Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would heads explode if I started an anti-anti-anti thread? Not that I would, of course, it's purely hypothetical...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Would heads explode if I started an anti-anti-anti thread? Not that I would, of course, it's purely hypothetical...
      I did actually start to do one, but then thought better of it, though if a mod could ensure it wouldnt be closed for the sake of it...
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The "subscribe to thread" button isn't working for me, (I want to keep an eye on a certain thread without posting and associating myself with it.) any idea whats wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
          You don't understand, i'm trying to SUBSCRIBE to an EXSTING thread.
          GL I am sorry....I read that wrong....that what I get for reading ahead of my brain....one sec I will get you the procedures......*headdesk*

ETA: ok...I have done some research and if I am not mistaken right now there is a Forum glitch that only allows you to subscribe IF you reply in a thread

However, you could try checking in your Control Pana=el under My Options and making sure that you have enabed your abilty to subscribe to threads and then use either the *Thread Tools* at the top or bottom of the thread to try and subscribe without posting to see if that works.

If it does not then the glitch is still occurring
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 01 March 2006, 05:05 PM.
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It's still a-glitchin then, thanks for the heads up. (Can you see if i'm on in invisible mode? Just curious, you don't have to answer)

Comment

moved
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
                i got another question i made this thread kinda wish i hadn't but.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25083

i made it in stragate discussion should i had made it in the realionship thread?
                if so can it be moved or merged
                Since there is already a Sam & Jack thread and your thread was basically a duplicate of that I have deleted it as duplicate. I do know that the subject has been discussed in that thread quite a bit so if you would like to discuss that you might try posting your question in there
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thanks for the answers!

Hmm...I guess you're right, but I'm still not sure why it works so well for that other board I visit, which is the Trekbbs.

Then again, their entire Rules section seems to be completely different from the one here.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    GL I am sorry....I read that wrong....that what I get for reading ahead of my brain....one sec I will get you the procedures......*headdesk*

ETA: ok...I have done some research and if I am not mistaken right now there is a Forum glitch that only allows you to subscribe IF you reply in a thread

However, you could try checking in your Control Pana=el under My Options and making sure that you have enabed your abilty to subscribe to threads and then use either the *Thread Tools* at the top or bottom of the thread to try and subscribe without posting to see if that works.

If it does not then the glitch is still occurring
                    The whole "thread subscription" fiasco is casued by a vBulletin software glitch. In other words, the only probably thing that will fix the thread subscription is a complete re-write of the vBulletin software pertaining to how thread subscriptions are handled. If anyone is proficient with php, then it might be worth a look.

If TameFerrar's solution above doesn't work, remember that you can subscribe to a thread using the "additional options" block at the bottom of the post reply window. In Additional Options, there's a thread subscription choice. Choose your notification and that should work. (At least it seems to work from what others have said).

Comment

Why haven't I had any problems subscribing to threads?
                      Has anyone else on a Mac running Safari had problems?

(No, I'm not complaining.)
                      Adrianne
                      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                        Why haven't I had any problems subscribing to threads?
                        Has anyone else on a Mac running Safari had problems?

(No, I'm not complaining.)
                        Adrianne
                        I have to make or edit a post to do it, but I've never had a problem with it doing that.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I would like to take this time to thank and apologize Skydiver. Don't ask why, but I just want to make this thank you and sorry public. I hope this gets approved.

So, Skydiver... Thank you and I am very sorry.

Comment

I've tried to be paitent, but I have my limits. How does http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...98#post4995398 not belong in the OT folder? If a mod answers this, i'll not bring it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                              I've tried to be paitent, but I have my limits. How does http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...98#post4995398 not belong in the OT folder? If a mod answers this, i'll not bring it up again.
                              Because like any of the ship threads it is discussing a select pairing in SGA. In this case it is the pairing of two couples instead of one. Not all members are in favor of BOTH pairings so this thread apparently is designed for members that ARE and want to discuss BOTH with equal enthusiam at the same time. I am sure as we review all of the threads in the character folder this one too will be scutinized. At this time I can say I see nothing different about it than any other shipping thread with the exception as I said that it is discussing two couples intead of just one

Comment

Ok *shuts up*

Comment

Working...
                                X