Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ignore them, too. I've seen that particular one on my e-mail site...mail.com.

But Darren has a policy about flashing ads so I see it as trying to help out by reporting ones I think are questionable if I run across them. Then he can make his own ruling.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

LOL. Those ones amuse me. "Who is this US party girl?" etc. My personal favourite was on hotmail or something during the Michael Jackson trial. My brother and I had a good chuckle at it, so naturally I saved it:

Spoiler:

Amusingly titled "M.Jail".

Has anyone ever followed the links to see what pointless stuff they're selling? I'm curious... but at the same time, scared at what might be behind the link.

ETA: I should probably stop posting in this folder. I don't think i've made one constructive post in here.
      Last edited by Anubis69; 30 December 2006, 03:32 PM. Reason: Punctuation!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
        ETA: I should probably stop posting in this folder. I don't think i've made one constructive post in here.
        That's what we're supposed to do here?

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Well, you can make "funny posts"... But your legs might just lose structural integrity faster than
          (S9 spoiler)
          Spoiler:
          The Prometheus in Ethon.

On that note, did you know, that King Kong is actually impossible as his bones wouldn't be strong enough? Same way really tall humans have really fragile legs. You can't just scale up the physique of a regular ape to a really big ape. I've got detailed reasons why in my notes from last year, but i thought that was an interesting point.
          I can't believe i just wasted 5mins of my life typing that. I demand a refund! ... Actually, no, just forget it. I'd probably only waste them again anyway.
          Last edited by Anubis69; 30 December 2006, 04:25 PM. Reason: Spoiler clarification.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

i think we cleaned up all the download ads i haven't seen any lately
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

a pop up just got me here at work - i think it's sad that i have better ad blockers at home thani do on our nice 'safe' network at work -a hem, anyway, it was for 'adinsight' something.

I dont' have flash on so the whole thing didn't come up, just the white box, but that's the name on the top of the window. i think it's a survey invite of some sort
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                a pop up just got me here at work - i think it's sad that i have better ad blockers at home thani do on our nice 'safe' network at work -a hem, anyway, it was for 'adinsight' something.

I dont' have flash on so the whole thing didn't come up, just the white box, but that's the name on the top of the window. i think it's a survey invite of some sort
                Yep. Just got the same thing.
                'Cept mine loaded ...

Adrianne
                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Noticed - within the last 10 minutes or so - a sudden rash of not only rather annoying flashing banner ads across the top (many of which don't even say what they are advertising, just flashing "YOU'VE WON!" in big letters (that particular one showed up on every page for a good 5 mintue period!)) but also a corresponding flood of pop-up ads.. pop-up ads which somehow managed to circumvent the pop-up blocker on my computer!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    Noticed - within the last 10 minutes or so - a sudden rash of not only rather annoying flashing banner ads across the top (many of which don't even say what they are advertising, just flashing "YOU'VE WON!" in big letters (that particular one showed up on every page for a good 5 mintue period!)) but also a corresponding flood of pop-up ads.. pop-up ads which somehow managed to circumvent the pop-up blocker on my computer!
                    I had the You've Won creation, but not the pop-ups I'm pleased to say.
                    I've won what exactly?!
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Twice in the last 5 minutes I've received this warning from Trend Micro while only being on the GW forum site:

You have attempted to open a dangerous website

Address: http://t2.trafficmp.com/j.t./i20

The warning classifies it as spyware.

Comment

Working on this -- our advertising company is switching to a new back-end system this week, and I would guess that when they made the switch our old code defaulted to these crap ads. Once I get the new code installed, we should see the right ads.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          Working on this -- our advertising company is switching to a new back-end system this week, and I would guess that when they made the switch our old code defaulted to these crap ads. Once I get the new code installed, we should see the right ads.
                          Thanks Darren!
                          sigpic

Comment

Picture 1.jpg

Has anyone else seen or clicked on this banner?
                            I'm afraid to click on it for fear it's going to offend me ...
                            Does anyone know what it's about???

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I have started getting pop-ups from clicksor.com on this site, luckily my pop-up blocker is working so far. It's annoying, though.

By the way, the flashing banner that reads "This is not a joke, you are the 10,000th visitor" is BEYOND annoying. The current rash of banners on the site is twisting my melon, man.
                              Last edited by Commander Ivanova; 02 March 2007, 09:14 AM.
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I've had none of the mentioned problems but I do seemed to have been flooded with Virgin Media ads, which is kinda tactless after a lot of people have lost their Sky One because of 'Childish Behaviour' by Mr Branson and Mr Murdoch.

Just an opinion of mine

Comment

Working...
                                X