This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    they had the accounts for what a 2 weeks or less can't tell me not havng credit for those posts are really that important ??

should just be grateful greg was able to save the old accounts at all
    personally I'm greatful that Greg has been working hard as he can to get the servers working properly. The fact that he found me, Susies, Majorsal, and Atlantis_babe's backup files is aboslutely amazing!! Now I think I personally am all set, I don;t think an account merging would be needed, however my post and rep counts are both still off (they are justified posts mind you, so if I can I'll PM Skydiver with my info and voila, no more problems )

ALL HAIL GREG!!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      I don't think there's a way to merge them although i can ask greg if he has any ideas
      This Greg says it can be done by using a mysql query which sets the value of the posts with the poster_id of the tmp accounts to the poster_id of the real accounts, and running a recount script once that's done.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

we know we saw ....

So how about we get this thread BACK on the topic

Ask the Mods Forum related questions and the MODS answer
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I am very sorry because this is probably an often asked question. I am new here and can’t find a way (no button to push) to edit my posts. Is there a way to do so? Other forums I have been to allow one to edit their posts. Is it because I am on Probie status and that option is not yet available to me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

probies can't edit their posts

we used to allow it, but then spammers would join, post on topic, then edit their posts to put the spam in, so we had to take it away

once you get off probie status, you'll be able to edit your own posts
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              probies can't edit their posts

we used to allow it, but then spammers would join, post on topic, then edit their posts to put the spam in, so we had to take it away

once you get off probie status, you'll be able to edit your own posts
              Thanks Skydiver for your explanation. I will wait till I am off Probie status and will try to get my phrasing/grammar right the first time.

Comment

What are social groups exacally? And, if I join it and decide I don't want to be in that group anymore, can I unjoin? I looked in the FAQ section, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
                Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

they are just, well kinda like social groups often centered around a thread. You know how some of the threads have their own chitchat threads in off topic? they can be like that.

a place to chit chat and socialize.

and yes you can join, unjoin, rejoin at your discretion.

sigpic

Comment

I've been having a problem with trying to view the Cantina thread in Off-Topic Chatter.

I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 120881 bytes) in /home/gwforum/public_html/showthread.php on line 1275

Comment

interesting

not sure what that means, but i'll pass it onto greg

sigpic

Comment

When I try to leave a visitor message by clicking view conversation for SanGate and only SanGate (that I can tell) I get the following:

"Sorry, Franklyn Blaze! You do not have access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If you've recently signed up, your new account may still be awaiting activation. Have you received your validation e-mail?
                        2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                        3. Only advanced members may add items to the Calendar. Check the FAQ for more info."

I don't think I fall into 1, 2 or 3. Halp mee. Also her VM box is missing.
                        Last edited by Franklyn Blaze; 22 November 2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                          When I try to leave a visitor message by clicking view conversation for SanGate and only SanGate (that I can tell) I get the following:

"Sorry, Franklyn Blaze! You do not have access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If you've recently signed up, your new account may still be awaiting activation. Have you received your validation e-mail?
                          2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                          3. Only advanced members may add items to the Calendar. Check the FAQ for more info."

I don't think I fall into 1, 2 or 3. Halp mee. Also her VM box is missing.
                          She may have turned off visitor messages to everyone OR she could have restricted it to *Friends Only*
                          I suggest trying a PM to her if you are friends
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Pm box is full. It's always full. I'll try the friend thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                              Pm box is full. It's always full. I'll try the friend thing though.
                              if you give me a link (via PM) to her profile I will check out the dealio with SanGate's VM

Comment

Where do you go to ask for an extra sci fi show forum on the Sci Fi Stream section of the forums?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X