1 episode that comes on at noon and my classes usually started around that time. Got my brother addicted to SG-1 after I made him watch season 8, he backtracked and watched the other seasons LOL. I'm looking forward to working for tuition this summer, spending my free time at the beach, having fun and learning more about Stargate here. I even tried to get some of my friends/teamates hooked on sg-1 but they didn't bite =/

Comment

welcome
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Howdy people. Well i found this forum by searching on google trying to find out about Lt Ford and what happens won't mention any more.

But looks great so i shall be sticking round posting etc. Because in all honesty Stargate is the best sci-fi series ever. And well Atlantis has just knicked X-Files off my favourite TV Series list.

SG 1 not seen a lot of itm, but it is a great tv show. And will be hopefully soon be buying some of the box sets when i raise up the dosh.

But anyway howdy people.

Info about me well i'm 17, i play cricket, support leeds united fc. I go to college and well thats about it. Want to know more well you'll just have to ask lol

Comment

Working...
                                X