No announcement yet.

The Humour! She's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sure but its not really neccessary IMO. Especialyl based off of one scene that we have really seen her in, and one scene that was not her fault and I do believe to be pure coincedence.
    No, it's absolutely not her fault. Actors need work even when it's marginally distasteful, and the character isn't responsible for other people's immaturity.

If people are going to post crude, sexist things, that's on them.

At the same time, when the writers and directors decide to leap for the lowest common denominator, they shouldn't be surprised when the reaction is predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
      No, it's absolutely not her fault. Actors need work even when it's marginally distasteful, and the character isn't responsible for other people's immaturity.

If people are going to post crude, sexist things, that's on them.

At the same time, when the writers and directors decide to leap for the lowest common denominator, they shouldn't be surprised when the reaction is predictable.
      True but it was just one scene.
      I did get a slight chuckle when the cook looked at the bowl of grog wondering what kind of 'recipies' he was going to make

Comment

True but it was just one scene.
        Totally true. I enjoyed this episode, and am hoping (with a couple of exceptions) that this is the direction in which the show will continue.

I did get a slight chuckle when the cook looked at the bowl of grog wondering what kind of 'recipies' he was going to make
        Heh, yes, I felt pity for the cook. Worst possible cooking scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          call me confused...I didn't find any humor in the ep. It wasn't funny for me, they tried TOO hard IMHO. Eli needs to stop the planet of the apes jokes, they are so forced. The jokes in sga and sg1 seemed to flow naturally, these don't.
          Well there are different types of humour, not everyone can have the same taste. Being British I perosanlly enjoy a darker, more cynical humour which SGU seems to provide.

Oh that raised a chuckle from me, the poor ******* faced with a cooks worst nightmare!

Comment

Totally true. I enjoyed this episode, and am hoping (with a couple of exceptions) that this is the direction in which the show will continue.

I wonder what he will come up with

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              Well there are different types of humour, not everyone can have the same taste. Being British I perosanlly enjoy a darker, more cynical humour which SGU seems to provide.
              You can say the same thing about me. If you replace "British" with "Swedish".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                You can say the same thing about me. If you replace "British" with "Swedish".
                I guess European humour tends to be darker, I know some mainstream british comedians like Frankie Boyle whose work is so near the knuckle they simply wouldnt get away with it in America.

Comment

it took me till this ep to realize that eli's shirt said and with the gas giant scene it really worked
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There was just about no humor that was "stargate-esque" in this episode. Yes, there were some humorous situations, but it was simply not the name type of light humor that we'd typically get with the other two shows. The episode was still mostly serious.

Comment

Can't remember the exact phrasing, but the bit where Russh guesses about the habitable planets and TJ says, "I din't tell him!"
                      And Rush explains that he figured it out because they were all smiling.
                      Not hilarious, but still funny and no one had mentioned it yet.

Oh, and Eli leaving the showers, the first time.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Yes, there were some humorous situations, but it was simply not the name type of light humor that we'd typically get with the other two shows. The episode was still mostly serious.
                        True, there was nothing even close to the humorous banter between Jack and Daniel, but I was immensely grateful to be able to crack a smile. And some of the kino scenes were close. The musicians thing was pretty darn funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                          I think this episode pretty much throws away the assumption that SGU will lose the humour that Stargate had always been known for.
                          What humour? You must have seen a different version than I did.

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                          I'm really loving the secondary cast so far. Darkness was a great introduction for them all, and none of them disappointed.
                          I thought they all disappointed and that was a fairly boring bit. I don't care about them, so I don't want to hear them moan about life the universe and everything.

Comment

I liked the lady scientist...Park, was it? How she went on that rant and then ended with the "Or, you know...it could be nice". Her delivery was quite good.

Comment

I liked the lady scientist...Park, was it? How she went on that rant and then ended with the "Or, you know...it could be nice". Her delivery was quite good.
                              She was good, and I hope we see her character more. A number of the kino scenes made me want to see more of those folks.

Comment

I think each episode has more and more humour than the last, which i have to contrast with the idea of the ships problems getting solved, and the bonding of the characters. As the characters are getting more relaxed (Because...they were joking and stuff before they actually knew of the power problem) more humour is being produced.

I particularly loved Eli's awkwardness in the shower scene with Chloe - CLASSIC. I even cracked a little smile when Rush smirked after being slingshotted, that was something i thought i'd never see .

Darkness, for me, was a good episode. I am looking forward to "Light" now, i can't wait!

ELI + CHLOE!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X