No announcement yet.

Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We kinda knew she was not going to be "on screen" atleast or killed of based on her contract. Kinda a big give away there.

I also hate to see her go out of all the LA members she was my favorite. As it is with Stargate no one is ever truly dead there is always alternate universes, clones, etc.

Comment

Hey! I got it right!

But honestly, that was so obvious. Of course Gin and Amanda are going to die. God knows the writers spend some time and actually work on developing characters that makes the show *gasp* a little bit happier and less depressing.

Remember when Brad Wright said that the second season was going to be a be less depressing and more adventurous and light-hearted like Stargate is supposed? Great way to start that by killing off three very likable characters that took away from the depressing tone of the show.

Honestly, at the predictable and by the numbers pace they're going, I'm honestly not going to be too sad when the show gets canceled in a few weeks. There's a reason why SGU's lost over half its audience, and it's not because they consistently forget to turn on their TVs.
      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Frankly, I'm glad that they have the stones to kill off characters that people are invested in. Most shows will never, ever make this kind of move because it rocks the boat too much. These are the kinds of things that really set this show apart from the other SG shows, and I like it.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I have to coin this incident:

Two birds with one stone.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Rush is gonna be super pissed at Eli....
            Greer is gonna be pissed at Simeons guard, (you see that eye he gave him *watch it buddy...*)
            Young is gonna be pissed at rush
            Eli is gonna be super pissed at Camille for letting Ginn switch with Perry

The episodes climax had things look to be settling down, then all of a sudden, everyone is gonna be super pissed at each other allll over again.

Awesome

Comment

WHY? Why cant they kill Camille Wray instead? WHY?

Comment

I was hoping that we'd get to know Ginn more. It's something that could have been expanded to a greater detail. Plus, the relationship between Ginn and Eli seemed more organic and realistic than the other Stargate relationships which have been rather flat. Same with Mandy, but oh well. Maybe this in itself is not the end for them though. It's sci-fi after all. It could be that they'll retcon this and make it so that Ginn is in Mandy's body and still alive, or Mandy is still alive but Ginn is gone because her body is gone. Who knows, but if they prove popular enough, they could always be brought back in some way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
                  I was hoping that we'd get to know Ginn more. It's something that could have been expanded to a greater detail. Plus, the relationship between Ginn and Eli seemed more organic and realistic than the other Stargate relationships which have been rather flat. Same with Mandy, but oh well. Maybe this in itself is not the end for them though. It's sci-fi after all. It could be that they'll retcon this and make it so that Ginn is in Mandy's body and still alive, or Mandy is still alive but Ginn is gone because her body is gone. Who knows, but if they prove popular enough, they could always be brought back in some way or another.
                  I like both Ginn and Mandy. However, it takes real guts to build up good likable characters like the two of them and Riley and then kill them off. It creates real emotional impact for the characters and for the audience. More importantly, we have irrevocable actions that are followed up by irrevocable consequences. I'm elated that we're not seeing a big reset button with something like this. That and from a realism perspective, it's always seems to be the really nice ones that end up being victims. God I hate that truism but I've seen it too many times in real life.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    I like both Ginn and Mandy. However, it takes real guts to build up good likable characters like the two of them and Riley and then kill them off. It creates real emotional impact for the characters and for the audience. More importantly, we have irrevocable actions that are followed up by irrevocable consequences. I'm elated that we're not seeing a big reset button with something like this. That and from a realism perspective, it's always seems to be the really nice ones that end up being victims. God I hate that truism but I've seen it too many times in real life.
                    Yeah, but the problem with that argument is you then end up killing every new character that's gotten a lot of focus recently. Eventually, you learn that if a character has a lot of focus, but has really contributed very little like both Ginn and Riley, then they're going to die. There's got to be moments where a beloved character sacrifices them self for the others. It would have been a better send off.

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
                      Yeah, but the problem with that argument is you then end up killing every new character that's gotten a lot of focus recently. Eventually, you learn that if a character has a lot of focus, but has really contributed very little like both Ginn and Riley, then they're going to die. There's got to be moments where a beloved character sacrifices them self for the others. It would have been a better send off.
                      And then that's when the writers and producers pull off an even more gutsy move: eliminate one of the main characters through that sacrifice.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                        Hey! I got it right!

But honestly, that was so obvious. Of course Gin and Amanda are going to die. God knows the writers spend some time and actually work on developing characters that makes the show *gasp* a little bit happier and less depressing.

Remember when Brad Wright said that the second season was going to be a be less depressing and more adventurous and light-hearted like Stargate is supposed? Great way to start that by killing off three very likable characters that took away from the depressing tone of the show.

Honestly, at the predictable and by the numbers pace they're going, I'm honestly not going to be too sad when the show gets canceled in a few weeks. There's a reason why SGU's lost over half its audience, and it's not because they consistently forget to turn on their TVs.
                        I understand and can appreciated your sentiments. Imo it always comes down to whether you like SGU's style or not. SGU is not SG-1 or SGA. And unfortunately, given the precipitous ratings drop from last season much of the Stargate viewer ship seems likely to share the viewpoint that SGU is too depressing and have already voted with their feet.

Spoiler:
                        If Ginn/Amanda dies in the next episode which seems likely then this may be the proverbial stake that kills off the "the show is too soapy" faction of the fan base; permanently driving them away from the series.
                        Last edited by Blackhole; 10 November 2010, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                          Rush is gonna be super pissed at Eli....
                          Greer is gonna be pissed at Simeons guard, (you see that eye he gave him *watch it buddy...*)
                          Young is gonna be pissed at rush
                          Eli is gonna be super pissed at Camille for letting Ginn switch with Perry

The episodes climax had things look to be settling down, then all of a sudden, everyone is gonna be super pissed at each other allll over again.

Awesome
                          I think its more like Rush will be pissed at Simeon, Greer will be pissed at Simeon, Young will be pissed at Simeon, and Eli will be pissed at Simeon. Simeon seems like the kind of guy who doesn't mind dying, so i hope they do something worse than death to him, maybe like they can chain him up in some room in destiny and anytime anyone is pissed off or wants to have fun they can just go there and beat him up and torture him or do random crap to him.

Comment

Why they didn't imprison Simeon I have no clue, but if it does turn out that they die, I'm not sure if I'll watch SGU anymore.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I'm not convinced that both of them will die.

Comment

Why does everyone want someone 'else' killed off! How 'bout we stay sad for the rest of the season about Riley, and the writers leave everyone else alone!?
                                sigpic
                                Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                                O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                                Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                                O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Working...
                                X