Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've noticed something lately I'm sure it's a Darren thing but i know there are supposed to be ads on the top and bottom of the pages now

but sometimes i go to different pages and there is no ad just the blue background where an ad should be \

now I'm not sure if there's a problem with the site or there just isn't enough ads

now i don't have any ad blocking programs on my browser or computer i just wanted to pass this along as i know ads are one of the biggest sources of money for gateworld
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 01 June 2006, 07:37 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      I've noticed something lately I'm sure it's a Darren thing but i know there are supposed to be ads on the top and bottom of the pages now

but sometimes i go to different pages and there is no ad just the blue background where an ad should be \

now I'm not sure if there's a problem with the site or there just isn't enough ads

now i don't have any ad blocking programs on my browser or computer i just wanted to pass this along as i know ads are one of the biggest sources of money for gateworld
      Sometimes the ad doesn't load properly from it's host the first time around. Refreshing the page may help. One thing is sure: they will never run out of ads!

Comment

i hate the drop down ads

Comment

there nothing GW can do about those it's
          been discussed at great length

Comment

I'm having a problem with these new Stargate ads. Everytime I go to a new thread or log onto GWF, the flash or small clip causes the page to freeze up. It like overloads my server.

Anyone else having problems with the new Stargate Banners?
            sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
              I'm having a problem with these new Stargate ads. Everytime I go to a new thread or log onto GWF, the flash or small clip causes the page to freeze up. It like overloads my server.

Anyone else having problems with the new Stargate Banners?
              Yeah, I'm having trouble to, sometimes the pages won't load right (or at all).
              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

the quickest fix we have found so far has been to turn off your *Flash*
                There is a few other posts regarding this I think in the Member Helping Members thread for different types of browsers
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

it might also depand on if a users is on dial up or high speed

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                    Ads exist so that the site can remain free. But yep, we are definitely kicking around a paid forum subscription program that will allow you to go ad-free (and get some extra perks to boot). Stay tuned for more on this.
                    any updates on this

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      any updates on this
                      The ads suck up time by loading, but I can't say I'm keen on paying for a fan forum (in any fandom).

Comment

I've lost interest in paying for Gateworld.
                        The new server was supposed to help things and I've found it's only made things worse. I also don't enjoy the forum as much as I used to.

So Gateworld's not going to get any of my money ...

On a related note to the ads, has anyone experienced the new SG1 Anniversary ad playing sound? I've had this, it starts than get cut off. I use headphones at work, when I spend most of my time on Gateworld, it's a darn good thing I use headphones too because it'd be hard to explain why my computer is screaming about the adventures of SG1.

Adrianne
                        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                          The ads suck up time by loading, but I can't say I'm keen on paying for a fan forum (in any fandom).
                          Indeed! I love this forum greatly, but am not too sure about having to pay a monthly fee to be a part of it. Expenses are tight enough as it is, you know?
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            Indeed! I love this forum greatly, but am not too sure about having to pay a monthly fee to be a part of it. Expenses are tight enough as it is, you know?
                            For those not paying attention: The fee would not be required. The fee is optional for an ad-free experience (and possibly other perks). Just to apply a random and quite baseless figure, I'll say 25 - 30% of the forum would actually pay for it. Maybe more, maybe less if it was required. It wouldn't be very good for the forum popularity if it was to require a fee.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                              For those not paying attention: The fee would not be required. The fee is optional for an ad-free experience (and possibly other perks). Just to apply a random and quite baseless figure, I'll say 25 - 30% of the forum would actually pay for it. Maybe more, maybe less if it was required. It wouldn't be very good for the forum popularity if it was to require a fee.
                              Yeah, guess I mis-read that statement.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Those new ads they have going right now aren't all that great. I absolutely despise audio threads, and everytime one of them loads, I get a sound for a second like the ad forgot I didn't want audio.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X