No announcement yet.

Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Simeon was very clear about his intentions, so there was no surprise that he succeeded (poor girls and probably poor guard). This will be very harsh for Eli (as it clear it was first such kind relationship for him with human being which are smartpants as he is, we can see clearly that he is so connected...), this stuff does happen - and lot more that you would wish to think. Ok, I know, there goes another 'but I watch Stargate for escapism, keep Real Life [tm] out of there' thing, but SGU is different animal. You should seen this by now. Will they fail with this or will they succeed - it's their own thing entirely, but I can only admit that it is very brave and truthful - and I really love it (as much I loved SGA and SG-1). Do you seriously thing that we should go back to cartoonishness and 'reset button' style of SG-1 and SGA? I think Stargate problem was that concept itself outgrown comedy/adventure frame. So while SGA S5 was kinda cool, it felt bored, it felt rushed, they seemingly were tired to try the same things over and over again. One episode which clearly stood out was 'Vegas' and even then it had very real life essence. Interesting what I liked from SGA S4 and S5 was...character development!

Anyway, while killing Ginn and Perry is huge blow to morale to both sides of screens, it came natural. Simeon is nutts and don't care about anyone but LA. He, like Rush, believes in his mission and fullfills it (yes, killing Ginn so she can't give intel includes just that). So yes, it's sad (and I'm frickin sad), but I understand that it isn't just to screw with our supergeeks. It will give them human edge and it will be interesting how human Rush will become of this - or even more, how much introvert he will become. The same goes to Eli. Afaik some interesting notions would be that they both start in opposite directions and meet in the middle - and then there is some kind of geek's showdown.

Comment

I get why you deliberately try to make your audience like/love a character just to kill him/her off soon after. Sure, it brings emotions, but those cheap ones. Like a cheap date, theres no quality to it and it does fall in the soap opera section of making drama. I can understand someone dumping this show because of that kind of writing.

Comment

It's kind of pathetic. In order to set up this drama, they had to give Young the brain of a two-year-old, in a ship of 6 year-year-olds, and expect the audience to be dumb enough to swallow everything.

Why Greer wasn't keeping an eye on Simeon, and why he didn't still have two guards on him, are things that just won't be answered; they're hoping we'll overlook that; "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" which would be the man directing the plot conveniently.

And why Simeon even takes this action is beyond stupid, too. But they need to set up good drama, cuz SGU needs to be darker and edgier, and killing people does that! What the writers haven't figured out, is that a single death is tragic; a million are a statistic. The more people you kill, the less it affects your audience. They just got done killing Riley using a somewhat unbelievable manner to do it. And now they are doing it again.

I'm keeping a wall nearby so I can bang my head on it.

Comment

This is good news....eli getting her was ridiculous at best.

And seeing them every week would have gotten irritating.

Comment

@Kaiphantom

You're jumping to conclusions. All we've seen in the latest episode is Simeon entering Perry's room. That's all. Previews and trailers tend to be deceptive.

Comment

Why Greer wasn't keeping an eye on Simeon, and why he didn't still have two guards on him, are things that just won't be answered; they're hoping we'll overlook that; "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" which would be the man directing the plot conveniently.
              Greer has other things to do. Simeon-baiting is just a side project. And maybe, just maybe, Simeon killed or slipped past his guards or something... I know I know, silly of me to make a logical assumption out of a yet-unexplained situation instead of going for the "everybody's an idiot" option, but there we have it...

And why Simeon even takes this action is beyond stupid, too. But they need to set up good drama, cuz SGU needs to be darker and edgier, and killing people does that! What the writers haven't figured out, is that a single death is tragic; a million are a statistic. The more people you kill, the less it affects your audience. They just got done killing Riley using a somewhat unbelievable manner to do it. And now they are doing it again.
              It's okay man, let me explain to you how crazy people like me can make it make sense: One, Simeon is bats. That's a good start. Two, he knows everybody else is betraying the Alliance, and he doesn't like that. So, when he figures out Ginn's about to do the same (Tenfold, if the info leads to thwarting the attack on Earth), he does something drastic with the opportunity presented with Perry being Ginn's body and thus being a bit more defenceless. Now here's my crazy pondering: what's next for the guy? I gotta wonder if his plan is to covertly go around and attempt to kill all of his LA buddies before they can betray the group for good, or if he's just going to kill everybody on the ship...

Wait, no. That doesn't make sense, even the slightest bit, to me. I should go bang my head on a wall. Sounds like a plan!

