This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    This episode also marks out first cross-gender stone swap (Telford and O'Hara)
    Spoiler:
    *is thinking of dirty things, if they had more alone time*....

Comment

Loved the episode! Seeing Ginn again made me very happy! Good to see T.J. and Volker getting alot of focus. T.J. and Ginn are among my favorites(and Kiva.....how I miss Kiva ).

I was more interesting in the Ginn/Amanda Perry stuff more than the Transplant surgery stuff. But nevertheless I enjoyed the episode.

Spoiler:
      And I am ecstatic for the next episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient Lantean View Post
        All in all, this was a great episode. I must say though, I was not expecting the songs that played before the operation, I nearly fell over laughing.
        The whole scene (moment in the scene) was hilarious. From the 2001 bit to the tropical summer hit music which wouldn't stop.

It's nice how they introduced a bit more humor in the show (as personality traits).
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

that was fantastic! not one but TWO characters brought back from the dead! we got answers to what happened to franklin(and to some extent alt-rush), we got amanda perry teaching TJ how to do surgeries, who knows what Ginn will help out with. the secret is out, time to bring franklin back into the fray!

/still confused on Gloria though... was she apparently a figment of rush's imagination then?
          //cant frakking wait for Rodney next week! from the previews he looks to be like SG-1 Rodney--part serious, part jackass. CANT WAIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            The whole scene (moment in the scene) was hilarious. From the 2001 bit to the tropical summer hit music which wouldn't stop.

It's nice how they introduced a bit more humor in the show (as personality traits).
            the ED jokes too! lol "Why's THAT funny?"

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              Spoiler:
              *is thinking of dirty things, if they had more alone time*....
              I can see Telford coming online and going to talk to barnes and then stopping and looking down at his chest and going "hmmm..."

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                This episode also marks out first cross-gender stone swap (Telford and O'Hara)
                just a source so people wont try to refute: http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=921&pos=78

I am also considering that the person was wearing O'Hara's jacket

Comment

The episode was well written (dialogues) while being unremarkable. Maybe they should call the show Stonegate Universe because it sure seems they use the stones more than the Stargates lately (even if it's used in a relative good way).
                  Oh gee Zelix, how original of you.

*Mocking anti-anti-Stargate stuff*

I kid, I kid. I'd kill you if you weren't a Fringe fanboy too.

/still confused on Gloria though... was she apparently a figment of rush's imagination then?
                  No, I think she was a part of Nick's imagination left behind in Destiny's computer, and he turned it off with Franklin because he was guilty and stuff. Man, wouldn't that be awkward? Gloria Vs Perry! GRUDGE MATCH. One's older, one's younger, one was married to the man, one helped him come back from the brink after the other's death. IT IS ON.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Really surprised how much I loved this episode. I just was not expecting anything exceptional or interesting. I found last week's to be rather bland filler material if anything. Yet once again I find an SGU episode that simply captivates me, and when the episode was done all I could think about were the possible storylines that could have been developed had this show not continued. So, I am left just feeling bitter and angry. Well I better stop here because you know the old saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it"?

Comment

I gotta say, I've laughed more from this episode of SGU than from any episode of Stargate I can remember in recent memory (at least since SG-1 was canceled). For some reason, the humor was spot on, and fit the characters perfectly. It was a well-written episode and finally gave us a solid answer on the Franklin matter. While it didn't answer why we see Gloria (Rush's wife) at the same time, I kind of hope they don't fully answer it, the way they did with Battelstar as half the fun is the speculation. Still, at least its one less thread that we'll have hanging on the end.

That being said, I would say that getting Gin/Perry into real bodies would be one of the things that I would have on my list of things to be resolved if they get the movies they wanted (that is, if its not resolved before the end, which I doubt it would be.

@SBN

I felt the same way you did after watching this episode. Even if we do get the aforementioned movies, it won't be as good as if we had gotten the full 5 seasons.
                      That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                        That being said, I would say that getting Gin/Perry into real bodies would be one of the things that I would have on my list of things to be resolved if they get the movies they wanted (that is, if its not resolved before the end, which I doubt it would be.
                        the question is... will eli still have the hots for ginn once she's uploaded to a shiny new asgard body??

Comment

Excellent episode, I'm starting to super-regret the cancellation. I laughed, often and hard.

Spoiler:
                          Did anyone else see the pre-op music scene as a bit of a take that at the olde music montages?

Comment

The questions this episode creates for the future is what interests me more.

Now that Rush has re-activated Desinty's mental connection systems to allow Ginn and Amanda Perry to manifest themselves and communicate with the crew, are we going to see Franklin return, are we going to see Destiny trying to communicate with Rush again as his wife on the bridge? Will destiny begin running scenarios in Young's head?

It seems as though since Rush de-activated this earlier in the season and found the bridge, that the almost labotomised Destiny's sort of personality, as it was following programming, yet also learning how to work with the crew it had now found itself with - will Destiny become a more promonent 'personality' on the show - PLEASE say the writer's are not going to forget about this, as it seems it would be a constant thing of everyday life aboard destiny now it's been re-activated.

Comment

Best Episode of the Season. One story thread that seemed over comes back and one question that seemed neglected came back and was answered in perfect time to have a strong, powerful and unexpected impact on the story. Canceling this show is a crime equal to Firefly.
                              I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Everyone shined in this episode. Chloe shows her strength once again, it has always been there if you look. Greer, TJ, Volker, Brody, Ginn: Phenomenal. This is the SGU I've loved since the start.
                                I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Working...
                                X