What is Rush up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
    Or at least that crazy. I think the ship is talking to him trying to find out who he is and if he is worthy of controlling the ship. That's why the ppl (his wife and the other guy) keep asking why do you want to control the ship, why are u doing this. Trying to get rush to reveal himself. What do u guys think?
    Yep you could be right about is hallucinations. The fact that the writers choose not only his wife but also Franklin who was caught up in the chair and disappear somewhere is a big clue. They certainly leave the door open for "its the ship" or "its the chair". Note also that the ship and chair "knows" about his ordeal with his wife since its what Rush saw in his chair trance.

But about his behavior of keeping control of the ship and mission that is all Rush. I wonder what his mission is. It must be damn important for him not be bothered by all the death is obsession brings. Let's also recall Rush is responsible for stranding the Destiny crew on the ship in the first place.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

He has an amazing nack for self preservation. I'd definitly want to be on his team if I'm stranded anywhere.

Comment

They do say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness

I'm pretty sure Rush has a firm enough grip on reality, talking to dead people aside. He is however incredibly focussed and not especially conscionable. (I'm probably misusing that word.)
        Despite that, he's doing better than Young.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          They do say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness

I'm pretty sure Rush has a firm enough grip on reality, talking to dead people aside. He is however incredibly focussed and not especially conscionable. (I'm probably misusing that word.)
          Despite that, he's doing better than Young.
          Young would have been fine if it wasn't for Rush.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

i love seeing franklin
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
              Suspended sentence
              That would work... It's likely that he'll try and argue his way out of it but I doubt Young will accept it. Likely, he'll be placed under guard and followed and maybe denied access to the bridge or control chair... They can't do anything too permanent though - they still need his expertise in ancient tech.

It does just give Greer more reason to dislike him. If there's any resurgence of the mind-control-ticks, Rush is screwed...

the men cheered, the women fainted, the children waved multicoloured flags !!!!

Comment

Too bad that everyone will pretty much realize that Rush was right all along when knowledge of the bridge and the ship's mission become known. In light of that, Rush has been doing the right thing all along. ;p

Comment

Yeah, more convinced now that Rush is talking to the ship, in a manner of speaking. But even if he isn't, the fact that he's inwardly questioning his actions, shows he's more sane than anyone else aboard. Probably helps that deep down, he knows he's doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                    Too bad that everyone will pretty much realize that Rush was right all along when knowledge of the bridge and the ship's mission become known. In light of that, Rush has been doing the right thing all along. ;p
                    In all the wrong ways if you ask me.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      When everyone else finds out what Rush has been hiding, what's the appropriate "punishment" for what Rush has been doing when he's the one the crew apparently needs the most?
                      Does Destiny have flushing toilets?
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                        Or at least that crazy. I think the ship is talking to him trying to find out who he is and if he is worthy of controlling the ship. That's why the ppl (his wife and the other guy) keep asking why do you want to control the ship, why are u doing this. Trying to get rush to reveal himself. What do u guys think?
                        After considering all the options, I have come to believe even more that this is as your theory states. Again we have the wife avatar asking him a moral question, ditto previous episode. This could be his conscious self questioning his true motives, people are very adapt at self deception. But if that was the case, you would expect these "visions" to appear at all times in all situations. I think we will need to wait for another 2-3 episodes before this will be all clear to us.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          In all the wrong ways if you ask me.
                          Agreed. A piece of technology that could enhance life on Destiny for the crew and he is keeping it to himself. That doesn't seem right to me.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                            They explain that quite well. He's trying to learn how to control the ship but having a hard time doing it. The fact that the ship was not designed to be run by one man hasn't helped.
                            And his ego won't let him ask for help, this it's why I hate Rush, he doesn't care how much people die or the sacrifices he makes just to get what he wants, he doesn't want to get them home, he wants Destiny for himself.
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                              no, sorry guys don't have a link. I actually read it on here in another thread. One of the thousands about destiny's true "mission."

@Makenshi Perhaps they did not for see the evolutionary thing like you said. So rush, kind will have screwed himself.

And maybe Carlyle is purposefully telling each interviewer different things to confuse us! lol
                              Wouldn't surprise me. Many film studios do the same so no one has the 'true' answer for something in an upcoming film, since they KNOW they can't keep a true lockdown on any spoilers getting out.

What's with this edge of universe stuff? AFAIK destiny has only crossed from one galaxy into another so far. Travelling between two galaxies is hardly covering the whole universe now is it?
                              In Air pt2, we see rush, eli brody, volkar and young (i think scott was also there) looking at a visual showing the galaxies (PLURAL) the destiny has been through.. a lot more than 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                                The big thing for me was that not only did he cover it up by revealing the hallway, but he blamed the FTL problems on Chloe!
                                This makes me wonder if he already KNEW of her condition and did nothing about it, just for this situation.. AND planned that room just for this occurance.

Which makes me fear for young should they ever DO get down to playing chess.

Comment

Working...
                                X