The Humour! She's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
    I loved that. I didn't even know what he was talking about at first, but I just love how he played it. Also, the stammering-through of his introduction was priceless.

Riley is still my favorite secondary though. He just had this funny attitude in the first three episodes. Hopefully there will be more dry humor with him in the future. "That was my ration for the day." LOL!
    Of the secondary characters, Riley & Volker are tied for being my favorites. I know that Patrick Gilmore is signed on for 18 episodes this season as Volker so I'm hoping that Haig Sutherland will make a similar number of episodes as well.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh! I just remembered another cute moment.

It's when Young and Greer walks down the corridor and almost shoots the KINO, and Eli's voice rings out of it.

"Hey! Don't shoot me!"
      "You can talk out of that thing?"
      "I can talk out of this thing?"

I'm hoping this will eventually lead to one of the characters having a totally normal conversation with a KINO.

Also, Young called the gas giant "Big Bertha". Hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Oh! I just remembered another cute moment.

It's when Young and Greer walks down the corridor and almost shoots the KINO, and Eli's voice rings out of it.

"Hey! Don't shoot me!"
        "You can talk out of that thing?"
        "I can talk out of this thing?"

I'm hoping this will eventually lead to one of the characters having a totally normal conversation with a KINO.

Also, Young called the gas giant "Big Bertha". Hehe.
        Speaking of Kino usage, Vanessa James' reaction to Eli & Riley spying on her with a Kino was priceless: "I can and will kick your ass!" No shortage of humor this week.
        sigpic

Comment

You honestly have got to be joking.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
            You honestly have got to be joking.
            Irony.

Comment

Methinks Eli is the new when it comes to one-liners & humorous quips. As far as secondary characters goes, Voulker is really doing it for me; it's great to see some secondaries getting some descent screen time & making their first appearences only 3 episodes into the series, for me at least, so funny/memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                Methinks Eli is the new when it comes to one-liners & humorous quips. As far as secondary characters goes, Voulker is really doing it for me; it's great to see some secondaries getting some descent screen time & making their first appearences only 3 episodes into the series, for me at least, so funny/memorable.
                Riley has gotten a few sarcastic remarks in too but I think Eli will ultimately be the one to follow in O'Neill's footsteps with the witty remarks. Volker's been great so far and has provided his own kind of intellectual humor.
                sigpic

Comment

The humor in this episode was very well done, It was frequent but not overplayed and had a very natural timing and sense about it. especially the "who smells the most" scene, which felt like it was a very real conversation.

some of my fav lines where...
                  - "What are you liek 40 something...", "no 34" .... pause
                  - The Knio going into the hot girls room with Eli & Riley "we took a wrong turn", then Young mocking them like school kids.
                  - The Shower scene was very well played, and Eli's expression after Chloe says "will you show me how the shower works"
                  - When Rush sends that scientist back to Young's "office". "Want me to hold your hand".
                  - "This was great, I feel we have really all bonded as a team"

However there was some misses, such as the earthquake girl.
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Watching again, and Greer got a good one.
                    Rush: Orbital insertion trajectory.
                    Scott: That was my first thought...
                    Greer: No, your first thought was that we'd fly into the damn thing.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Yup. LOTS of good humor in this one. Also, the crew does seem to be on its way to bonding a little.

Really, there were just too many scenes to mention, but some of the standouts included the Volker/Young exchange after Rush threw him out(I just loved Young's delivery of "Oh, you have got to be kidding me..."), Volker's Mozart rant(I also enjoyed it as a nod to "Amadeus"), Eli's "I'm torn right now" and him and Riley basically spying on <snipped by Moderator>
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 October 2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah this episode was really good! Had SG feel to it still . Thought it was hillarious when Rush was screaming and panicking before he colapsed, I was reminded of McKay xD and was expecting him to find a reset button soon .
                        What?? A signature? Pfft...

Comment

The humour was great in this episode.

Brody's kino dating video.

The scene where Eli and Riley "makes a wrong turn" and bumps into Lt. Booby

James: "I can, and will kick your ass"

Young: "Wrong turn, really? You gonna stick to that story?"

Riley: *nods*

Park's earthquake rant was also quite funny.
                          sigpic

Comment

" do i have to hold your hand? " -Young to volker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              Speaking of Kino usage, Vanessa James' reaction to Eli & Riley spying on her with a Kino was priceless: "I can and will kick your ass!" No shortage of humor this week.
                              Potty humor at the expense of another isn't funny to a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Landers View Post
                                Potty humor at the expense of another isn't funny to a lot of people.
                                However it is to many of us!

On a more highbrow note I chuckled my way through the monologue over which composer to compare Rush to.

Comment

Working...
                                X