This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
    I agree. Why did they attack before the FTL drive was repaired.
    How could you miss the various dialogues before the actual space fight in which they very openly said they were double-crossed by the Ursini? The seeder ship dropped out of FTL in the proximity of the contral station, and as Destinys FTL was in no working order, they had no chance but to fight..
    Any sufficiently advanced race is indistinguishable from god.

(..to any insufficiently advanced race)

Comment

It can't be compared to the like of "Lost City". It was a good episode but somehow it left me teh impression that the writers don't know yet how to blend harmoniously the drama with the hardcore action. Awakening did a better job at that IMO. Also the humor seemed a little forced. I personally think they have a long way to go till they discover the epic recipe for SGU. Still, a very good episode, the show seems to be going in the right direction.
      "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
        This episode wasn't even close to epic, because of dozen plot holes. I consider episode "Threads" to be pure epic.
        For me the pure epic was "Be All My Sins Remember'd". Fran also added a nice sci-fi emotional edge to the episode.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The swooping in of the seed ship reminded me of Lost City and the 302's.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            For me the pure epic was "Be All My Sins Remember'd". Fran also added a nice sci-fi emotional edge to the episode.
            People are different I've always found stargate ship battles to be unintresting to me. I prefer planet based action, or strong emotional episodes like "Threads", or mixes of action and drama like "Time", "Malice", The Greater Good" and "Vegas" + I don't like Mallozzi's style of writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
              People are different I've always found stargate ship battles to be unintresting to me. I prefer planet based action, or strong emotional episodes like "Threads", or mixes of action and drama like "Time", "Malice", The Greater Good" and "Vegas" + I don't like Mallozzi's style of writing.
              That's what I just said "Be All My Sins Remember'd" was about sneaking into the replicator homeworld and plant Fran. The Fran character was wonderful and add an nice emotional edge to the episode.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I wasn't a huge fan of this ep, not sure exactly why. Perhaps the 'cliffhanger' wasn't a really big draw - it's far too predictable.

I'm glad they referenced the events of gin/perry dying, I had the feeling last week that the episodes were written/shown out of order since they didn't reference it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Rush was on the bridge at the end
                  Yes, But where was he when Young asked Eli "Where Is Rush"?. Eli said "I don't have a clue". Then Rush walked onto the bridge the last few seconds of the episode.

Comment

On Rush there are a couple of possibilities I can think of with Eli:

1) Rush is working with Camille to help Eli through tough love to help him deal with his emotions.

2) Rush is just being a jerk.

3) Rush is a mole who is working for some aliens who recognized Eli's importance (whatever that importance is) and is eliminating all of Eli's friends through "accidents" and through other people. First Chloe, then Riley, then Ginn.

And then when Eli breaks, they'll get him off ship where the aliens can kidnap him and use his genius to help them figure out the Destiny and use it to take over the universe!

I like that one!

But in any case of numbers one and two, Rush had better be careful. If Eli reaches a breaking point it could backfire on him, and badly.

Comment

It's not a big thing. But did anybody notice when the Destiny was in the sun it opened up some kind of blue valves on the ship downside surface. Was it the same valve they used in Darkness/Light to refuel the ship energy?

I don't remember how the Destiny ship looked when it was recharging in the sun.

Comment

As far as I know they didn't show those devices before.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                          It's not a big thing. But did anybody notice when the Destiny was in the sun it opened up some kind of blue valves on the ship downside surface. Was it the same valve they used in Darkness/Light to refuel the ship energy?

I don't remember how the Destiny ship looked when it was recharging in the sun.
                          Actually, I did. I thought there was something different about how Destiny deployed the refueling intakes. I will have to go back and look at the previous show from season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                            Actually, I did. I thought there was something different about how Destiny deployed the refueling intakes. I will have to go back and look at the previous show from season 1.
                            Yes. I did. I think it had something to do with refueling, since something similar was used early on when Destiny first flew through a sun.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                              Yes, But where was he when Young asked Eli "Where Is Rush"?. Eli said "I don't have a clue". Then Rush walked onto the bridge the last few seconds of the episode.
                              Practicing his evil laugh. Seriously I don't see an sneaky motive for RUsh to be gone like he has in the past
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Aliens!
                                Drones!
                                Space battles!
                                Rush's speech!
                                Telford's back!
                                Varro's helping!
                                Chloe unleashed!
                                Bat-Signal!

Great episode!
                                Last edited by Lainier; 02 December 2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X