next time will be different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    I was honestly on Young's side until he made that decision. He would have risked killing everyone on the ship and surely killed Rush and Chloe just to keep his dirty little not-so-secret? I'm disgusted.

I don't know what Rush/Wray [Wrush?] have planned for next time, but neither of the three of them deserve or seem fit to lead.
    Thats assuming is his continued firing was to keep people from knowing Rush was alive which makes no sense since Young is the one who freed Rush
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      And then when he could no longer go back on the ship, he immediately ordered Eli to shoot down the alien ship at all costs, even when Eli repeatedly warned him that the weapons might overload and blow up the entire ship. Young kept saying "I have no choice!" and telling Eli to fire, even when the alien ship was retreating.
      I really wish you'd stop exaggerating to make your points.

He said "I have no choice" once. ONCE.

And I completely disagree with you on his motive; but that's for that other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
        Young did what he had to do for the good of the crew when he stranded Rush. He gave him the opportunity to end the conflict but Rush chose the "It will never be over" route. Rush obviously doesn't care about anyone else, only the ship and himself, he only follows orders because it benefits him. R. is a loose canon and a danger to everyone else. Mutiny is not something to be taken lightly.

Young again did the right thing by continuing to fire on the enemy vessel. Destiny's shields were about to give out so he had to do something. Chloe (and Rush) were never in danger - the shield of ship was eating all the fire and it was the only way to buy Destiny some time. Even if the enemy seemed to retreat, it could have been a ruse or preparing another weapon.

Destiny also needed to send a message that it's not just a sitting duck, it has the ability to fight back and that it will do it too. As Young said, it was a command decision, and I believe it was the right one. The others have not earned the right yet to second guess him, and his experience.

Hopefully next time they attempt to mutiny they'll be caught red handed and dealt with. Wray and Rush are a clear danger to everyone on the ship.

I totally agree with you. Is it really better to be captured by aliens that would put the humans into a water container to read their mind than being blow`ed up?

My thoughts:
        There is NO better leader than Young on this ship. Neither Wray or Rush should be an option for that job. If they tried to frame Young for a murder together,then that is a very serious thing to do. And all that to get at the top instead of the same man they tried to frame. How Wray could even consider working with Rush for a mutiny or something "dirty" is way beyond what I can understand. He does not even wanna go home,while she really want to get home to her love. (am I right?)

Young is not perfect,but Rush did not want to end the fight and the dirty game he played,so be it. I don`t think Young did the right thing,but in light of ALL of the things Rush have tried to do,the best thing for the people on the ship was to not have Rush going crazy against everyone on Destiny. I think we all know that they have many people with skills there willing to help, and for all people there it would be best that all that can contribute should be welcomed with open arms,and not rejected.

Since the main wish from most of the people on Destiny is to get home,neither Rush or Wray should never be on the list of being at the top.

I sure hope that both Greer and Scott stays loyal to the highest ranking officer,and not change side just because other people manage to do a mutiny. It would BTW be a bad thing if the mutiny happens at all. I do understand the "drama" the writers want,but they should not let that take to much of the time. As for now people,is there a little chance at all that Young and Rush becomes "(not) friends",but gets respect for each other? Will the writers ever be able to write that situation into the story without damaging the main plot?

Another thing is: why does it seem like everyone can just fly different alien space-shuttles? Of course it is possible that Rush did get so much mind reading from the aliens that he suddenly knew how to fly it,but I bet he knows a lot more than he actually telling. Rush came back to Destiny to soon IMHO.

However,these was only some of my thoughts about "Space",which overall was a good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
          The IOA had reason is distrust the airforce. They have no authority to disband the IOA since it is oversight which the programme had been sorely lacking..
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
            Agree

What Rush did was wrong to frame Young for murder

BUT

Attempting murder is worse.
            Its worse but Young did it to the person that tried to frame him for murder. Its not like Young left for dead, lets say, Wray on the planet. With who he got some disagreement. It was the person who just tried to frame him for murder, not just a small disagreement, that he left there to die.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
              I kinda think leaving Rush on the planet would be considered acceptable to the military since what rush did was basically mutany.
              Except of course, that Young is NOT the captain of the ship. The only reason he has any say there is because of the armed goons he commands over.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglevision View Post
                Except of course, that Young is NOT the captain of the ship. The only reason he has any say there is because of the armed goons he commands over.
                Who else was the captain of the ship ? He has the highest rank.
                Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by eaglevision View Post
                  I'd like to see chloe with a gun kicking some alien arse.

Assuming she doesn't hold the gun backwards which is likely.
                  Tst

Comment

Who else was the captain of the ship ? He has the highest rank.
                    Why does his military rank have anything to do with it? What right does it give him to rule over civilians? I realise that there are people who think for some reason beyond any logic I can fathom that military people are somehow superior to everyone else and can overrule everyone else's basic human rights without any consequences, but just because Young has some insignia on his shirt doesn't give him the right to tell anyone else what to do unless they are also signed up to his particular military faction, let alone the right to murder a civilian.

As Jack said, it's not a democracy. Ergo, it's a military dictatorship. That doesn't make him captain, just the biggest standover man.
                    sigpic

Comment

The events in Space showed that someone with a military background/training needs to be in charge. Personally I wouldn't have imagined Wray or some other civilian giving the order to fire on the main ship, which saved everyone.

But they should keep out of everyone else's business when they're not needed/peace time.
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

The events in Space showed that someone with a military background/training needs to be in charge. Personally I wouldn't have imagined Wray or some other civilian giving the order to fire on the main ship, which saved everyone.

But they should keep out of everyone else's business when they're not needed/peace time.
                        That's why I think a cooperative arrangement needs to be in place - Wray, Rush and Young each have their strengths and their areas of expertise, times when they need to take responsibility and when the others should defer to their knowledge and experience.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          That's why I think a cooperative arrangement needs to be in place - Wray, Rush and Young each have their strengths and their areas of expertise, times when they need to take responsibility and when the others should defer to their knowledge and experience.
                          Yeah but beyond the taste for power I don't understand why they have so much problem with Young's leadership. Trying to frame Young for murder is completely over the top just so someone sit in the damn chair. While Wray, I don't know what the hell is her problem, but she's IOA.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            Yeah but beyond the taste for power I don't understand why they have so much problem with Young's leadership. Trying to frame Young for murder is completely over the top just so someone sit in the damn chair. While Wray, I don't know what the hell is her problem, but she's IOA.
                            The "problem" with Young's leadership as far as the civilians is concerned (as far as I can see) is his gung-ho military attitude - for example, making the civilian scientists do calisthenics. What the...? That's overstepping a boundary, IMO. And he doesn't seem to understand the way scientific research works, he just wants things done/fixed/unlocked etc "Now!" but the real world doesn't work like that. He engenders a lot of resentment from the civilians and whether that's warranted or not is another matter - it's existence is enough to make it a problem.

Of course Rush and Wray have their own reasons for wanting control, but there are clearly people on that ship who think they would be better off under non-military leadership.

I don't deny that Young has a place in the command structure, he is certainly the most seasoned military person on board and as such should control the military side of things, but Rush and Wray should be given responsibility for those aspects which are well outside Young's sphere of experience.
                            sigpic

Comment

All three should simply learn to work together, not against each other, and this applies much more to Young than to the other two. And work together don't include to frame somebody for murder, or to beat someone up, and to leave him to die on a scraggy planet, or to start a mutiny!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                                What you're suggesting is my ideal scenario, too, but, as well as that worked with SGA's Weir/John/Rodney triumvirate, it's definitely not going to work here. All three have their own reasons for wanting control of the ship and, if only for spite, won't let the others have a say.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X