This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgc View Post
    beamed out.. (jk). Maybe he was on the seed ship...
    Rush was on the bridge at the end
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Probably had a hard time getting through the crowds.

Comment

Good to see Young sitting in the commander's chair on the bridge.

Also, are none of those guys on guard duty actually on guard ... when somebody like Chloe (even in her changing state) can incapacitate her guard and escape? Seriously, are they all so easily caught off guard like that?

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
          By the way. Where was Rush at the end of this episode??
          maybe he found the battle bridge
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This episode was nothing but awesome, it sure did fit my space battle quota for this season!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Good to see Young sitting in the commander's chair on the bridge.

Also, are none of those guys on guard duty actually on guard ... when somebody like Chloe (even in her changing state) can incapacitate her guard and escape? Seriously, are they all so easily caught off guard like that?
              Gotta admit, you wouldn't expect Chloe to suddenly strike out like that.

Comment

There was a lot of great stuff in this episode: The music when Greer and Brody were jumping onto the alien ship, Kung Fu Chloe, Rush calling out Eli, Telford showing up with the Ursini, a big space battle, flying into the sun, another big space battle...

I liked getting the backstory for the Ursini. It would've been nice if they'd gotten a little more screen time than that though.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Good episode, should be what SGU is about. If they'd actually fix the ship.

10+ months to fix one space suit = lame
                  Combustion based weaponry in space = lame
                  Complaining about it being to quiet in the VACUUM of space = lame

Just enough at the end? Just enough to make us think that it's just another ship simulation. Just how long is this mid-season break? three months again? Wasn't that the "full season break"? Will we see reruns between here and there? Or three plus months of american pickers. Or is Martha Stewart moving to Syfy?

On the plus side, finally have a bluray player. As I wonder if space hunter 2300 is on bluray? Or cleopatra 2525?

Comment

So, lets say that Destiny does help the Ursini out with their battle (which Destiny has no choice now, unless Chloe did something??), will the Ursini give Destiny the power it requires to dial Earth? - What would happen if they did dial Earth?

I can see some VERY interesting developments ahead. Though, I guess it's possible that Chloe did something and we lose the Ursini for a later episode as we repair the ship.

I give the episode a 10/10
                    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                    Spoiler:
                    *beep*
                    Young: "What the hell was that?"
                    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                      So, lets say that Destiny does help the Ursini out with their battle (which Destiny has no choice now, unless Chloe did something??), will the Ursini give Destiny the power it requires to dial Earth? - What would happen if they did dial Earth?

I can see some VERY interesting developments ahead. Though, I guess it's possible that Chloe did something and we lose the Ursini for a later episode as we repair the ship.

I give the episode a 10/10

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if we catch up with the Ursini in at least a few episodes to dial Earth. We may have contact with them in between these parts, but the dialing of Earth will probably happen in S3.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                        Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if we catch up with the Ursini in at least a few episodes to dial Earth. We may have contact with them in between these parts, but the dialing of Earth will probably happen in S3.
                        I'm thinking that too. In fact, it might be the S2.5 cliff hanger. Destiny under attack and dialling Earth, some people start walking through and then the credits come up
                        SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                        SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                        ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                        Spoiler:
                        *beep*
                        Young: "What the hell was that?"
                        Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

In my opinion, the best episode of the season. It's really a shame that they finally put out a good ep that would make me want to start supporting the show again, but now it's finally too late to do anything about making sure there is a third season. However, at least we'll get the conclusion to this two parter... in four months. Oy vey; I generally prefer mid season breaks to be much shorter. Anyway, on to the ep.

I liked the nice touch at the start, with everyone not knowing exactly what the yare doing on the bridge, and needing Rush to bail them out. It puts an interesting emphasis on Rush's earlier logic about keeping the bridge hidden, because he needed to understand everything before they got their paws on it. I liked his pep talk to Eli, and in fact, his general concern for Eli. He sees someone with potential, and in his own way, he's trying to nurture it because he's been there. If I'm right about Eli ultimately being the one to save the crew at the end of the fifth season and get them back to Earth, then it'll only be because Rush helped him.

I'm liking the Ursini; they did a bit of a double-cross and so I dislike them for that, but I can understand why. They make a good addition. I just wish I had more backstory about this war and enemy, but I suppose that will come. Obviously, they won't be able to dial Earth even if they destroy the command ship, so I'm speculating that the seed ship gets destroyed, and perhaps one or two of the aliens end up on Destiny, and eventually become part of the crew. Interested in knowing how they managed to track Destiny, especially given that it went off course. But I'm assuming ancient ships can track each other.

Figured Telford would be back; big question is what will happen to him at the end of the second part. He's not going to be a regular, obviously, so he either dies or goes with the Ursini.

And then Chloe, and to a lesser degree, Scott. First hint of realism since Scott is pulling away, but perhaps doesn't want to look like he is. Chloe accepting what's happening to her, which would be a good character moment... if I could be sure it was really Chloe there, and not because she's under the influence.

One last speculated point: Someone on JM's blog asked if it could be possible Destiny might have some prototype drones. JM seemed to hint that it was a possibility. My thought is that Chloe is activating those, and in the next episode, Destiny will release it's complement of drone prototypes to destroy the ships. The Ursini will be afraid of redocking, and will just take off with the seed ship (since they obviously can't redock to help people dial Earth). Could even be a sort of drone factory on the ship.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more it would have made sense for the Ancients to include some form of raw material retrieval capability on Destiny. They did so for the seed ships, in order to manufacture gates. Destiny should have something like that as well, to repair sections of the ship as needed. Like refueling in the sun, some capability to munch on asteroids or something. I'm guessing that's a capability they will discover and reactivate later, since if you send a ship off and expect it to travel for millions of years, you'll need a way for it to get raw materials to repair itself.

Well, this ended up being mostly speculation, but I like that they finally had some sort of urgency to the situation. I really hate it when it's episode after episode of slow plot development, under the guise of character development. Those really need to be interspersed between episodes where things actually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                            I'm thinking that too. In fact, it might be the S2.5 cliff hanger. Destiny under attack and dialling Earth, some people start walking through and then the credits come up
                            I bet you an Air ZPM that that will happen exactly to the letter.

Comment

You don't really think the show could be cancelled after this episode?
                              They'll probably run off the rest of this season, but it's gonna be tough to get another season.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I still find it a little heartless with Rush saying he and Eli are better then other people. What made him judge and jury?
                              They are the smartest two people on the ship.

By the way. Where was Rush at the end of this episode??
                              He stumbled onto the bridge during the battle a little while after Eli.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              This episode was nothing but awesome, it sure did fit my space battle quota for this season!
                              A big space battle was long overdue. It's a shame the episode had to end right in the middle of it.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                They'll probably run off the rest of this season, but it's gonna be tough to get another season.

They are the smartest two people on the ship.

He stumbled onto the bridge during the battle a little while after Eli.

A big space battle was long overdue. It's a shame the episode had to end right in the middle of it.
                                Depends what you mean by intelligence. It comes in many forms. Even if that is so it doesn't make you better then someone else.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X