Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll definitely be respectful to the canon, I think, but I'm not quite sure as to whether it will preserve the same mood as SG-1 and SGA, which was part of the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
      Dee has been expressing a dislike for anything supposedly "sex filled, violent and gritty" for a while, in multiple threads. I fail to see why s/he is even bothering to read up on Universe if that's what s/he is expecting.
      I'm just confused as to where TPTB even intimated the SGU was going to be a sex filled romp, with swearing, excessive flashbacks and being politically correct, violent and gritty etc...

I wanna read what Dee has been reading.

As for SGU not being fun, I don't know where that was said either... darker doesn't necessarily equate to lack of fun - after all there is a whole genre of comedy out there that refers to 'darker' aspects of humanity... it's called 'black comedy'.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Huh. So SGU is sex and swearing filled, and it's violent and gritty...

...and it's Politically Correct?

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

LOL.
          Of course, where have you been?
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

As long as thry keep the comedy in it.RDA and Shanks should make a cameo in the pilot.
            Jackson: This is a radio. It's so my friends can find me, and shoot you.

Comment

Originally posted by sramir2 View Post
              Will SG:U be 'Stargate'?

Its a fair question...........here's my recipe for Stargate:

1.3 Cups of Stargate
              2.4 Cups of Humor/Comedy
              3.1 Cup of Technology
              4.2 to 3 Teaspoons of Character Development
              5.1 to 2 Cups of Military Action
              6.1/2 of Cup to 1 Full Cup of 'darkness'
              7.1 pinch of Relationships
              8.2 cups of Mythology
              9.1 Cup of Aliens
              10.1 Cup of the Ancients
              Mix until well blended, no clumpy but smooth and whippy-like. Let it sit for a hour, then serve to everybody who are scifi fans.
              I'll have a bit of hawtness sauce on mine please.
              Originally posted by dee View Post
              No, Theres not much about the stargate at all...
              In SGU? Actually, there is. I think you have SGU confused with that recurring nightmare you've been experiencing lately...
              Last edited by Eternal Density; 29 June 2009, 08:52 PM.
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I'm very much looking forward to it. I've enjoyed all of Stargate, but have only believed the first 6 seasons of SG1 (and S1 of SGA) to be unquestionably fantastic. The rest I've enjoyed, but they haven't been 'great' (imo).

My biggest issue has always been - how can 'military science fiction' be light hearted? Seriously? The odd joke here and there sure, afterall as anyone who's spent any time with ANY military unit will know that a sense of humour is vital. But things got out of hand as the military dynamic of the show later got replaced by clowning around and making the characters less professional (I wonder if the move to Sci Fi was to blame?). So a darker approach to Stargate, will hopefully imo, be AT LEAST a return to the first half of SG1, if not closer to the movie. And I look forward to it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You know, I may actually like it more if it isn't the Stargate we have known all these years. Stargate SG-1 was great from start to finish (even though the story was pretty much finished after season 8 already), but Atlantis outright failed in my opinion. The writers just could not take any risks (relationships between various characters & major story arcs).

I'm not saying it should be like BSG, but something more along the lines of Farscape. I want more game-changing story arcs and character development and actual adult relationships.
                  sigpic

Comment

If it has the word "stargate" in it then ill watch it. I love SG-1, didnt really get into SGA at first but now i adore it and i think the movies are brilliant. Im looking forward to SGU, i think it will add new life to the whole stargate concept and it will be just as good.

Bring on SGU
                    If i cant remember it, it didnt happen!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

LOL.
                      It can happen...

In a way, political correctness dictates that there must be sex, swearing and violence to trash the people who don't like them.

Comment

i agree it does and should be a bit like farscapes format and im surprised it hasnt been brought up before.but yeah wat is dee talking about?she must be readin the same thing as the 90210 crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                          i agree it does and should be a bit like farscapes format and im surprised it hasnt been brought up before.but yeah wat is dee talking about?she must be readin the same thing as the 90210 crowd.
                          Hey Kenny, haven't seen you in a while. Yeah, good thing the 90210 crowd (as well as comments) have died down a LOT.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            Hey Kenny, haven't seen you in a while. Yeah, good thing the 90210 crowd (as well as comments) have died down a LOT.
                            ZOMG! Stargalactica Voyager 90210 Code 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111eleventyone!!!!!

Looks evry1 at my rly funy link to the 200 teengate clip! zomg rnt i funny!?!

And so on.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              ZOMG! Stargalactica Voyager 90210 Code 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111eleventyone!!!!!

Looks evry1 at my rly funy link to the 200 teengate clip! zomg rnt i funny!?!

And so on.
                              Indeed,
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Of course it will be Stargate to me. There is no possible way that it WON'T be stargate. Whether I enjoy it or not remains to be seen. Either way, it's still Stargate, and will still be Stargate 'to me'.
                                BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X