sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      Oooooh, yes please!
      Why are you hitting me? Linda was the one who said Rush wasn't thunkable
      Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      What/ Um/ *runs and hides post history*
      It would take days to hide those 20,000+ posts

Yes true, TJ didn't really do much apart from sitting around keeping an eye on Young, but I hope she gets something more to do in the next couple of eps. She's the only one i'm not sure about. She's the only one that looks like wallpaper material but I hope i'm wrong because I think given a chance, she could be a good character.
      Their are certain spoilers that if used right will make TJ very interesting. It has to do with her medical scholarship

And that is my problem. In SGA we get McKay/Keller joining the mile high club and in SGU we get closet sex. If they want to make it more character driven then can't they at least write a mature relationship into the show instead of a quickie in the closet. What was the point of it. It wasn't shown here and it didn't detract from the ep.
      Don't you see the problem? Its too early for a mature relationship. Its the pilot for crying out loud. A good relationship to develop. The point to me was to show that Scott isn't squeaky clean like the people from SG1/SGA.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes it is true that it's too early to tell. And they did once upon a time write for females quite well (Carter, Janet) then I don't know what happened after that. It seemed that we got a cliche female (Vala), wallpaper females (SGA, Teyla, Weir, Carter), and damsel in distress female (Keller). I really hope they found their mojo for writing females again.
        I hope they found their mojo for writing males again too. Ronon, for example, was never allowed to be more than the hot guy with a hot temper and a big gun. If he'd learned to curb his temper and studied a bit of science he'd have been just as hot and Identity and The Last Man showed that there are times when the big gun approach is the most sensible one to take under the circumstances.

mmmmmmm Spike from Vegas, what I wouldn't give to see him again...He was Hot with a capital H Only good thing about Vegas
        I loved Vegas and it wasn't just for Spike.

Yes, so not fair. We get all these hot women. Is it really too much to ask for just one hot guy to drool over? *pouts*
        As jelgate said in his post -

Originally posted by jelgate
        Beauty is the eye of the beholder. I know plenty who say they are "hot guys" in SGU. Now excuse me while I go stare at Chloe pictures
        jelgate didn't mention thinking that Tamara and Camile are hot and it's very likely that many male viewers don't think that Chloe is hot.

My idea of hot are Steve and the Wraith scientist from Allies. As we won't be getting any Wraith in SGU I'll just have to make do with Young and Telford who I think are very attractive for human males.

I haven't seen the sex scene cause It got cut in the UK showing but bonkin in a closet? Can't these guys write good ol' fashioned mature adult relationships? We get the mile high club in SGA and now a rump in a closet Geez grow up guys, you're not frat boys any more
        How do we know that Scott won't progress from bonking in a closet to a mature relationship over the course of the series?

As for McKay and Keller in Brainstorm, they were supposed to be developing a mature, adult relationship even if it was badly written. It was implied that they ended up making love but it wasn't like they sneaked off to a toilet on a commercial airliner full of other passengers for a quick thrill. It was on a private jet and Keller says -

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/516.shtml

KELLER: You know, it is kinda nice, just me and you back here.

In this respect it was no different from them being in a hotel room so why shouldn't they take advantage of a period of calm and quiet because anything could happen on Atlantis at any time?
        Last edited by ciannwn; 07 October 2009, 10:34 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          I hope they found their mojo for writing males again too. Ronon, for example, was never allowed to be more than the hot guy with a hot temper and a big gun. If he'd learned to curb his temper and studied a bit of science he'd have been just as hot and Identity and The Last Man showed that there are times when the big gun approach is the most sensible one to take under the circumstances.

I loved Vegas and it wasn't just for Spike.

jelgate didn't mention thinking that Tamara and Camile are hot and it's very likely that many male viewers don't think that Chloe is hot.
          My idea of hot are Steve and the Wraith scientist from Allies. As we won't be getting any Wraith in SGU I'll just have to make do with Young and Telford who I think are very attractive for human males.

How do we know that Scott won't progress from bonking in a closet to a mature relationship as the series progresses.

As for McKay and Keller in Brainstorm, they were supposed to be developing a mature, adult relationship even if it was badly written. It was implied that they ended up making love but it wasn't like they sneaked off to a toilet on a commercial airliner full of other passengers for a quick thrill. It was on a private jet and Keller says -

In this respect it was no different from them being in a hotel room so why shouldn't they take advantage of a period of calm and quiet because anything could happen on Atlantis at any time?
          Wray is mildly thunkable but I don't really care for TJ in terms of thunking. Anyway your point is true. The thunking characters will vary. So far the only character I haven't heard people want to thunk is Greer.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
            Oooooh, yes please!
            Ok, *hands Lahela a............swordfish*

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Why are you hitting me? Linda was the one who said Rush wasn't thunkable
            Big mouth

It would take days to hide those 20,000+ posts
            You haven't seen my bedroom...Good luck finding anything in there

