No announcement yet.

The Humour! She's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinister humour? Like gallows humour? Just wild guessing on my part. I like the term though.
    sigpic

Comment

Its just like sarcasm. Its essentially oddball humor or comments thats normally considered insulting but because its in a particular situation or you know how the commenter thinks can be considered funny.

I think its stems from the fact that left handed people are the oddity. lol, I am left handed. :-P

Comment

Never ran across that expression before...

Comment

I think Donald F Glut used it. star wars writer if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
            Its just like sarcasm. Its essentially oddball humor or comments thats normally considered insulting but because its in a particular situation or you know how the commenter thinks can be considered funny.

I think its stems from the fact that left handed people are the oddity. lol, I am left handed. :-P
            *nods* That describes my son, nephew and my brother, all southpaws
            sigpic

Comment

left handed are more artistic apparently. wait...I'm an artist. lol Noooooooooooooooo..I'm a statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                Okay, I get what you mean by backhanded humor. Like a backhanded compliment,so...sarcasm, basically. What the heck is lefthanded humor, though?
                Logically it'd be somewhere between Front handed and Back handed, therefore, sarcasticly honest with a twist of takin the p***!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  yes all those proud French military victories...
                  Thank you, Sir, for cheering up my otherwise boring day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by skajkingdom View Post
                    Thank you, Sir, for cheering up my otherwise boring day at the office.
                    My pleasure

Comment

I really enjoyed the humour in this ep as well. The witty, snappy dialogue was very Firefly, without being too light as it was nicely mixed with some serious elements like Rush's breakdown (as he is already like an island on the crew) and Telford's stern assessment on Young's leadership.

Some of my favourites were Young to Volker and Young to the cook. That cook would have to be a genius on Rush's level to come up with something decent with the rations they have.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                        I really enjoyed the humour in this ep as well. The witty, snappy dialogue was very Firefly, without being too light as it was nicely mixed with some serious elements like Rush's breakdown (as he is already like an island on the crew) and Telford's stern assessment on Young's leadership.

Some of my favourites were Young to Volker and Young to the cook. That cook would have to be a genius on Rush's level to come up with something decent with the rations they have.
                        The comedy and the dialogue in this episode left me with high hopes for the rest of the season.
                        Last edited by IcarusAbides; 23 October 2009, 08:36 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar - what else
                        sigpic

Comment

I was so glad to see some humor back into stargate especially eli, i loved where he got taken into the room full of people and questioned, and when he pointed out to young he was an mit dropout, love that boy

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                            The comedy and the dialogue in this episode left me with high hopes for the rest of the season.
                            I always knew that TPTB were going to inject humor into SGU. It was just a matter of when. With the premiere, there were little traces of it, like with Riley's sarcasm, Greer's lines towards Rush in the desert (yes, it's darkly funny to some of us), and of course, Eli. With a rather quarrelsome group of secondary characters, I'm sure they'll be able to mine a lot of humor from the cast.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X