What is Rush up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    This makes me wonder if he already KNEW of her condition and did nothing about it, just for this situation.. AND planned that room just for this occurance.

Which makes me fear for young should they ever DO get down to playing chess.
    Planned for? Wouldnt put it past him, but I think he probably had a very good idea probably because of his own condition attributed to his time with the aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
      Putting Chloe in the chair was just stupid and Young was crazy to believe that garbage excuse about eliminating alien matter. They were so worried about the alien in Chloe studying the ship that they locked her up and then they stuck her in the machine which gives you mental control over the whole damn thing (if used properly) - Young should have seen that Rush had another reason for putting her in the chair. I think he wanted to give her more information about the ship so he could use her to gain better control.
      I think it was cause TJ also spoke up, AND brody was nodding in agreement, that young gave in to the idea.

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
      Agreed Rush isnt sleeping either and driving himself till exhaustion, thats not going to do much good for his mental state either.

It will be interesting to see if Chloe can now see the ships manifestations, having been plonked into the chair - no bloody temples for her, perhaps a sign of her metamorphosis?
      Well, we know how Rush was when he was jonsing from cafeen and nicoteen.. So sleep deprevation is not out of the equation.

As to chloe.. i doubt that 2-3 seconds she was there did enough of anything to put her mind into the system. Especially since BOTH brody and rush were monitoring what was going on.

Originally posted by Aurora24 View Post

The whole thing with Chloe, however, is going beyond what could be considered justifiable. Chloe is changing in a way that no one understands. Rush claiming she is cured not only puts Chloe in quite a bit of unknown danger, but potentially puts him and everyone on the ship in danger if what she changes into becomes a threat.
      Agreed. A big part of me is hoping this incident, is the big one that comes back to bite him in the ass.. As to the damage, it would be interesting if he some how manages to reverse it to learn of the blues and THEIR tech.

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
      Yeah, more convinced now that Rush is talking to the ship, in a manner of speaking. But even if he isn't, the fact that he's inwardly questioning his actions, shows he's more sane than anyone else aboard. Probably helps that deep down, he knows he's doing the right thing.
      Something giving visuals to his deep subconscious? Interesting theory.

Comment

Too bad that everyone will pretty much realize that Rush was right all along when knowledge of the bridge and the ship's mission become known. In light of that, Rush has been doing the right thing all along. ;p
        From the Spoilers,
        Spoiler:
        yes it seems he is right, but that also only shows Young agreeing to it. Who is to know whether the rest of the crew are let into the 'secret'

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
          And his ego won't let him ask for help, this it's why I hate Rush, he doesn't care how much people die or the sacrifices he makes just to get what he wants, he doesn't want to get them home, he wants Destiny for himself.
          But that's been established for quite some time... It's the reason he dialled the ninth chevron rather than earth - he wanted to control the other side. At least the ship/the control chair/his descent into madness is creating a kind of conscience that is constantly reminding him of the necessity of asking for help...

the men cheered, the women fainted, the children waved multicoloured flags !!!!

Comment

I think I'm leaning to the fact that the "hallucinations" are actually leftovers from the chair experience. That it has somehow linked him to the ship. Case in point: Rush has only ever "hallucinated" on the bridge; why hasn't he seen them anywhere else?

So, Rush isn't crazy, or sociopathic, or psychopathic. He's functioning on a logical, pragmatic decision-making process. One that is possibly altered by torture, lack of sleep, possible alien modification, and the ship having some effect on his mind as well.

In that light, it's hard to blame him for much. Especially since, legally speaking, he's innocent of any involvement in Riley's death (at best, Young would bear sole responsibility).
            Exactly.

Originally posted by iCeltic View Post
            I think the primary motive for all Rush's behavior is his desire to complete the destiny mission, not returning to earth.
            He tries to frame Young and he kept the control room secret for the same reason, if the other people find about the room all what they do is trying to get home, and Rush want to go forward to complete the mission.
            I think thats what the ship wants to discover.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Rush may not be actually crazy, but he definitely has major issues. He should know better than to try and handle all of this by himself. He could end up screwing up big time, and the consequences would affect everyone on-board Destiny.
            He knows but also does not trust the other ppl here. He also isn't sure Eli wouldn't tell the others. So his options are limited.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Agreed. A piece of technology that could enhance life on Destiny for the crew and he is keeping it to himself. That doesn't seem right to me.
              Do you really blame him? For how people have treated him? And he doesn't trust th others in the crew, and he can't let the LA know about the bridge. And right now he trying to stop the clock, which benefits everyone.

Originally posted by maylet View Post
              And his ego won't let him ask for help, this it's why I hate Rush, he doesn't care how much people die or the sacrifices he makes just to get what he wants, he doesn't want to get them home, he wants Destiny for himself.
              Again, i don't think its ego. He is getting Chloe to help. He doesn't trust the others, and I don't blame him for that.

But trusting Chloe with the bridge is a mistake. Hopefully she is on our side.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                Do you really blame him? For how people have treated him? And he doesn't trust th others in the crew, and he can't let the LA know about the bridge. And right now he trying to stop the clock, which benefits everyone.

Again, i don't think its ego. He is getting Chloe to help. He doesn't trust the others, and I don't blame him for that.