Their are certain spoilers that if used right will make TJ very interesting. It has to do with her medical scholarship
            ah ok then. I look forward to that progression. She could become a good character if they give her a chance

Don't you see the problem? Its too early for a mature relationship. Its the pilot for crying out loud. A good relationship to develop. The point to me was to show that Scott isn't squeaky clean like the people from SG1/SGA.
            Well at least have them in a room or something and not a supply closet

In a way Ronon was the male Teyla. As in wallpapered alot of the time....When he wasn't shooting something

Well there are no thunkable men in my eye *takes eye out and shows ciannwn* *points to eye* See I had Jack to ogle admire in SG-1 and Lorne and Carson to drool over admire in SGA I got no one in SGU *cries*

What? Too much?

How do we know that Scott won't progress from bonking in a closet to a mature relationship as the series progresses.
            Because give their track records I don't trust that these guys have it in them to write meaningful mature relationships

And that proves my point about me not trusting these guys to write a good mature relationship. When they do try they screw it up bigtime which is why i've come to the conclusion that they should leave the romantic relationships well enough alone in stargate
            sigpic

Comment

Big mouth
              Better my big mouth then your fish scales
              You haven't seen my bedroom...Good luck finding anything in there
              Did you invite the Loch Ness monster in again?

A supply closet is a room

Well there are no thunkable men in my eye *takes eye out and shows ciannwn* *points to eye* See I had Jack to ogle admire in SG-1 and Lorne and Carson to drool over admire in SGA I got no one in SGU *cries*
              I felt the same way in SG1 and yet I survived.

What? Too much?
              Yes

Because give their track records I don't trust that these guys have it in them to write meaningful mature relationships
              You said the same thing about Air a few months ago. And here we are.
              And that proves my point about me not trusting these guys to write a good mature relationship. When they do try they screw it up bigtime which is why i've come to the conclusion that they should leave the romantic relationships well enough alone in stargate
              I'm an optimist on this. Yes they have screwed up big time in the past but SG1/SGA were plot oriented. SGU being more character oriented gives room for development. And that what was missing in the past was development
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The thunking characters will vary. So far the only character I haven't heard people want to thunk is Greer.
                There's nothing wrong with his looks so he might well attract some thunkers later on when we've learned more about him.

Why? BSG's Tyrol used to sneak off for sex with Boomer while he was on duty at the start of the series but this didn't stop him from being a complex character with strengths as well as weaknesses.

See I had Jack to ogle admire in SG-1
                Meanwhile, I was unashamedly drooling over Apophis and Ba'al who I thought were the hottest males in Stargate until the Wraith came along. Jack and Bra'tac were two of my favourite characters but I never wanted to thunk over them. This, again, goes to show that 'hotness' is very much an individual opinion.

I don't trust these guys to write a mature relationship well but they might surprise me where SGU is concerned. I still accept that McKay and Keller were supposed to be developing a good, mature relationship, though, and try to look at things from that perspective.

I've just read the transcript for that missing scene and was delighted to find this -

YOUNG (over radio): Scott, this is Colonel Young, come in please? Our guests have arrived a few minutes early, Lieutenant. What's your position?

It makes me wish I'd seen it now because I think that's one of the best humour lines in the first two episodes.
                Last edited by ciannwn; 07 October 2009, 11:35 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Better my big mouth then your fish scales

Did you invite the Loch Ness monster in again?
                  Um....No? *whistles innocently*

A supply closet is a room
                  And how did I know you were gonna say that

I felt the same way in SG1 and yet I survived.
                  Oh even though I don't have any guys to drool over I have found a guy I like in the show. Colonel Young

You said the same thing about Air a few months ago. And here we are.

I'm an optimist on this. Yes they have screwed up big time in the past but SG1/SGA were plot oriented. SGU being more character oriented gives room for development. And that what was missing in the past was development
                  ah but there's a difference between writing a good show and writing a good romantic relationship. Want proof they can't write romance....Mckay/Keller

I rest my case

But on the plus side, MG isn't there to write it

Why? BSG's Tyrol used to sneak off for sex with Boomer while he was on duty at the start of the series but this didn't stop him from being complex character with strengths as well as weaknesses.
                  I stopped watching BSG. I don't mind sex in a show but this show was like a big fat orgy party in space

Yes they can become complex characters but I hope it doesn't become a habit, running off to the nearest supply closet to have sex. It will become tiresome fast (and no I don't mean the folks in the act, I mean for me )

Meanwhile, I was unashamedly drooling over Apophis and Ba'al who I thought were the hottest males in Stargate until the Wraith came along. Jack and Bra'tac were two of my favourite characters but I never wanted to thunk over them. This, again, goes to show that 'hotness' is very much an individual opinion.
                  Well Ba'al was hot

I don't trust these guys to write a mature relationship well but they might surprise me where SGU is concerned. I still accept that McKay and Keller were supposed to be developing a good, mature relationship, though, and try to look at things from that perspective.
                  Well if this is their idea of a good mature relationship then they should stop right now But then again, MG isn't here now so Brad and Rob might actually be able to pull it off.

