next time will be different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdog View Post
    I kinda think leaving Rush on the planet would be considered acceptable to the military since what rush did was basically mutany. Although he now did lose the high ground. I really dont get why the civilians are so supicious of the military. It's not like they are beating people up on the ship and taking their food money.
    Additionally, the joined the military operation to begin with. Icarus was a military operation. One would expect that they knew what they signed up to.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
      I kinda think leaving Rush on the planet would be considered acceptable to the military since what rush did was basically mutany. Although he now did lose the high ground. I really dont get why the civilians are so supicious of the military. It's not like they are beating people up on the ship and taking their food money.
      Umm... no. It's not. In any civilized military. Court marshaling exists for a reason. What Young did is in no way justifiable legally (even through military code of conduct).

Also, the civilians are unhappy with the military rule because the military has a say in everything while the civilians have a say in nothing. As Wray said, the military makes all of the important and even non-important decisions and they do it through dictatorship. And the dictator is a man she now knows is an attempted murderer.

Even if he was provoked by being framed, he still tried to murder someone, and that makes him untrustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        Then great work by the actress and writers. I think she's supposed to make us mad, she's IOA!
        The writers are doing their job too dang well. I think its ridiculous the president Henry Hayes or someone in a powerful position in the Stargate program hasn't disbanded the IOA for the sake of the audience's sanity!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Umm... no. It's not. In any civilized military. Court marshaling exists for a reason. What Young did is in no way justifiable legally (even through military code of conduct).

Also, the civilians are unhappy with the military rule because the military has a say in everything while the civilians have a say in nothing. As Wray said, the military makes all of the important and even non-important decisions and they do it through dictatorship. And the dictator is a man she now knows is an attempted murderer.

Even if he was provoked by being framed, he still tried to murder someone, and that makes him untrustworthy.
          Agree

What Rush did was wrong to frame Young for murder

BUT

Attempting murder is worse. At least Rush did not try to kill Young, and if it was not for those aliens rush would be dead (ironic it was the hostile aliens who saved Rush's life).

Not to mention Young is a Rapist...

Comment

I wouldn't want any of these people in sole command. I hate politicians, Rush has his own agenda, and Young is a poor leader. The people on that ship are screwed...one way or the other. I'm just glad I'm not stuck on Destiny.

As to the OP: No, them creating a mutiny is not worse than what Young did to Rush. Now if they try to airlock Young (and don't try to tell me there is no airlock on this ship ) then okay. But Young has done things/made decisions that, imo, show his lack of leadership ability. Usually in positions like this, I'd totally back the military leadership, and push comes to shove, I think Young should remain in command considering the worse options available, but he needs to learn how to make the tough decisions.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
              [...]

Not to mention Young is a Rapist...
              Wait, what ?!
              Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

the writers really can't do the conspiracy thing well. The NID and now this. They really need to work on it. It makes the skilled villainy of Rush seem cheesy.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                  Agree

What Rush did was wrong to frame Young for murder

BUT

Attempting murder is worse. At least Rush did not try to kill Young, and if it was not for those aliens rush would be dead (ironic it was the hostile aliens who saved Rush's life).
                  And if it weren't for Young, Rush would've been the prisoner of those aliens forever.

It's kinda mindscrewy, in a way.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                    The writers are doing their job too dang well. I think its ridiculous the president Henry Hayes or someone in a powerful position in the Stargate program hasn't disbanded the IOA for the sake of the audience's sanity!!
                    The US President would not be able to disband the IOA. All he would be able to do is remove the US from it, which would not happen given the IOA provides at least some of the money for the stargate program.

Comment

The IOA had reason is distrust the airforce. They have no authority to disband the IOA since it is oversight which the programme had been sorely lacking. Its just bad writing that makes them look bad. In reality, whenever the military takes over, things fall apart. Fast.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                        The IOA had reason is distrust the airforce. They have no authority to disband the IOA since it is oversight which the programme had been sorely lacking. Its just bad writing that makes them look bad. In reality, whenever the military takes over, things fall apart. Fast.
                        And the IOA (and its predecessor NID) gave everyone plenty of reasons not to be trusted.

Also, I don't think anyone wants SGU to be a mirror image of our reality.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          And if it weren't for Young, Rush would've been the prisoner of those aliens forever.

It's kinda mindscrewy, in a way.
                          And then when he could no longer go back on the ship, he immediately ordered Eli to shoot down the alien ship at all costs, even when Eli repeatedly warned him that the weapons might overload and blow up the entire ship. Young kept saying "I have no choice!" and telling Eli to fire, even when the alien ship was retreating.

I say his heroic act on board that ship was nullified by this fact of pure malice, cowardice and disregard for the safety of his crew.

Comment

He did that to discourage another attack (probably better prepared). It's a common tactic to strike against a retreating enemy. Very effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                              He did that to discourage another attack (probably better prepared). It's a common tactic to strike against a retreating enemy. Very effective.
                              Even if you're sitting in the middle of a puddle of fuel and firing a weapon prone to letting off the odd spark? Firing on a retreating enemy isn't worth it if it could kill you and everyone else nearby by overloading the weapons system.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                                And then when he could no longer go back on the ship, he immediately ordered Eli to shoot down the alien ship at all costs, even when Eli repeatedly warned him that the weapons might overload and blow up the entire ship. Young kept saying "I have no choice!" and telling Eli to fire, even when the alien ship was retreating.
                                I say his heroic act on board that ship was nullified by this fact of pure malice, cowardice and disregard for the safety of his crew.
                                I was honestly on Young's side until he made that decision. He would have risked killing everyone on the ship and surely killed Rush and Chloe just to keep his dirty little not-so-secret? I'm disgusted.

I don't know what Rush/Wray [Wrush?] have planned for next time, but neither of the three of them deserve or seem fit to lead.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X