No announcement yet.

Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand what people are so upset about? This seemed perfectly placed to me...Simeon and the other members of the LA have been feeding Earth misinformation and Simeon took out Gin for getting to close to the Destiny Crew....how is that a cop out and not the logical path it should take?

Is it because there wasn't any juvenile comic relief inbetween?
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

they're killing gin?
      C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
        I don't understand what people are so upset about? This seemed perfectly placed to me...Simeon and the other members of the LA have been feeding Earth misinformation and Simeon took out Gin for getting to close to the Destiny Crew....how is that a cop out and not the logical path it should take?

I think a group of people seem to think he was wandering around unsupervised... when he had a guard earlier who was suspiciously absent at the end... So why don't we logically assume that maybe he killed the guard or something? For a show people have complained about being too simple, they seem to miss general assumptions...
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          I think a group of people seem to think he was wandering around unsupervised... when he had a guard earlier who was suspiciously absent at the end... So why don't we logically assume that maybe he killed the guard or something? For a show people have complained about being too simple, they seem to miss general assumptions...
          Agreed. Why would a story make us think when it can jusy tell us or show us what to think?
          "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

From the first time Simeon went to speak to Ginn in the ep, I felt that she was marked for death. But I wasn't expecting it to be left on a cliffhanger like this.

The tragic thing is that it's "totally avoidable" to borrow Rush's words.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post

You really think that others besides Simeon were feeding misinformation? I believed that Simeon was on his own in sticking to LA values. It'd be great if Varro is the one that kills Simeon, for the obvious reason (in my opinion ) that Varro belongs on the "good side". I just think that Simeon is a lone wolf who is going down next week.

Oh, but it would also be great if Greer is the one that caps him. Varro or Greer.
              sigpic
              Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
              O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
              Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
              O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I have to coin this incident:

Two birds with one stone.
                %^*$ off !!!

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                  Rush is gonna be super pissed at Eli....
                  I don't see how any of this is Eli's fault.

Greer is gonna be pissed at Simeons guard, (you see that eye he gave him *watch it buddy...*)
                  I bet Simeon's guard is found dead.

Comment

After last nights episode I don't think I'll enjoy SGU nearly as much as I have in the past. Eli is one of my favorite characters in all of Stargate. The fact they went through all the trouble to create Ginn and Eli relationship and then kill off Ginn in the span of only 2 episodes, makes it completely obvious that the only reason was to screw up Eli more and show off the whole no character is safe thing. Only problem is that eventually no ones will care about any of the characters. Right now only character I would care if they killed anymore is Eli. I like all the scientists on the show, but they are secondary characters so I'd not be surprised anymore if in any given episode they will die. Greer, Wray, Rush, Scott, Young can all die too at this point.
                    sigpic
                    Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

We have to assume Simeon's guard is dead or unconscious, anything else would seem silly. What I don't understand is why they haven't dropped him on a rock, put a bullet to him or at least chained him up. All he does is stalk around making "I'm gonna kill you" eyes at everyone.

As for the "who will die?" conundrum, didn't we see with daniel and vala being burned alive that both people linked by stones would die if one is killed?
                      "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Why are we even speculating about this? It was right in the promo for next week's episode that Ginn will die. Simeon saw Ginn with Mandy in her body. If Mandy dies, Ginn dies. Game over.

You guys should really learn how to watch TV. You're NEVER supposed to get attached to a character. They can get killed off at any time. Heck, didn't Daniel get killed off three times, once before the series even started?

Comment

Originally posted by James71 View Post
                          I bet Simeon's guard is found dead.
                          I believe it's in the episode description now as well.

Comment

I believe it would create a more interesting situation if Ginn survived in Perry's body.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                              I believe it's in the episode description now as well.
                              Major Spoiler - Next Episode Description from Wikepedia:

Spoiler:
                              Malice:

Simeon makes his escape from Destiny after killing Ginn/Amanda Perry, sending Nicholas Rush on a vengeful mission. But Young and Greer attempt to retrieve Simeon unharmed. According to actress Julia Benson; "there are high stakes and lots of good action. There is also some great stuff between Rush and Simeon.
                              Last edited by Blackhole; 10 November 2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                If Ginn/Amanda dies in the next episode which seems likely then this may be the proverbial stake that kills off the "the show is too soapy" faction of the fan base; permanently driving them away from the series.
                                But what is happening isn't 'soapy'. At all. Anyone who completely gives up on the franchise, because they consider what is happening in these two episodes as 'soapy' is just looking for a reason to give up and was never going to like it anyway. It's one of the most silly complaints I've heard leveled at the show yet, the soap opera insults are literally becoming bewildering now.

EDIT: Oh, and I wouldn't trust the wiki spoiler, not yet anyway. It can be edited by anyway.

They could still pull a 180 with Perry.

Comment

Working...
                                X