Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to an earlier episode, it sounds like no one else has been on Destiny. According to the database, there were no Ancients... at least, un-ascended ones. JM doesn't like Ancients popping up, but I've always thought that there was an ascended Ancient or two around to at least keep tabs on things for historical documentation purposes.

Comment

I doubt it's as simple as just dying on Destiny, or Spencer would be in there too. It seems like the chair has to be the conduit.

Comment

This episode was so sad on so many levels. I loved it but at times it was hard to watch. I can't stand the thought of loosing this series. Wow, just think, Quantum Kitchen. That should be a ratings grabber!

Comment

I liked this episode. I enjoyed its bitter sweet moments and was wondering what exactly was going on and how they could possibly resolve it..

I do have one question, why was Rush's wife appearing to him? She died on Earth and never came anywhere near the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
            I liked this episode. I enjoyed its bitter sweet moments and was wondering what exactly was going on and how they could possibly resolve it..

I do have one question, why was Rush's wife appearing to him? She died on Earth and never came anywhere near the chair.
            I think you mean Amanda Perry, she was "stoned" over to destiny during the whole Lucian Alliance siege, after she died her conciousness was just floating around in subspace or whatever.

She's also not his wife.

Comment

After a string of episodes I liked, this is not of my favorites.

Its disappointing that Destiny's impossibly advanced (by human standards) medical database consists of 'cut and paste' surgical techniques and stem cells. Not even very advanced by human standards.

I can suspend disbelief with the best of them. FTL sure. Aliens, yep. Magic stones, mmhmm. But finding a kidney donor, and performing a successful transplant with limited resources and a transplant team that consists of a medic and an imaginary friend? That is asking alot I think.

Numa Numa... found that forced/annoying. But the episode did have some funny moments.

Chloe/Scott/Eli triangle redux. Meh already. Poor chloe, how many brain transplants do they need to give that character to keep her interesting.

Sooo... Destiny AI ratio is what? 1/3... 3/4's chick now? Does that mean it will have trouble parallel parking and ignore the check engine light now? ... j/k... sort of...

I hope there isn't any fighting between the AI or that they don't use them to try to create sexual tension or something. I know BSG comparisons have an immediate gag reflex, even if they have merit, but frisky disembodied women that only the scientist(s) can see... that would seem somewhat familiar no?

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
                I keep wondering, who else has been uploaded to Destiny's system during those past centuries? Maybe the whole Ancient crew? I wouldn't be surprised if this was be the future destiny of whole our crew as well...
                Spoiler:
                Given that it looks like they go into a status chambers in one Joe pictures I got a feeling you may be right. AN when the crew awakes they will be dealing with a different Earth and Destiny much nearer to her destination.
                Last edited by knowles2; 30 March 2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I have to say I wasn't so keen on watching this one, but after I did, well, I stand corrected.
                  It was good having Ginn and Mandy back. It just seemed that something was there to it other than just dying due to the circumstances of death. One advantage of downloading them to Destiny is that they could help them understand Destiny more and give faster commands.
                  About Greer. I knew he didn't choose to stay on Destiny on the other timeline just for his boss, Young. I believe he has changed. The mission changed him a lot. Now he cares about other things than just his work. He actually risked his life to save someone else. That is new.
                  About Volker, well, they're trying to make him more well known. We didn't really see him much other that just helping Brody, Rush and Eli. Now we know more about him and I started to like him. From what I saw on this episode and on Twin destinies, it looks like he used to be a jerk, but Destiny changed him as well.

Awesome that they understand the chair better now. The idea of downloading Mandy's & Ginn's consciousnesses to the ship had so much potential. But no use after the cancellation.

Overall, I think TPTB are starting to learn from their past mistakes on season 1 and first half of 2. Finally!!!! But it's too late, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post

I think Destiny was using the neural link to access Rush's memories of Gloria, much like it did with Young in the scenario it played out for him.
                    sigpic

Comment

imagine if Simeon was still alive! would have been interesting to see what Ginn would have made to the person who killed her body
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I liked seeing Gin and Mandy again but the episode felt boring and kinda forced to me. I kept waiting for somebody to die (which was constantly being teased) but nothing happened. It was all resolved way too neatly in my opinion. Oh and Greer is now officially over-the-top. I know this guy is a bit weird but getting some of his bone marrow removed without anesthesia is just insane.

Minor nitpick: TPTB can stop raping the German language now. I like seeing references to German stuff but they really should check on how to pronounce the words.
                        In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Originally posted by Jaemal View Post
                          Minor nitpick: TPTB can stop raping the German language now. I like seeing references to German stuff but they really should check on how to pronounce the words.
                          German???
                          When was that? I can't remember anything similar to that.

could you give me an example to remind me of it?

Comment

I too was not too interested in this episode before, but was very positively surprised. Great episode, with both tension and humor, and hardly logical gaps.
                            I thought it to be a bit improbable that somebody brought a chess game with him/her when evacuating the Icarus base. Okay, they could have made one on board of Destiny, and it looked a bit rough, but I was wondering.
                            I have to admit I did not understand why both (Amanda's and Ginn's) consciousness popped up on board of the ship. If the stones really transfer a mind or not, logically only one of the two should have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                              THAT WAS AWESOME! I loved this episode. I am SOOO glad Ginn is alive. Now Ely won't be quite so alone anymore, and neither will Rush. I'm guessing by Ginn's last scene that touch isn't simulated with Destiny's neural interfacing. But I guess this all answers the question of what happened to Franklin.
                              True. And with all 3 of them there now, 4 if we include Gloria, who knows what info we could gleam.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i don't like his i'm invisble attitude.
                              I am actually wondering if its more of a "I don't give a sh(* what happens to me" attitude..

