Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could a mod do something about this thread:http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25196

We were already having a bit of a disagreement. Freyrs mother came in as a neutral party to get everything to settle down, which I went ahead and agreed to. However others are still continuing to attack.

Thanks.

Comment

Do we know why the forum went all flooy and crashed just now?

I know it was widespread because when I managed to get on line there were this many users:
      Currently Active Users: 55 (19 members and 36 guests)
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Not to sure WHY....but I was actually the only one listed for a few moments....That was the weirdest thing I have ever seen...all alone in this big bad forum....it was skeery
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Not to sure WHY....but I was actually the only one listed for a few moments....That was the weirdest thing I have ever seen...all alone in this big bad forum....it was skeery
          Ar... poor Tame.

Actually, I think Greg kust answered my question in another thread:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24191
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            I had a very difficult time with the forum last night; I finally gave up and went to bed. About the time Jonno is talking about today, I had just finished a longish post and lost it completely. When I finally got back into the forum there were only about 7 people in the general discussion and about 27 in the forum altogether.

Poor Tame! All alone in the forum with those 'NASTY' black beans!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Has there been a problem with the Forum tonight?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

yeah, there has been. no idea what, i'm sure darren will be in with an official answer.

it's been up and down all day. since greg said they were doing a software upgrade, i can just guess that that might be the issue
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

per Greg

Originally posted by Greg
                  This upgrade has been cancelled due to problems, however the server load is stil very high.
                  when there is a problem you can also check out Greg's thread called *Weekly Maintence*
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

* What are the chances of getting signature limits reduced?

* Is there any way for VB to automatically reject sig pics that are oversized?

I know sigs are a wonderful way for users to express themselves and all, but it seems like a great many people abuse that privilege and reporting oversize sigs only goes so far to staunch the problem.

Or maybe sigs can be a privilege that is EARNED, much like the ability to upload your own avs.

Comment

guys, guys, guys, let's take a moment.

it is great that so many folks are coming up with all these suggestions and the ones in greg's thread, and i'm sure that darren will give them due consideration when he gets time.

for the time being, how about folks just take five and mellow out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
                        merged

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          * What are the chances of getting signature limits reduced?
                          200 pixels tall is a fair size, I think, without being too restrictive. The key is getting people to actually abide by it. I wish that vBulletin had some sort of enforcing mechanism built in, but it doesn't.

* Is there any way for VB to automatically reject sig pics that are oversized?
                          Nope. I wish.

Or maybe sigs can be a privilege that is EARNED, much like the ability to upload your own avs.
                          Probably not. I already get too many complaints about custom avatars.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

was the automatic log out a thing that was supposed to happen? cuz yesterday i was playin on the forum... was gone all day today... and when i go to sign on tonite... i been logged out?! (and i dont log out of the fourm... i remain logged in at all times)
                            sigpic

Comment

Why was the custom avatar thread locked? I know there was a lot of "why do we have to make so many posts to get access to one" type responses/questions but really the Members helping Members thread has loads of useless posts (off-topic) before new questions are asked, why not keep it open or move it to Off-topic even. Why lock it?

*sorry if this has been asked lots of posts in here lately too many for me to read all of them*

On the sigs: If you can limit the avatar size, why can't you limit the sig size? Also sigs are not a privileged! But maybe taking the right to use them away when people (not newbies) consistently need to be reminded to resize their sigs could work. *Yes I am mean*

Comment

I think these threads could probably be merged: They are both on the opening credits of SGA and both in Season three section.

Oldest: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22963

Newest: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25276

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X