X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
    Talking ad!! Ahhhhh!

"Congratulations, you have been selected to win a free Apple iPhone."

I don't wanna complain because I love Apple but ... Nooooooooooooo! No talking! I don't wanna know the ads are there!

Adrianne
    There's a site I visit regularly which have talking ads. It's so annoying. It shouldn't be allowed at all on the web. Facebook have the worse ads of all the sites I visit. They often flash and sometimes it's so much I have to keep reloading the page until an non flashing ad appears just to use the site.

Edit: Now I just encountered a talking ad here! :/
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
      When I sign in, I just scroll down the page a little bit so the ads get covered by my navigation bar so I can ignore the ads altogether.
      I do the same ... and then my computer started talking to me

Adrianne
      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I've only seen one other mention of this in the last two pages, but when I logged in tonight I think the ad triggered my virus scanner with Exploit-ANIfile.c and VBS/Psyme Trojans. I don't know if the actual ad matters, but it was something about groceries; I was a bit too shocked to pay closer attention before I closed the window.

Comment

hey guys just wanted to let you know that i've been selected to receive a free iphone and ipod.

5 or 6 of them. i must be special.

i know you're all jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            hey guys just wanted to let you know that i've been selected to receive a free iphone and ipod.

5 or 6 of them. i must be special.

i know you're all jealous.
            I am! I only got it ... Oo wait, I was going to say twice but I think I might have won while I was hunting down this thread as well.

Adrianne
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

i've been lurking on gw for 3 years and i've enver seen the ipod ad

Comment

I've only been on briefly today but the junk ads seem to have gone away. Anyone still seeing them?

If you are in the U.S., you currently ought to be seeing ads primarily for things like the Stargate trading card game, Heroes on NBC, Circuit City, etc.

EDIT: Nevermind ... they're still here. They're just not quite as prolific for me as they were yesterday. It may be Monday before the ad guys get back into their offices to see my screaming-bloody-murder e-mails, so thanks for your patience!
                Last edited by Darren; 29 April 2007, 01:24 PM.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

The only problem I ever have with GW ads are when I'm on Ubuntu (and Firefox) - where the (very) occasional ad will mushroom in size, so it takes up the space that is used by the top menu (i.e. it's blocked off so I can't get on to the CP etc - sorry for my poor phrasing)
                  The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Teehee, I just keep getting ads for "The Fart Button: press it, you know you want to".

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                      Teehee, I just keep getting ads for "The Fart Button: press it, you know you want to".
                      The common sense dance is involved:

Move to click it, common sense clicks in so you pull back. A few seconds later the same process repeats itself
                      The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria View Post
                        I've only seen one other mention of this in the last two pages, but when I logged in tonight I think the ad triggered my virus scanner with Exploit-ANIfile.c and VBS/Psyme Trojans. I don't know if the actual ad matters, but it was something about groceries; I was a bit too shocked to pay closer attention before I closed the window.
                        I've had the same problem three times in the last couple of days. When I open up GW, my anti virus program kicks in with an intrusion alert- some program called Downloader? The last couple of times, the grocery card ad was running, so I'm guessing that's the trigger.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Saul Tigh View Post
                          i've been lurking on gw for 3 years and i've enver seen the ipod ad
                          It depends on your country.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                            LOL, I've gotten that a few times...today it's Borat and a cat that keeps meowing at me...that was very creepy the first time, cos I didn't see the cat!! I thought my computer had finally just given in and gone completely nuts!

Comment

Friggin' Circuit City ads.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I was unable to access my control because an ad opens up when I put my cursor at the top of the page and there was no where to close it.... It was a really gruesome ad for a movie too....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X