No announcement yet.

What is Rush up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with E.. she is seen at a console and right before we jumpped out.. so i think she MIGHT have done something for it..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I try to stay away from spoilers as much as possibile, but around here it is getting harder and harder.

Security. Why would an aux control station show maps to where the Main control station is when it has only NOW been unlocked.

I like that thought... If you can do it, you are deserving of it..
      Because of the obvious we can't get inside the bridge.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Needed or not, I would lock him up. He has proven time and again he really can't be trusted. Rush manipulates everything.
        Locking Rush up would be a rather dumb move so expect it from Young. Without Rush saving their bacon the Destinites would be a jolly bunch of cadavers by now. He see's the bigger picture when others are busying themselves with petty arguments over trivialities.
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          This makes me wonder if he already KNEW of her condition and did nothing about it, just for this situation.. AND planned that room just for this occurance..
          What exactly could Rush do about Chloe's metamorphosis? Other than putting a bullet through her teenage mutant blueberry brain?
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
            Locking Rush up would be a rather dumb move so expect it from Young. Without Rush saving their bacon the Destinites would be a jolly bunch of cadavers by now. He see's the bigger picture when others are busying themselves with petty arguments over trivialities.
            Heh, I suppose that is ultimately why I have to shake my head and laugh at Rush-bashers, or people who wanna kill him or see him tortured. They are acting just like the rest of the loons on Destiny, like good ole crazy Young, caught up in their small moments and unable to see the bigger picture. That if they were on Destiny themselves, they'd wanna lynch the one man responsible for keeping their sorry ass alive.

Comment

I am going through the Pros and Cons all the time and I cant really say. Rush´s point of view is that he doesnt need the amateurs to fiddle around with things that they have no clue about. He might be right, but by now most of those working on the consoles got a basic understanding of the Systems they can control at least. That makes them a bit more valuable to Rush.

He needs a Crew and they are the best he got. So why is he still insisting on taking on the bridge on his own? We are already seeing how he crumbles under the complexity of the Systems.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                why is he still insisting on taking on the bridge on his own? We are already seeing how he crumbles under the complexity of the Systems.
                Maybe he knows the systems are too much for one person only, but if he tells the crew, then Young would control his actions, and Rush doesn't trust Young. Anyway, remember that Chloe will help him now! Be ready for the worst...

Comment

His distrust of Young does seem to be one of the main reasons he won't tell anyone he's found the bridge. He probably doesn't trust any of the scientists to keep the secret, even though he could use their help. Eli would seem like the logical person to help Rush with some of the mathematical problems he's working with, but since he's not sure he can trust him, he's working with Chloe, who also has something to hide.
                  sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

No. He can on about how he doesn't trust Young but his personal feelings shouldn't matter considering how much knowing about the bridge could help the rest on Destiny
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's not just that he doesn't trust Young, but he would be right in thinking that they may decide to just turn the ship around and go away from Destiny's mission. Rush needs to be able to convince them that where they're going is more important than trying to go back.

Comment

Is Rush right with hiding everything?

From Rush's pov, yes, of course, he stated the "why" in "Aftermath":

GLORIA: Why don't you just tell the truth? Ask for help.

RUSH: No. I can't.

GLORIA: Because Colonel Young can't be trusted?

RUSH (bitterly): He let the Lucian Alliance take over this ship. The man is mentally unstable and he's getting worse all the time. He nearly just killed a man.

GLORIA: Your negligence caused the shuttle to crash.

RUSH (glaring at her): The situation is desperate because of him. He's not fit to lead this mission.
                        In the end this whole mess can be reduced to the problems between Rush and Young. Rush don't trust Young, and Young don't trust Rush, and both of them have very good reasons to do so.

And if Rush would ask for help of anyone (with the exception of Chloe) of the crew, it'll took 2 minutes, and Young will know about the bridge, and - still from Rush's pov - the problems will start. Young will go there, command random people to switch on systems he things are most important, and, so, possibly things could turn around, like they did with the chair: first, Rush was not allowed to study the thing in the way he wanted to do, and after a while he was not allowed even to enter the room.

I'm not completely sure about the LA people, whether Rush fears they could take a second time over, after the bridge is open for the rest of the crew. Somebody came up with this idea, but I don't remember who. It might be a threat, but I'm not this sure about it.

As I mentioned, those possible scenarios are from Rush's point of view. I myself think different here. As much as I love the character, I don't think everything he's done was the right thing to do, even if it's understandable from his pov.

He should have tried from the start to convince Young with words to be more open with his ideas, even if this would mean, that a lot of things will never happen (very likely), or will need months to go there in the end, if ever. But to use tricks, and to lie to people will never convince anyone to trust you. So, in the end I think, Rush has really earned (nearly) any punishment which will come upon him, and I'm sure something will come soon, and it won't be nice.
                        sigpic

Comment

Is Rush right? No. I think Rush knows this. The Destiny/AI/Gloria knows this. Rush's motives for hiding things are driven by his selfish need to 'own' this particular part of the mystery and not share it and there's going to be serious fallout when it's discovered. the rest of the crew might not be perfect but if the ship is named Destiny for a reason, and all of them are there for a reason, then Rush is flying in the face of that by keeping it from the others.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Is Rush right?

I'd say yes. After all, everyone else has proven to be an idiot, and do you really trust mouth-breathers handling complex stuff? Not really. No one else had enough brains to take a look at the planet in Aftermath and determine the risks. They were all, "hurrdurr, let's go off and land here without checking any of Destiny's sensors!" And young was all like, "Good idea! Go! I shall give the order that will put all your lives at risk without getting much information before sending my people into harm's way!"

Also, Rush sat in the chair. Rush found the clue. Rush's program broke the code. So, shouldn't the results of his efforts be his?

Honestly, if the others prove they are smart enough to handle it, then perhaps they can be let in. Or if they manage to break the code, too. Sheeple just can't be trusted to run much, though.

Comment

NO. Rush claims that Young is not suited to lead the crew, but neither is he. He is selfish and arrogant. He thinks that he knows the full potential of the crew, but if have a feeling he does not.

I mean, look at what Wray did in the last episode. I won't spoil it for people, but I think it shows that she is changing..she's getting bolder. And who knows what else is lurking in the shadow. Rush is wrong and he is foolish. He's already gotten two people killed and I hope it comes back to haunt him.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                                NO. Rush claims that Young is not suited to lead the crew, but neither is he. He is selfish and arrogant. He thinks that he knows the full potential of the crew, but if have a feeling he does not.
                                Note that this is incorrect. Rush doesn't want to lead the crew. You may wish to reevaluate your reasoning based on this.

Although I agree that Wray is seeming more and more like a better leader compared to Young. At the least, I feel she should be given a chance; ane that lasts longer than a few days, heh. Several months at least.

And legally speaking, Rush hasn't gotten anyone killed.

Comment

Working...
                                X