The Humour! She's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
    I hope there's nothing akin to that in this series. I know I'm probably far in the minority, but I never liked O'Neill. I watched SG1 in spite of him rather than because of him.
    Assassins have been dispatched to your location. Don't panic. Don't try to run. Don't despair. Don't struggle. Resistance is futile. Only pray to God to forgive your lack of love for O'Neill...And whatever other smaller sins you've committed.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Use the Crutch
      I loved that!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
        I hope there's nothing akin to that in this series. I know I'm probably far in the minority, but I never liked O'Neill. I watched SG1 in spite of him rather than because of him.
        Remember the O'Neill is love, embrace the O'Neill, or be DAMNED!

Comment

The British Army, underequipped, underpaid, underappreciated.
          Still the best bloody soldiers on the earth.
          The French are better...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            The French are better...
            yes all those proud French military victories...

Comment

They have Channel uniforms...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                I don't know about darker or lighter humor (though Young's sense of humor is clearly more cynical than most), but I think SGU's humor is more character based... <snipped for length>
                Totally agree. Darkness was full of humour and the actors do such a wonderful job of delivery that it's not what they say, but how they say it. Highly talented bunch and a real rollercoaster of an episode.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                  The French are better...
                  I prefer the Swedish Army. Small but professional.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                    Talk about humor.

Comment

Don't forget the losing
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        Totally agree. Darkness was full of humour and the actors do such a wonderful job of delivery that it's not what they say, but how they say it. Highly talented bunch and a real rollercoaster of an episode.
                        I'm Atlantisrules!!! and I approve of this message.

In other words, I agree totally
                        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

And not fighting any wars...
                          But lets avoid the whose got a better army, it becomes very stupid! We can all just agree to laugh at the french (and never have the Americans for airsupport).

Offtopic, whats that? Its all humour.

Comment

"Lots and lots of work..."

The comment that Young said after rush avoided apologizing after his breakdown scene;
                            It was a direct continue to what he talked to Wray about in the mess-hall earlier (though this time he said it to Greer/himself).

Loved it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Don't forget the losing
                              The Swedish Army haven't lost a war since 1809. Although we fought our last war in 1814

The Swedish Army had preformed pretty well considering that we had enemies on all sides. Russia to the east. Denmark and Norway to the south and the west. And of course our arch enemy, the Polar Bears to the north

And we did win our last war. The War against Norway, which resulted in Norway joining in a personal union with Sweden. Althouhg defeating Norway isn't much to brag about.....

What was this thread about again?? Oh yeah! The humour. I liked the humour in Darkness and I hope that we'll see more of it.

We're still talking about it so there's no need for you mods to smite us or anything....
                              sigpic

Comment

The Swedish Army haven't lost a war since 1809. Although we fought our last war in 1814

The Swedish Army had preformed pretty well considering that we had enemies on all sides. Russia to the east. Denmark and Norway to the south and the west. And of course our arch enemy, the Polar Bears to the north

And we did win our last war. The War against Norway, which resulted in Norway joining in a personal union with Sweden. Althouhg defeating Norway isn't much to brag about.....

What was this thread about again?? Oh yeah! The humour. I liked the humour in Darkness and I hope that we'll see more of it.

We're still talking about it so there's no need for you mods to smite us or anything....
                                Oh God, the mods, the Mods Cometh!

I would imagine that there might be less humour less week what with how they are about to be back to imminent death but I think Darkness proves that humour is alive and well in SGU. Mind you these are the people who said they could never write stargate without humour.

Comment

Working...
                                X