This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    It depends on the question if it is of a more personal nature to the poster then we may answer you in a more private matter since it really has no relevance to the Forum as a whole. But if it is something that may affect the overall Forum or direct people in some manner we will probably answer it here

We also use this thread to educate members as well
    Ah right, I'm a bit confused then , I asked if the thread in my signature could me moved from the news forum to the general discussion forum as it's asking a question of whether or not people would want to buy SG and SGA from i-tunes, rather than it being a news story.

You replied done but it's still in the news forum ?
    Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

No Andy...I said we would discuss it...and I have presented the issue to the Mod's round table.

You followed-up with another question regarding how we normally answer things and I answered that as a separate issue. I had no idea you were asking the second question as a follow-up to the first

The issue regarding the Poll thread and the I-tunes downloads has been presented for discussion... Not all of us are on at the same time so you do have to give the Moderators time to sign in and read what is currently on the *table* and post their thoughts so we might make a decision.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        No Andy...I said we would discuss it...and I have presented the issue to the Mod's round table.

You followed-up with another question regarding how we normally answer things and I answered that as a separate issue. I had no idea you were asking the second question as a follow-up to the first

The issue regarding the Poll thread and the I-tunes downloads has been presented for discussion... Not all of us are on at the same time so you do have to give the Moderators time to sign in and read what is currently on the *table* and post their thoughts so we might make a decision.
        I see what you mean now, sorry for any confusion.

I think this smile sums up me today.
        Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

Can I get clarification on what 'spamming' is...I have noticed a few people quite actively pushing links to a certain scifi forum... Is this spamming? Or just over eagerness to recruit new members?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Can I get clarification on what 'spamming' is...I have noticed a few people quite actively pushing links to a certain scifi forum... Is this spamming? Or just over eagerness to recruit new members?
            Could you please be more specific?
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

WTF? Whenever I click on the profile of whoever is the last poster in Off topic, I always get exiled masters! Even when it's not him!

EDIT: and now that I report it, it's gone, strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Could you please be more specific?
                I sent you a PM.

Comment

I've got a question which I figure the answer is no, but hey it can't hurt to ask. (and least I hope not )

I just hit 200 posts and the designation under my name changed to Super Soldiers. Now I really really really hate the Super Soldiers.

Is there any way of getting that changed or better yet have the designation removed altogether (not real fond of the other designations I've seen either). I looked in the Edit Options section to see if I could disable that but couldn't find anything.

P.S. I really really hate them.

(I hope some humor is coming across and I don't sound like a jerk. Sometimes you never know how people will interpret posts)
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

User titles are currently set in stone -- no changing or deactivating. It's part of the decoration.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi, I have a question in regards to the ratings for the past few weeks. Where are they? The only response I have heard was that the person responsible for posting them was away on a trip. Couldn't they have had someone else post? Or is this task delegated to just one person? Its just that a lot of people and websites rely on the postings of the ratings here for the info, and it has been 2 weeks with nothing. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by npd2004
                        Hi, I have a question in regards to the ratings for the past few weeks. Where are they? The only response I have heard was that the person responsible for posting them was away on a trip. Couldn't they have had someone else post? Or is this task delegated to just one person? Its just that a lot of people and websites rely on the postings of the ratings here for the info, and it has been 2 weeks with nothing. Thanks for your help.
                        This question was answered two pages back.
                        Originally posted by Darren
                        No ratings data for "Off the Grid," "The Scourge," "The Long Goodbye," or "Coup D'etat" is available yet. We'll publish it as soon as we have it!
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that the ratings information has not been published in 2 straight weeks. What are your sources? Do you have a direct connection to Nielsen, or do you obtain the ratings from another website? Thanks.

Comment

This question might be better suited for "How to Get A Good Rep" as its about my rep points but ...

I SWEAR one of my reps is gone. Is that possible? I swear my last rep was for the_fifth_man or something or other with a small comment.

Is it normal for reps to just disappear? Or am I losing my mind?

Adrianne
                            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

You proabably aren't losing your mind

In the How to get a Good Rep thread myself and others got a bit silly and probably wrote over 150 posts that were off topic. Those have been removed and that point might have been from there.

Now you are going to as me why those had been removed well if someone was new to the forum and trying to get information regarding the rep system, We had diluted the *How To* portion of that thread entirely too much and the New Poster would have been lost. So in defference to the fact that it IS an Informational thread...not a play area for us the posts have been removed and those of use that enjoy bantering back and forth can continue it over in the Off Topic area
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Little old thread needs moving, where to...I have no idea

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24736

Comment

Working...
                                X