This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    Even though it seems that Greer wasn't fooled by Scott pretending not to know James he still obeyed Scott's order to lower his gun when he was pointing it at Rush.
    True, it hasn't been a major issue yet.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      There were times when SGA should have been renamed Stargate Sheppard and McKay. Hopefully the SGU writers won't fall into the trap of finding two characters they prefer writing for and forget about everyone else.
      yeah, i really hope this doesn't happen, b/c i sure don't want to watch the rush and eli show.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
        My post wasn't directed specifically towards yours, but rather the mindset I mentioned. Many people talk about characters as though they're judging them based on whether they "do the right thing" in a given scenario, or if they're hilariously quippy.

Neither of those things are bad qualities for a character, but I tend to enjoy more diversity than just that, and I feel like past SG veered a lot toward the "happy fun times" and/or "well meaning" characters, with very few shades of gray with the main cast.

The only moment I found perhaps a bit forced was the one with Chloe and Scott. It's natural for Chloe to feel how she did, but it felt like they tried too hard to draw out our emotions when the previous couple scenes had already done that pretty well for me.

If you don't find the characters likeable, that's fair enough. Myself, I grew fond of several almost immediately.
        about the highlighted: that's the only part i kind of drifted off from too, but only because i don't really care for chloe (the actress kind of makes me twitchy ). but i adore character moments... but i guess i have to like the character(s) involved.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          about the highlighted: that's the only part i kind of drifted off from too, but only because i don't really care for chloe (the actress kind of makes me twitchy ). but i adore character moments... but i guess i have to like the character(s) involved.
          Those be fighting words sal

I honestly didn't like or hate the scene. I liked continuing the emotion of Chloe watch her father die but it seemed a little forced especially on Brian's side
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Those be fighting words sal

I honestly didn't like or hate the scene. I liked continuing the emotion of Chloe watch her father die but it seemed a little forced especially on Brian's side
            here we are married to one another, and yet we have such different tastes in lovers.

did i just type that out loud?

Spoiler:
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I disagree with you both. I liked the scene, and felt it was a fine transition from the previous scenes. Actually, my only gripe is that they jumped into it so soon after her scene with Rush.

Understandably it's due to editing, but I think it might have fit better a couple minutes more down the line.

Just my nitpicking I guess
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                here we are married to one another, and yet we have such different tastes in lovers.

did i just type that out loud?

Spoiler:
                Yes and I am more disturbed then I have ever been before.

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                I disagree with you both. I liked the scene, and felt it was a fine transition from the previous scenes. Actually, my only gripe is that they jumped into it so soon after her scene with Rush.

Understandably it's due to editing, but I think it might have fit better a couple minutes more down the line.

Just my nitpicking I guess
                Don't get me wrong I liked the scene. I just think Brian J. Smith's acting in it was less then convincing. He asks about wanting to know about a person who saved his life and their was no emotion. I don't expect the character to be crying like Chloe but I would have liked to see something
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, the 'suddenly a couple of minutes later' cuts bothered me a few times, though the flashbacks didn't. One of the other ones was when Scott called Greer in and suddenly they were walking along a corridor together.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Yes and I am more disturbed then I have ever been before.
                    This is saying something

Don't get me wrong I liked the scene. I just think Brian J. Smith's acting in it was less then convincing. He asks about wanting to know about a person who saved his life and their was no emotion. I don't expect the character to be crying like Chloe but I would have liked to see something
                    Eh, to each their own. I guess I talked about it in my review some, but I felt Brian did a good job in that scene as well

It had a lot to due with subtleties and/or voice inflection...but I definitely got something out of that scene.

Of course, I knew not many would agree with me on this point...so I totally understand
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

This is saying something
                      I was very proud. The student has arose to the ocasion

Eh, to each their own. I guess I talked about it in my review some, but I felt Brian did a good job in that scene as well

It had a lot to due with subtleties and/or voice inflection...but I definitely got something out of that scene.

Of course, I knew not many would agree with me on this point...so I totally understand
                      It has nothing to do with Brian. Other scenes show he can act but something just felt off. Its hard to put into words
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

It has nothing to do with Brian. Other scenes show he can act but something just felt off. Its hard to put into words
                        Understandable I do agree about the other scenes though
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

It's the past participle: has arisen.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            Yes, sir Plot holes.

Frankly sir, I believe calling this Three Parter Air was a mistake. This clearly should have been about the Lucian Alliance (who ever they were who cause the Evacuation)
                            No it shouldn't. They played a minor part and it was done well.

Sir, I get the sense the producers instructed the writers to get the characters in a contentious situation ASAP after the attack when it would have served psychological profiling to see these characters in a non harassed, non beligerent situation and working as a cohesive unit we're used to SG team working as. Quickly then progress them to infighting and fragmentation on a "REAL" threat and not just the really contrived threat of having to close....a door.

Think about it, sir. The writing made sure the characters didn't think of some obvious ways to survive the "door ordeal".

1. They were too busy bickering among themselves to diagnos their situation quickly.
                            They are stranded with limited air, resources and materials and you don't expect a bit of bickering? This is a character drama and they gave us plenty of that and well done I might add.

2. They only think to use the Stargate at the end. (WHY)
                            They couldn't use it till then the ship was traveling at FTL the gate wouldn't have worked.

3. They still haven't thought about moving most of the people to the planet temporarily just to make the air last longer on the ship after 12:00 hrs.
                            They only got there at the end of the ep!

4. They didn't use the obvious remote probe to close the door. (which is a really bad solution coming from the supposed geniuses on the team.
                            I believe they thought of that and concluded it wouldn't have worked.

5. A big problem with the show seem to be the path they're taking. That they are having difficulty with the ships systems They've had 5 years of experience with the Ancient style of programing and GUI and mechanics. This shouldn't be hard.
                            *sigh* The bloody ship is half built and falling apart how ever much expirence they have with Ancient tech is irrelevent.

I really was suspect on the series sir.
                            How with this much information do we keep these people from turning this ship around and heading home? How many contrived points are they're going to be just to keep these people far and away from home on the other side of the universe?
                            That is the premise of the damn show!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

YI just think Brian J. Smith's acting in it was less then convincing. He asks about wanting to know about a person who saved his life and their was no emotion. I don't expect the character to be crying like Chloe but I would have liked to see something

How I saw this scene.

He was concerned about Chloe but this was the first time he'd ever had to deal with a girl who'd just watched her father die in the way that the Senator did. She was in a very emotional state so he took the approach of being calm in the hope of getting through to her. Why did he want to get through to her? I think two of his lines are very significant here.

http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1...ipts/102.shtml

SCOTT: The man died so I could live.

SCOTT: All I know is that he wanted you to go on.

He's reminding her of why her father sacrificed himself and pointing out that he'd wanted his daughter to live and keep on going. Perhaps Scott was concerned that Chloe might be thinking of suicide because people driven by shock and grief can be very unpredictable.

Scott isn't a trained grief counsellor as far as we know. He's just a young military officer who is doing his best to deal with everything even though he's probably terrified and in his own state of shock concerning the Senator's death.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                *sigh* The bloody ship is half built and falling apart how ever much expirence they have with Ancient tech is irrelevent.
                                Have to agree with you here. Knowing everything there is to know about Ancient air scrubbers isn't enough. They won't get breathable air until they can find an adequate substitute for the compound which turned into sludge.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X