Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    "I can and will kick your ass!"
    It'd been worth it. But I don't see how it proves anything, the timing was just that it looked perverted. Young was strolling the same hallway the Kino was just floating down from the other direction. It didn't look like it was making a break for a room.

Poor Eli though, blamed for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post

Poor Eli though, blamed for everything.
      But thats what makes him so lovable as a character

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        However it is to many of us!

On a more highbrow note I chuckled my way through the monologue over which composer to compare Rush to.
        yeah, I'd have to agree. We find that pretty funny.

I think you could compare Rush to any mad scientist/composer.

Rush: Its alive, ITS ALIVE!!!

okay, he didn't say that, but who wants to see him utter those words?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

I think SGU is having a nice balnce between lowbrow and highbrow. I mean what other shows would have a comedy monolague invloving classical music composers.

Comment

I think SGU is having a nice balnce between lowbrow and highbrow. I mean what other shows would have a comedy monolague invloving classical music composers.
            and then there are the less...civil shots such as Eli and Riley's antics with the kinos.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Raises hand ...

Can't really add anything to the list here, except that I liked all of those mentioned. Thought there was a lot of humor in it, and hoping for more.

Comment

Well how about that... give the show time to establish itself and you'll find it isn't that different. Hell of a concept, eh SGU bashers?

I loved Eli's use of dry humor as a defense mechanism during the Observation Room scene, where he was confronted by the... lower end of the pay scale. It fits.
                Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Loved the whole exchange with Young and Eli about the "story" also loved the whole shower jokes.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                    I think this episode pretty much throws away the assumption that SGU will lose the humour that Stargate had always been known for.
                    I like most of the humor--but the Planet of the Apes jokes with Eli need to stop now.

Comment

SGU is new, but lets face it! the writers are who they are, and eventually SGU will develop into a full fleged Stargate show...and I for one am still loving it I just watched all the eps again...

--should study for midterms--

Comment

call me confused...I didn't find any humor in the ep. It wasn't funny for me, they tried TOO hard IMHO. Eli needs to stop the planet of the apes jokes, they are so forced. The jokes in sga and sg1 seemed to flow naturally, these don't.
                        Last edited by Rac80; 17 October 2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Young: "Wrong turn? That's what you're going with?"

Comment

I would

None that I can think of...well a few but I cannot put a name to them

HEck I have been enjoying the humor all along, but I did not find the shower thing particularily funny. Just the I can talk out of this thing bit.
                            Though a new phenomenon that I doubt the writers imagined...having James constantly referred to in a deragratory manor due to one scene.

Comment

Though a new phenomenon that I doubt the writers imagined...having James constantly referred to in a deragratory manor due to one scene.
                              I was just thinking about the level of disrespect being shown to the actors. Thing is, they should have seen it coming if they didn't. It goes hand in hand with that kind of T&A humor.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                                I was just thinking about the level of disrespect being shown to the actors. Thing is, they should have seen it coming if they didn't. It goes hand in hand with that kind of T&A humor.
                                Well sure but its not really neccessary IMO. Especialyl based off of one scene that we have really seen her in, and one scene that was not her fault and I do believe to be pure coincedence.

Comment

Working...
                                X