Riley died in a shuttle crash caused by Rush not fully understanding the bridge right off the bat. Yes, it would be far more believable if he got killed by an alien or something! Maybe we should've brought in the Wraith to kill him all dramatic-like. That would've made sense!
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                I would have to strongly disagree with that. First of all Simeon is nuts. It was quite clear that he is very dedicated to the LA mission and LA itself, while others seemingly had no other choice (or had serious lack of choice). He would die for LA and his attitude clearly shows it. So when he putted bullseye on Ginn, it was quite clear what will happen to poor girl (without reading spoilers or information about actress contracts). No two or three guards will stop this maniac - he will do what he has to do and he will succeed. Yes, he will die in retribution or while trying to kill girl, but he doesn't care.

And don't get me started about Riley - it was realistic as it can be. Yes, people die in such situations. No, there is no miracle teleportation out of damaged ship this time. Life sucks.

Comment

Greer has other things to do. Simeon-baiting is just a side project.
                  I don't buy that; Greer SHOULD have stickied to him from the moment he saw Simeon bullying Perry - he knew that Simeon was aware of Perry's presence in Ginn's body, and SHOULD have kept an eye on him now more than ever before.

It's all lame excuses to kill them ¬¬

As bad is may have been, Riley's death was better explained ¬¬
                  One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                  sigpic
                  Sith Nazghul

Comment

Ok, I'm going to feel awful if I'm the only one who thought this, but given Simeon's extremely questionable interactions with other women on the ship (TJ, when she has to give him the epic wristhold of pain to get him to bow to her greatness, and whatever we are supposed to believe he said to Park in place of "Try the carrots"), my response to Simeon going into Ginn's room wasn't just "Hey, he's gonna kill her", but "Hey, he's gonna rape her and kill her".

Maybe I just watched to much Prison Break (sorry Robert Knepper! I shouldn't be typecasting you, you are a great actor).
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

The fact that Simeon wasn't dumped on random planet xyz with the rest the LA never made sense anyways. Shoot him and get it over with.

Have Rush do it, shrug. Have Young do it, shrug. Nobody is really gonna care.

Now Eli putting him down... that would be a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                        I don't buy that; Greer SHOULD have stickied to him from the moment he saw Simeon bullying Perry - he knew that Simeon was aware of Perry's presence in Ginn's body, and SHOULD have kept an eye on him now more than ever before.
                        Yeah, while that's true, and maybe Greer slipped up or something (It's not like he wasn't overconfident in handling Simeon or anything), most of my point was that we haven't seen Malice yet, which'll take place immediately after this... And maybe, oh maybe, everything'll get explained by then and we'll see a dead guard or something.

There are lamer ways to kill them. Exploding tumours.

The fact that Simeon wasn't dumped on random planet xyz with the rest the LA never made sense anyways. Shoot him and get it over with.
                        My bet was the fact that he was lying about the LA info... and he would've embellished too. Would've made himself look really good to avoid getting cut off.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Somebody tell me why they kept Simeon in the first place, cause apparently, each LA individual that stayed on Destiny supposedly had something to offer, contribute, to the "mission", but him, i fail to see how he was selected.

If every LA member decided to cooperate and become part of the crew, why didnt any of them said anything to Simeon earlier, and why any of them, especially Varro, noticed Young that Simeon would become a serious problem?

If the girls die, all this couldve been prevented, not by Destinys crew, but by better writers. That means they are being killed to further a stupid drama plot instead of being kept alive to further a scifi story. I remind you, two advanced scientist are about to die so that Young, Rush and Eli can bond further together, something that wouldve happened naturally eventually for "the greater good".

Very bad writing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            There are lamer ways to kill them. Exploding tumours.
                            You know, every time someone on Gateworld says the words "exploding tumors", a fairy dies. True story.
                            Last edited by carmencatalina; 10 November 2010, 07:43 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

(QR)

So, I do not like the idea of killing off Ginn. Perry not so worried about, her death is inevitable anyway, but Ginn, too soon TPTB, Too soon...
                              Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                                Have Rush do it, shrug. Have Young do it, shrug. Nobody is really gonna care.

Now Eli putting him down... that would be a game changer.
                                Agreed completely. We know that killing is in the charecter of Young, Rush, and Greer. Right now, the general concensus about Eli is that he's something less than that.

Rush killing Simeon is good. Eli killing Simeon would be better if only for two reasons. One, Eli changes one way or another. Two, it frustrates Rush and creeps everyone out a little bit. More bang for your buck. They wouldn't expect him to do it either. If he does it after Young tells him to "let them handle it" even better.

I would like to know where all this pro-Ginn sentiment is coming from, simply because as a charecter she wasn't very fleshed out. She liked math, Eli, and killed an LA member... but outside of that, I didn't really feel like we knew her well. I'm sorry for Eli and a bit sorry for myself because I love Julie McNiven, but what gives? If you're going to quit watching every time someone gets killed in a drama, I'd stick to comedy. Trust me, drama's not your thing. And I think the "why didn't they kill Wray instead" sentiment is crossing over from mildly amusing to irrational antipathy.

Comment

Working...
                                X