Clear All

As my mother says, "This too shall pass."
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      As my mother says, "This too shall pass."
      Perhaps you should begin explaining to the offending advertising dealer that constantly breaking your site is not what you look for in advertising and you may be forced to replace their services if they cannot do a better job in rendering their service?
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
        Perhaps you should begin explaining to the offending advertising dealer that constantly breaking your site is not what you look for in advertising and you may be forced to replace their services if they cannot do a better job in rendering their service?
        Also if I understand some ad revenue correctly, GW makes more money if people click on the ad. And I will make a point not only to not click on the ad (with what they do to this forum, who knows what there website might do to my computer. With the age of viruses upon us I'm not taking the chance), but I'm not even considering buying their product either because they've pissed me off.
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

How long do the ads stay in rotation? That flaming butt has got to go!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

I have to agree with that one. Some may find it funny, but not me.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
              I have to agree with that one. Some may find it funny, but not me.
              I second that ... Third that. I guess I'm third.

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Hey, no ditching! You're at least 4th! It doesn't matter that I didn't post the several and various obscenities that I hurled at the screen last week; it only matters that it was last week (Weds at latest) that I did so! There.

Comment

Hey, I never said I was good at math!

Adrianne
                  If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                  It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

LOL ...it is coming up more often it seems.

I find it a little ironic that it is advertising the Season 4 set release as "uncensored", which apparently includes the advert being uncensored as well.

Comment

Hmm. I haven't seen that Family Guy one yet or at least not the offensive one I have seen people discussing, but I have seen another tame one.

I just thank the gods that that damn Star Trek ad is finally gone.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Okay, I've waited four days. All ads that ever show up at the top of this pages are these:

(And the iTunes ad is pretty stupid. If google is generating these ads based on my location (I think so because of the German ad), they should know that iTunes doesn't work that way in Germany).

I don't know whether I have some ad blocker that I know nothing about or what. But I'd really like to see a screenshot of this supposedly annoying ad to form an opinion. (If you don't want to post an image of that here, feel free to PM me. I'd appreciate it. )
                        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

The Flaming Butt Ad(tm) shows up at the bottom of the page between Post Reply and the Quick Reply box. It's a Flash ad.

Comment

I've only seen the flaming butt ad(tm) at the bottom of the screen. It's funny that right now the ads at the top are those google print ads, these for buying ad space from various companies. While we may be talking about ads on this thread, I wonder if anyone reading this is in the position to actually buy ads.

And sadly, after being gone for a couple days, the Star Trek ad appeared last night.

Edited to add Dem's trademark.
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

How the heck did a flaming butt get through? That's definitely NOT appropriate.

And now it's at the top.
                              Last edited by rarocks24; 28 November 2006, 12:34 PM.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

As the rest of the Gutter can attest, I'm a fan of tushies.

But NOT that stupid cartoon moon. If that's the level of humor on that show, I'm soooo glad that I don't watch it.

BTW - I think the content filter that we use at work keeps blocking it. I just hope that whoever monitors our system realizes that it's NOT a site that I'm trying to access. I could get my tush fired.
                                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                                sigpic
                                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X