Yes I do. If he is doing this because no one trust him its only his own fault. Being disliked is no excuse for what he has done
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes I do. If he is doing this because no one trust him its only his own fault. Being disliked is no excuse for what he has done
                  this, exactly
                  Rush is not a ten year old on the playground, he's a grown man that's keeping life or death vital information from everyone for his own selfish ends. It's possible to understand what drives the guy and still not like what he's doing.
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I like to Rush-bash as much as everyone else but, playing devils advocate here, if the lucian alliance found out about the bridge, they could probably take over the ship relatively easily. Maybe it's better that there's only one person who knows... for security reasons...

(PS - I don't have this view point but seeing other arguments is a weird talent I have... Would prefer flight)

the men cheered, the women fainted, the children waved multicoloured flags !!!!

Comment

I think that Rush knows what he is doing is wrong. But he knows Young, and he knows that if he would have shared this discovery Young would have locked Rush out. And Rush knows that is the worst possible scenario. Rush MUST be in that bridge, HE NEEDS to be the captain of the ship. He is the only one qualified to know what is going on out there. Young needs to realize that while he is fine at commanding his soldiers on ground forces. He knows absolutely nothing about Destiny and needs to keep his hands off and observe.

However, like i said. Rush knows that would never happen and that the ENTIRE crew would then suffer for it, so he is trying to do the right thing while satisfying his needs. He knows he needs help, that's why he brought in Chloe.
                      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by seishuuu View Post
                        I like to Rush-bash as much as everyone else but, playing devils advocate here, if the lucian alliance found out about the bridge, they could probably take over the ship relatively easily. Maybe it's better that there's only one person who knows... for security reasons...

(PS - I don't have this view point but seeing other arguments is a weird talent I have... Would prefer flight)
                        I don't think the Lucian Alliance will be taking over the ship anytime soon. But for the sake of arguing as far as takeover go its not that much different if they took over the control interface room just that they get more control how to use the ship
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          In all the wrong ways if you ask me.
                          Sure about that? There are some things people just can't handle. As quoted in Men in Black: "A person is smart. People are blind, dumb, panicky and you know it." Sometimes the plebes just can't be trusted with some things.

From the Spoilers,
                          Spoiler:
                          yes it seems he is right, but that also only shows Young agreeing to it. Who is to know whether the rest of the crew are let into the 'secret'
                          Spoiler:
                          You haven't read enough spoilers. Several people have said several times, that once Destiny's mission is learned, everyone will put everything aside and work towards The Greater Good. It's also an episode title. Rush has been saying all along that everyone needs to consider the greater good, and it looks like everyone will finally realize he was right all along.

By the way, those who dislike Rush, won't really want to look at those spoilers. In fact, you may want to stop watching before episode 7, heh.

I don't think the Lucian Alliance will be taking over the ship anytime soon. But for the sake of arguing as far as takeover go its not that much different if they took over the control interface room just that they get more control how to use the ship
                          Not quite. The bridge overrides the control room. As long as the bridge is a secret (and only 1 person can keep a secret; soon as you tell someone, it's no longer a secret), if Simeon/Varro try anything (can't remember who is the bad one), Rush can lock them down easily.

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                            I think that Rush knows what he is doing is wrong. But he knows Young, and he knows that if he would have shared this discovery Young would have locked Rush out. And Rush knows that is the worst possible scenario. Rush MUST be in that bridge, HE NEEDS to be the captain of the ship. He is the only one qualified to know what is going on out there. Young needs to realize that while he is fine at commanding his soldiers on ground forces. He knows absolutely nothing about Destiny and needs to keep his hands off and observe.

However, like i said. Rush knows that would never happen and that the ENTIRE crew would then suffer for it, so he is trying to do the right thing while satisfying his needs. He knows he needs help, that's why he brought in Chloe.
                            If Young knows "nothing", and I don't agree there, then he's being kept in the dark BY Rush. If he had the information to go on, his choices would be different and that they might not revolve solely around Rush, which is where Rush has problems with it. It's not a matter of what Young does or doesn't know, it's about Rush wanting control to do what he wants without having to share with anyone.
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me. Many film studios do the same so no one has the 'true' answer for something in an upcoming film, since they KNOW they can't keep a true lockdown on any spoilers getting out.
                              I think this must be it then, just feeding multiple stories to confuse everyone. And then if you believe one story, then when you actually watch it it's surprising to you even more because you expected something totally different.

In Air pt2, we see rush, eli brody, volkar and young (i think scott was also there) looking at a visual showing the galaxies (PLURAL) the destiny has been through.. a lot more than 2.
                              I tried to count it, but the beeps go to fast. It was something over forty.
                              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by seishuuu View Post
                                It probably doesn't help that the majority of the ship's systems are still locked out and Rush is having to try and operate the ship with only half the buttons working, so to speak. It'll be interesting to see how everyone deals with his knowledge and use of the bridge when it eventually comes out...
                                He found the code that unlocked the bridge, with complete control of Destiny, and Rush is keeping the apple core with the same limited control of the systems, so they won't suspect anything. About the Bridge. There are schematics of Destiny, surely it has to have the schematic for the bridge. How did they missed it?

Originally posted by Blistna View Post

Rush only showed Chloe the math corridor not the bridge.
                                sigpic
                                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                                X