This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    I feel like a snitch, constatly in here complaining, but come on! Check the size of the sighttp://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=11003

Oh, did anyone look at the sig I pointed out yesterday?
    a.) I think you're suppose to report the post for sigs ... I think, not sure.
    b.) I think they, the Mods, are suppose to be polite and PM the person first before they start brow beating them into submission ...

So I'm kind of betting that they know about the sig

Adrianne
    (But I'm all for a good brow beating! )
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      I feel like a snitch, constatly in here complaining, but come on! Check the size of the sighttp://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=11003

Oh, did anyone look at the sig I pointed out yesterday?
      When I take the time to moderate while at work, I can't look at signature
      So if you see that I am the only one on you can be rest assured I may have gotten your message but until one of the other Mods is on then it will be that way.

We can't always *show* our Superpowers in front of the Earthlings

Also you do need to realize that we do *try* to give each person some time to fix their own signature if we have notified them of a problem However, we will adjust it if they do not comply in a timely fashion
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        So if you see that I am the only one on you can be rest assured I may have gotten your message but until one of the other Mods is on then it will be that way.

We can't always *show* our Superpowers in front of the Earthlings

Also you do need to realize that we do *try* to give each person some time to fix their own signature if we have notified them of a problem However, we will adjust it if they do not comply in a timely fashion
        Sorry, forgot to edit, its been removed (the sig I pointed out yesterday), thanks
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

You're meaning to tell me that your 'job' as Moderator does not pay the bills?! You have to have ANOTHER job on top of it?!

That's just wrong.

So much for my hopes and dreams of being a moderator when I grow up.

Adrianne
          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
            I must say that I do like the Weir discussion thread and I feel that it is necessary to have that thread. It should NOT be deleted nor merged.

Like Tracy Jane said, lets just leave the 3 threads the way they were, please.
            Nothing was deleted OR merged...only Torri's name was added to the Weir WOW thread since there are quite a number of posts already there regarding Torri as an actress and in praise of her as an actress this did nothing except bring that aspect of in-line with the topic of the thread. Nothing has changed.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who is a fan of Torri would be offended by a nice picture of her in the WOW thread if that is the thread a poster calls home and would like to share. I find it even harder to believe that a poster would be harrassed for posting a nice picture of Torri Higginson in the WOW thread.

To repeat the WOW thread has in no way been affected, there has been no deletions, no merges, no nothing. All that has happened is the WOW thread, may have a few more pictures of Torri the actress. As long as those pictures do not violate forum guidelines and members are not hot-linking then the WOW thread is the appropriate place for Fluff of this nature.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I don't know what you should do with this thread (delete it?)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24923

But it looks pointless, offensive, stupid, and did I mention pointless? I wasn't sure if someone else has already reported it.

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                Oops sorry.

New thread please.
                Um...guys?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  Um...guys?
                  Hi sorry its done now

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                    I don't know what you should do with this thread (delete it?)

But it looks pointless, offensive, stupid, and did I mention pointless? I wasn't sure if someone else has already reported it.

Adrianne
                    Well since not all people can express themselves as well as others with the written word we will give the benefit of the doubt so as to err on the side of openness
                    It has been updated just a tad since I did search and found no *open* discussion regarding McKay and this thread looked to have both sides of the spectrum so it has been editted to show that

Comment

Hi sorry its done now
                      Thankee!

Comment

Well since not all people can express themselves as well as others with the written word we will give the benefit of the doubt so as to err on the side of openness
                        It has been updated just a tad since I did search and found no *open* discussion regarding McKay and this thread looked to have both sides of the spectrum so it has been editted to show that
                        What do you mean no 'open' discussion...we have three for want of a better word "anti-McKay threads" in the Season threads. Why not rename this one Anti-McKay thread and merge the other ones into it...I and many who rather like him would be quite happy to see the Anti's vent/rant in one thread instead of all over the season threads. Where quite frankly a few posters go more than out of their way to start agruments with pro McKay posters.

Comment

ahh I didn't look in the season threads since most of our Character threads are strangly enough in the character folder ... I will go review those and see if that might have a place for this thread then...thank you for your kind re-direction

ETA: well I have reviewed the 40 threads active in Season 1, the 200 threads active in Season 2 and the 80 active threads in Season 3 and have not found any threads that show a topic of McKay nor even an Anti-McKay type thread...so for now the thread stands if I am missing the threads you are referring to please send me links to them and I will review them and see if they are a possible match to our thread in question
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 27 February 2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

ahh I didn't look in the season threads since most of our Character threads are strangly enough in the character folder ...
                            Well no they are not all in the character folders...well not what I consider to be discussion or inclusion of character references. Um, Get rid of Ronon thread springs to mind and the Is Weir and ineffectual leader (?) are both in the Season threads. I get your point but a search won't get to them as they are not named for what I believe they are ...anti McKay...they are cleverly disguised as episode discussion.

if I am missing the threads you are referring to please send me links to them and I will review them and see if they are a possible match to our thread in question
                            Well like I have all the time in the world... but I am only working so...here

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24076

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24443

Possibly this one...well maybe not but it is close.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ences+of+McKay

You know this one:

I know some people cannot express themselves well, seriously how can you start a thread like this and not have it be seen as Anti-McKay? Please explain that? I also think if we have an Appreciation thread and these threads are not Anti-McKay why have them? Why not just post in the appreciation/discussion thread? I know someone who posted there who was not happy with McKay but we stayed civil and I don't think they were hounded out of the thread.

Comment

That is quite a list! (to Nightwing)
                              We'll look into them, but please keep in mind it may take a few days for changes to appear in public - we like to give people the chance to change them themselves first
                              Also, hitting the report post button on any post of someone with an oversize sig is the best way to report it. Listing screeds of users with big sigs isn't really the purpose of this thread....

Comment

hi there, i have a little problem with the forum. Everything a post in a topic (thread) and i subscribe to the thread it's no where to be found in my subcribed list. I tried several topics but it doesn't seem to be working at all. I hope you guys can help me out with this.

P.S.

I just registered, i don't suppose it has something to do with that?

Comment

Working...
                                X