Originally posted by m626 View Post
                              With Perry having access to all of Destiny's files, there should be no reason to find a way back to Earth. But that would be too easy.

I forget: weren't they moving to a Greer/ Park relationship? It seems they haven't interacted at all since she was rescued from the planet.
                              Just cause she is in there, does not automatically give us an out. Heck the info on how to do it may be in there, but the resources/capabilities to do so may not. As to greer/park, she seems to be shagging anyone..
                              As evidenced by her "book club" early on..

Originally posted by Mibi View Post
                              Is it just me or does anyone else think Greer is going to die of an infection? I know the series is ending but I hoped that all my favs would make it to the end.
                              They May be trying to push for that, but i would hate them for it if they do so.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              This episode also marks out first cross-gender stone swap (Telford and O'Hara)
                              Did it?? I didn;t remember who was sitting down at that time..

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                              That being said, I would say that getting Gin/Perry into real bodies would be one of the things that I would have on my list of things to be resolved if they get the movies they wanted (that is, if its not resolved before the end, which I doubt it would be.
                              Perhaps part of the resupply we get should the SGC/HWC get another Icarus up and running, would include something to make them a body from (such as a clone'd body)..

Originally posted by ahdvd View Post
                              The questions this episode creates for the future is what interests me more.

Now that Rush has re-activated Desinty's mental connection systems to allow Ginn and Amanda Perry to manifest themselves and communicate with the crew, are we going to see Franklin return, are we going to see Destiny trying to communicate with Rush again as his wife on the bridge? Will destiny begin running scenarios in Young's head?
                              Unknown. Perhaps it was just his mind manefesting Gloria, or perhaps she DID download into the ship via his use of the chair in human.. As to franklin, one can hope...

Originally posted by ahdvd View Post
                              It seems as though since Rush de-activated this earlier in the season and found the bridge, that the almost labotomised Destiny's sort of personality, as it was following programming, yet also learning how to work with the crew it had now found itself with - will Destiny become a more promonent 'personality' on the show
                              We can hope they do go that route.

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                              My mom had a kidney transplant. The damaged kidneys are left in their place, not cut out, and the new one is placed in the abdomen, not in the back.
                              Sorry to hear it. BUT to me that makes no sense, as the damaged ones could now infect the new transplaneted ones with the same renal disease... couldn;t they?

Originally posted by Superhero in Disguise View Post
                              I have to admit this was certainly one of the better episodes, but I do have one thing that's been bothering me about Greer's donating a kidney. Now I could be wrong about this since neither myself or anyone I know is in the military but I vaguely remember hearing something about that people who have either donated an organ or received an organ transplant were barred from active combat service in the military.

If that's true does that mean that Greer's career is pretty much over?
                              Technically yes. BUT with where they are at, i seriously doubt it would matter.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              An it was a good 42 minutes.
                              Very much so..

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                              So can the now kinds of AI on the ship decide who they will show themselves to? why would Ginn take so long to talk to Eli and why could no one else in the infirmary see Perry?
                              Perhaps it had something to do with the way they were uploaded.. more of a 'forcable' push out.. As to why? Who knows. Even before Rush turned off the interface, no one else saw franklin..

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                              Also is there not a chance of it becoming a little boring if we have 3 AIs that can simply be a quick reference to anything and everything ancient? "Hey Perry we need to do blah blah blah, we have been trying to work it out, any help" Perry - "Oh yeah sure, press here here and here and kablazzle, you now have a matter converter so ice cream all round"
                              it would get a little borning, but i feel a little help here and there is ok.

Originally posted by Ingsoc View Post
                              The Greer/Volker plot didn't make any sense to me, I could see Greer volunteer to donate a kidney to another army personal or one of the civilians he's close to (Eli, Park) but to Volker? I don't remember they ever had meaningful interaction.
                              True, but greer does seem to ME to be the type that steps up and helps out whom ever needs it.. Regardless.

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                              It could be spice up the show with introduce a replicator generator and download the consciousness into them. Instead of programming, it's a real consciousness inside a replicator body. Off course they could disable it from cloning itself. Just enough replicating body cells to mimics human body regeneration.
                              Or perhaps we will use the Asgard method!

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                              I guess they could have Atlantis create Replicator bodies that look the way Ginn & Perry did before they were killed. But getting the bodies to the Destiny would be the main problem
                              Perhaps that is something they can take care of next ep!

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              I think Destiny was using the neural link to access Rush's memories of Gloria, much like it did with Young in the scenario it played out for him.
                              And maybe the fact she died IN his dream/visions, was all it needed to upload her.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkandBright View Post
                                I too was not too interested in this episode before, but was very positively surprised. Great episode, with both tension and humor, and hardly logical gaps.
                                I thought it to be a bit improbable that somebody brought a chess game with him/her when evacuating the Icarus base. Okay, they could have made one on board of Destiny, and it looked a bit rough, but I was wondering.
                                I have to admit I did not understand why both (Amanda's and Ginn's) consciousness popped up on board of the ship. If the stones really transfer a mind or not, logically only one of the two should have been there.
                                Rush made it in Faith I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X