No announcement yet.

next time will be different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wray/Rush at the end of the episode was the best part IMO.

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
    Young did what he had to do for the good of the crew when he stranded Rush. He gave him the opportunity to end the conflict but Rush chose the "It will never be over" route. Rush obviously doesn't care about anyone else, only the ship and himself, he only follows orders because it benefits him. R. is a loose canon and a danger to everyone else. Mutiny is not something to be taken lightly.
    I argee with what you've said, but what ever his motives are IMO they still need Rush and it showed in this episode. Young putting all his eggs in Eli's basket, is just as dangerous. He mite be able to control Eli, at least for now, but IMO it was clear that Eli couldnt cope with it all. The scene with Chloe in the mess and the scene in the control room showed that.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
      whoa , mutiny on board destiny.

When Young was talking to Rush in his quarters he acknowledged what he did to Rush and saw the fault in that. But if the others go through with whatever plan they are scheming then doesn't this make them worse than Young now...?
      I think Wray is a huge stinkin hypocrite. I mean, she's gets mad at even the smallest mistake Young makes, yet, she still doesn't care the Rush Framed Young for murder and that Rush manipulated Franklin to sit in the chair because he was too scared to do it himself. Wray has these Anti Young Pro Rush filters on her judgement. Whatever Young does, no matter how good, she thinks is bad. Furthermore, whatever Rush does, not matter how bad, she doesn't even care.

She is officially my least fav character on the ship. She just makes me mad.
      sigpic

Comment

Bryan M. White writes: “Throw in a mutiny, the only thing missing is what happened to Franklin.”

Answer: A mutiny, you say? Tune in next week. As for Franklin…oh, we haven’t forgotten about him.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-3-2010-space/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          I think Wray is a huge stinkin hypocrite. I mean, she's gets mad at even the smallest mistake Young makes, yet, she still doesn't care the Rush Framed Young for murder and that Rush manipulated Franklin to sit in the chair because he was too scared to do it himself. Wray has these Anti Young Pro Rush filters on her judgement. Whatever Young does, no matter how good, she thinks is bad. Furthermore, whatever Rush does, not matter how bad, she doesn't even care.

Couldnt agree more

Comment

Then great work by the actress and writers. I think she's supposed to make us mad, she's IOA!
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
              Rush is willing to sacrafice for knowledge.
              Hm, I'd say sometimes you have to make sacrifices for knowledge...

And if nothing happens anytime soon, they'll be stuck on the ship for a veeery long time (not that I would mind ^^). In the current situation, knowledge is all they have. And you can never have enough

I hope there will be a huge change in the command structure aboard Destiny, because I definitely want to see more exploring going on and with Young as the leader that's not gonna happen

Comment

Every single IOA character does that at first. Thats nothing new with IOA

Comment

lol is there any point in discussing morality in sgu. one of the points in sgu is to have moral ambiguity so congratulations theyre doing it well.
                  R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                    lol is there any point in discussing morality in sgu. one of the points in sgu is to have moral ambiguity so congratulations theyre doing it well.
                    Jep, there is, because if you don't discuss that, what should you discuss?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
                      True.

In the end I have more faith in Young then Rush or Wray. Rush is willing to sacrafice for knowledge. Wray has issues , personal ones and don't trust her judgement either. Young I would trust more to get me home and keep me alive.
                      I feel the same way. Young has made some big mistakes, but IMO, does care about this crew. And he cares about getting them home. I don't believe things will go well at all if Rush or Wray take command.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I feel the same way. Young has made some big mistakes, but IMO, does care about this crew. And he cares about getting them home. I don't believe things will go well at all if Rush or Wray take command.
                        I wouldn't want Rush in command, but my choice from the beginning would have been Wray, even though I like Young the most. Everyone has their specialty, so let the scientist (Rush) be in charge of the scientists, the soldier (Young) be in charge of the soldiers, and let them both answer to the politician (Wray).

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
                          I wouldn't want Rush in command, but my choice from the beginning would have been Wray, even though I like Young the most. Everyone has their specialty, so let the scientist (Rush) be in charge of the scientists, the soldier (Young) be in charge of the soldiers, and let them both answer to the politician (Wray).
                          Are you sure? Look how much politicians screw up the real world?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Either that or give her a P-90 and a snappy uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              You sure got that right. Destiny would be lucky to make it a week with her in charge.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Disastorm View Post
                                How does taking command of a ship from someone who is not a good leader and could threaten the lives of the entire crew and wouldn't mind sacrificing cloe just to kill Rush (why do you think he kept firing on that alien ship even when they were retreating and even when it was going to threaten destroying the Destiny due to the overlord) make them worse than Young? From what I've seen so far, I think any of the other main characters, even Rush would make a much better captain of Destiny than Young. Young is like the worst possible candidate for captain.
                                I didn't see that at all. Young had no choice but to continue to fire at the alien ship. If it's a choice between keeping his 80 personnel crew alive, and saving Chloe, the leader has to go for the greater good. Additionally, when they retreated, he stopped firing and used the communication machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X