Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJFavorite View Post
    If we are to believe the previews for next week's episode, I will be a bit disappointed. I was starting to ship Eli/Ginn but with some reservations. I kept thinking in the back of my mind that Ginn was using Eli, 'playing nice, to the LA advantage'. If she is killed, I think there was a great loss of a potential storyline.
    The direction the storyline will likely go is what concerns me. Watching Rush (and likely Elli) spiraling down is not what I would like to watch. Rush spent all of last season coming out of a deep consuming depression and Eli has always been optimistic. Seeing Rush withdraw and Eli crushed will probably be enough for me to decide to seek my entertainment elsewhere. Hopefully I will be wrong but given the severe ratings decline I think the writers may have made a show ending mistake if Ginn and Amanda are found murdered next episode.

Comment

I'm just doing wild speculation, so maybe I don't need spoiler tags? Anyway, better safe than sorry.
      Spoiler:
      I think Simeon isn't in that room for Ginn. He's there for Perry. I think he sniffed out that 'his captors' gained control of Destiny. He sees a new scientist, and suddenly Destiny is executing maneuvers? He thinks Perry figured out how to control Destiny. Or at the very least was essential in gaining control of Destiny. Simeon wants that information.

Comment

If that's what he's after, then that means he's planning another coup.

It can't be good.

But he was after Ginn first before the maneuver, thinking it was Ginn and wouldn't accept her explanation that she was an earth Scientist inhabiting Ginn's body temporarily.

So I am curious to know what he's really after.

I don't think he really knows about the stones.

I do know he is trying to give earth misleading information. And with him going after Ginn so much it makes her look suspicious too.

Comment

So show from finally doing one step forward making another 2 back? Well great! Means I'm quiting stargate as previous series were freakin boring with all that secret love towards Chloe. It's time to officially announce that stargate sucks as never before.
          The cake is a lie...

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I don't think Ginn dies. I think she survives in Perry's body back on Earth. I base this on a quote from Brad Wright in the following interview:

http://tvdeathray.com/2010/09/27/int...iews-season-2/

Basically, one part says the following:

"They have recurring arcs — Mike all through the season and Julie [McNiven (aka Ginn)] too, surprisingly. I say surprisingly because there are events that will make it seem unlikely, but she recurs (laughs)."

Comment

Now 2 shots from the Season 2 trailer have a highly probable context, those shots being the one of Rush pounding and screaming in the hallway and the one of him in the desert with the gun ...

I cannot wait for "Malice".
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                You know, from the viewpoint of the Lucian Alliance, Varro and Ginn are traitors, and Simeon might just be a hero.

It's all a matter of perspective. He might be a true blue patriot for the alliance, willing to do anything to keep his fellow prisoners from betraying their plans, and possibly getting fellow alliance members killed.
                Green, for a balanced viewpoint
                Even though I still can't wait for Simeon to get what's coming to him
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Are we sure its murder? maybe its just a bit of rape? Not to say rape isn't bad, less bad then murder.. though I suppose raping her wouldn't stop her giving earth information...
                  I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    Are we sure its murder? maybe its just a bit of rape? Not to say rape isn't bad, less bad then murder.. though I suppose raping her wouldn't stop her giving earth information...
                    Simeon wouldn't accomplish anything by raping her. His goal is to keep her from giving away something that could hurt the Alliance. With Perry in Ginn's body, that only leaves the one option.

Comment

Now that I think about it, I think that's how Ginn/Perry gets shot.

Simeon goes to Ginn to tell her about misleading earth. I'm uncertain if she's in on the plot, but I'm very suspicious of her and I personally believe that she is although I hope not.. He tells Ginn but is unaware that it's actually Perry, but when he finds out it's actually Perry, he can't let her tell the earth that he's giving them false information, so he shoots her.

Comment

It's odd that some people are calling the possible killing of a love interest in SGU 'soapy' and un-stargate. I was discussing this with a friend who loves SG1 (but not so much SGU) tonight and she said Sam Carter was known as the black widow because all her love interests snuffed it and Daniels love life was a similar disaster area. So this would seem to be very much the traditional stargate way of dealing with romantic entanglements - if that's true did fandom complain it was a soap opera when SG1 did it?

On another point
                        Spoiler:
                        I'd wonder what effect the fact Perry is on a respirator & has a medically trained carer on standby would have when Simeon 'killed' Ginns body while they are swapped. When Young suffocated Rush's body and then revived him it restored both Rush and Telford's bodies -could Perrys body getting revived / kept alive by the respirator meical intervention - restore them both or keep one of them alive?
                        Last edited by kudra; 10 November 2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Screw Stargate SG1 fans. This series needs to attract new viewers or it's going to get cancelled. So what sells is rape, death, drama and throw in some alien technology should make for good viewing.

Maybe we'll see Ginn's half naked body with her throat slit. Now that's good viewing!

Comment

Originally posted by kudra View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I'd wonder what effect the fact Perry is on a respirator & has a medically trained carer on standby would have when Simeon 'killed' Ginns body while they are swapped. When Young suffocated Rush's body and then revived him it restored both Rush and Telford's bodies -could Perrys body getting revived / kept alive by the respirator meical intervention - restore them both or keep one of them alive?
                            Spoiler:
                            Maybe the people on Earth's end, likely having kept Ginn at Homeworld Command for questioning, saw something going wrong and pulled the link in time to at least keep Perry alive but in a coma or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              I have to coin this incident:

Two birds with one stone.
                              That's an utterly terrible and despicable pun. Mental green because it wouldn't let me give you the real stuff. Well played!

[edit]
                              Maybe the last few seconds of the ep is just Simeon dreaming.

But seriously, the "Ginn somehow survives in Amanda's body" idea has merit. Firstly it really messes with things a lot in a braintwisting manner, and asks interesting questions like whether or not Ginn is better off being on Earth but without mobility (and without Eli). Secondly, I've seen the question of what happens if someone dies while linked to the stones asked a few times by fans and the answers tend to be "as far as we know" type answers, not a categorical "both definitely die" answer. Also the script from Earth leaves it open:
                              WALLACE: Look, I hate to go there, but what happens if they screw up and the ship explodes?
                              YOUNG: Most likely we will die here, too.
                              See, they don't know for certain what happens, which leads me to believe that we're being set up to expect both to die but the twist will be that they don't. And now I've ruined the surprise
                              Last edited by Eternal Density; 10 November 2010, 02:51 PM.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

IMO it was a very good episode and while I enjoyed watching the episode, it failed to leave me wanting more (aside from wanting Simeon killed). And if Ginn is on her way out then I am left wondering what was the point to having her around in the first place. You finally establish a relationship in a positive sense for Eli and let it last one episode?

I also disagree that if either or both of Ginn and Amanda were to die that it brings about a sense of "no character is safe" for the show. Much more like no guest star is safe, but the main characters are safe. Killing off Wray or Rush would bring that sense, but we all know they aren't going for it. The main characters have too much plot armor for that to happen. For example, my opinon of Supernatural, Dean, Sam, Castiel, and Bobby are safe, but whatever guest star, especially if female is going to die in 3-5 episodes like clockwork.

The next issue with making a liked character in the manner they did with Ginn (Good looking, damsel in distress, falls for the nice guy) and then having something horrible happen to her is a great risk. While I admire them for taking the risk (but not if they did it to two at once), if it blows up in their face by ratings bottoming out, SGU could be cancelled. At that point it becomes a foolish decision, which is why a lot of shows don't do it often or at all.

And with SG1/Atlantis comparisons, well they are here to stay. Especially when you factor in that we basically had Season 6 Atlantis traded for SGU.

Comment

Working...
                                X