I've just read the transcript for that missing scene and was delighted to find this -

YOUNG (over radio): Scott, this is Colonel Young, come in please? Our guests have arrived a few minutes early, Lieutenant. What's your position?

It makes me wish I'd seen it now because I think that's one of the best humour lines in the first two episodes.
                  What's his position? Yeah like he'd tell him
                  sigpic

Comment

Well if this is their idea of a good mature relationship then they should stop right now
                    All we know about the Scott/James relationship so far is that (a) they had sex in a closet (b) Scott pretended he didn't know her in public although it seems that Greer wasn't fooled and (c) Scott later starts what sounds like an apology to James for pretending he didn't know her.

This suggests to me that Scott thought pretending he didn't know James was the best way of keeping things a secret. He then suspected that he might have hurt her feelings by doing this so wanted to explain his reasons to her.

We have no idea at the moment if TPTB intend the Scott/James relationship to be regarded as good, mature one. For all we know, this could have been the first time they'd had sex anywhere and it was James who persuaded Scott to sneak off into the closet rather than the other way around. Perhaps the key element to it all is that Scott seemed to be concerned about her feelings - if so, this suggests that he has the potential to develop a mature relationship with someone in the future.
                    sigpic

Comment

All we know about the Scott/James relationship so far is that (a) they had sex in a closet (b) Scott pretended he didn't know her in public although it seems that Greer wasn't fooled and (c) Scott later starts what sounds like an apology to James for pretending he didn't know her.

This suggests to me that Scott thought pretending he didn't know James was the best way of keeping things a secret. He then suspected that he might have hurt her feelings by doing this so wanted to explain his reasons to her.

We have no idea at the moment if TPTB intend the Scott/James relationship to be regarded as good, mature one. For all we know, this could have been the first time they'd had sex anywhere and it was James who persuaded Scott to sneak off into the closet rather than the other way around. Perhaps the key element to it all is that Scott seemed to be concerned about her feelings - if so, this suggests that he has the potential to develop a mature relationship with someone in the future.
                      Um..............And this will not come as a great surprise, I am drawing a complete blank Shut up Jel

I really have to watch that closet scene so I can put it in perspective Maybe it's because I didn't see the closet scene that I um, can't recall the other scenes between them
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't realise that the Vegas wraith had a fanon name. Should have expected it

Back to SGU, I think the fact that Greer wasn't fooled by Lt Scott's act has a lot of potential. It means that Scott is likely to have/get a bit of a reputation which undermines his authority to some degree.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                          Back to SGU, I think the fact that Greer wasn't fooled by Lt Scott's act has a lot of potential. It means that Scott is likely to have/get a bit of a reputation which undermines his authority to some degree.
                          Even though it seems that Greer wasn't fooled by Scott pretending not to know James he still obeyed Scott's order to lower his gun when he was pointing it at Rush.
                          sigpic

Comment

Can anyone post the time when they 'saw' space suits? So i can go back and then see them for myself"?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Can anyone post the time when they 'saw' space suits? So i can go back and then see them for myself"?
                              There aren't any in "Air". Promos have shown what look to be space suits (actually, modified costumes from "The Lost Tribe") in future episodes.

Unless...that's not what you mean?
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

I haven't read any prior speculation or any reaction to the show so I don't know what the general vibe about is.

My overall impression was "Oh no, they're trying to be Battlestar Galactica - The Re-Imagination - Mk II"!

I'm normally all for non-formulaic TV but in this case it will bore me to death if action is replaced by a lot of "character stuff" -- ala the yawnfest that was BSG Season 4.

Like when the politician died and his daughter was having her scenes I was just shouting at the screen "Get on with it"! I don't see myself caring about these characters that much, and even if I did I still couldn't stand all that soap opera style stuff.

Production wise I couldn't fault it. Everything was top notch even though it was heavily BSG derivative in virtually all aspects!

I don't see many angles for getting comedy in the show. The fat geek seems like he's been setup to be the comic relief but his cliche lines and delivery just aren't laugh out loud material. This is a negative for me because I like comedy in my sci-fi. I think BSG and Sarah Connor are the only sci-fi shows I've seen that have been good without comedy.

I wasn't very excited or entertained by the episode so I'll just have to see how the rest of the series pans out. I hope it'll entertain me as there are currently no other sci-fi "space" shows.

Ultimately, if it turns into a soap opera with not much action and excitement it will annoy the hell out of me and become something that had the potential to be amazing but has failed spectacularly.

As I like sci-fi and my girlfriend will be watching every episode, however bad it is, anyway. I'll try and stay positive about it and hold back from judging it properly until the end of the season.

I wish it well...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X