This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    I think the threads have changed a lot, because I don't think that's what they are at this point, SKy.

I think the difference is really the chatty stuff and fluff that happens in the Ship Family thread doesn't happen in the Discussion thread. There are fewer posts (a lot fewer right now) but there are people that will visit the discussion thread who don't go to the Ship Family thread and vice-versa.

I'd really hate to see the Discussion thread merged with the Ship Family thread. It's really hard to find any news on the Ship Family thread if you're not there all the time. It's still a very fast-moving thread. And there are "depressing" discussions that go on over there. Like every time I come around.

If we're lucky and someday there is something new to discuss, I'd really hate to see the other thread gone. You can subscribe to that thread- it's impossible to subscribe to the Ship Family thread.

People really need two threads. No one wants to give up the fun and online fellowship that happen on the Ship Family thread. On the other hand, there's got to be a place for serious discussion and new stuff since it otherwise it is going to get lost.
    Our depressing discussions aren't that depressing...most days

On a serious note I agree as nice as it would be to have one thread I think there are aspects to each one that will be lost if they are combined.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Jack O'Neill/Sam Carter Ship Discussion would be my vote for the name. I don't have any problems with merging the two threads.

The Resort one is an OT one, though, right? I would think should remain separate so as to keep as much of the OT chatter off the main thread as possible, yes?
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

if people want one thread, i need to know that the option works for a majority. because once it's merged, it won't be unmerged. And this is a decision for both threads.

If a 'peaceful co-existence' has been found, then I want to keep it. And I don't want, three months down the line, to have a bunch of people upset or unhappy about 'losing their thread'
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          my one questions is if the pro Sam and Jack thread gets merged with the family thread, and the name gets changed to something like Sam carter/Jack O'Neill ship discussion thread will we still be able to have the fluff that we normally would have at the family thread or would we have to be more serious?
          Who us serious? Naaaaa!! I think if we play nice together and have respect for each others opinion and then we all can play on the same thread
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
            Who us serious? Naaaaa!! I think if we play nice together and have respect for each others opinion and then we all can play on the same thread
            I think we could too...but...if the pro Sam and Jack thread has discussions that involve them not ending up together...I think most of us in the family thread are confident that they will get together...I'm not sure how that would factor into a merged thread, personally I can respect people's opinions but it might...depress me a bit...to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              if people want one thread, i need to know that the option works for a majority. because once it's merged, it won't be unmerged. And this is a decision for both threads.

If a 'peaceful co-existence' has been found, then I want to keep it. And I don't want, three months down the line, to have a bunch of people upset or unhappy about 'losing their thread'
              These two threads:

Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread - active
              Pro Sam/jack ship – discussion only - active

Are very similar anyway so I don't see why they shouldn't be merged.

Now, if you try and merge an 'anti' sam/jack thread into it, (do one of these even exist? I have no idea!) I might be a little more resistant
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

the former 'anti' thread will NOT be merged into the sam and jack threads

it will exist on its own in a form yet to be determined

sigpic

Comment

I don't go to the other thread so I really have no opinion on it, though I'll have to second the question of regularamanda will the rules change? Will we be able to post pics and stuff and still have the discussion.

Though in some way I don't think it's fair to the people who like discussion. Like VSS said, it's hard to find information on ship family discussion unless you go through a whole bunch of posts and you only want to participate in a discussion...

That said, if it's decided to merge the threads I vote for the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Family Fluff and Discussion
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I certainly don't mind name changes, that is fine with me.

Peace,,Fluff

Comment

if, IF, the not happy ppl can let the happy ppl post their happies, and if the happy ppl can let the not happy ppl post their nothappies, and if we can do that on a continual basis and just skip past the things we don't like, then i think one thread would work.

for me, it's when the off topic starts being more prolific than the on topic that things get a bit sticky. if the off topiccers can moderate themselves and/or take most of their off topicness to the appropriate thread, we can co-exist happily.

yeah, right. (((shippers)))
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

that's a lot of 'if's

do we really want a lot of people having to alter their attitude and posting style, while also having to tolerate those that might not change as fast?

sigpic

Comment

Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread - lots of pics, fun captioning, silliness sometimes abounds.

Pro Sam/jack ship – discussion only - this is a more serious thread to discuss all options of the ship and characterization.

I happen to like the separation of the two threads. I have a hard time keeping up withe Ship Family thread because it moves so fast and not always deep discussion of the ship which is fine to me. But it's nice to have the other thread that will leave out the superfluous stuff.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

that's a lot of 'if's

do we really want a lot of people having to alter their attitude and posting style, while also having to tolerate those that might not change as fast?
                            that is a lot of 'if's.

we're getting along pretty well right now, and the only probs we're having is... having nothing new to talk about.

but for some time, we've been doing fluffy and serious and upset and happy and captions and even some ot all at once.

we need more shippers to come in here and voice their opinions.

another vote from me:

the thread name: Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion

the thread is for ALL topics of sam/jack ship, being the happy/positive, fluffy, negative/discouraged with the state of the ship, captions, poems, and limited amounts of off topic.

what do others think?
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I think we've lost some people recently due to the amount of OT stuff that goes on. I do think it's because there isn't anything new to talk about and folks get bored.

That's another reason for the discussion only thread- there's nothing there that's OT.

Also, I'd just like to point out that some of the shippers who say they wouldn't mind only having one thread don't actually visit the discussion thread.

Comment

I'll put my 2 cents in...I say two threads because if people want to discuss why we might not get resolution they can and if people want to discuss why we will get it then they can as well...and also it's going to be permanent so I'd much rather have two threads with different feels for them to keep everyone happy...because who knows what might happen if they do get merged and sometimes talk of why they won't get together, could in a sense be anti-ship (IMHO at least) And there are different aspects to each thread which make that thread unique and I don't think we should get rid of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X