Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, the original "Stargate" was about discovering the new and it was about the characters that do it.
    For me, "stargate" was about Hammond, O'neill, Sam Daniel, Teal'c, Apophis, Ra, Sokar, Replicators, Skaara, Nox, Furligs, cristal skull people, Tok'ra and mysterious ancient beeings that created the network of stargates.
    When most of the secrets of the stargate and of the galaxy where discovered, "stargate" almost ended for me.
    For me, the stargate just beeing a means of travel doesn't equivalate with the original "stargate".
    IMO, "Atlantis" was not "stargate" as it should have been. I mean, they had a guy there( Rodney ) who thinks he is as smart as the ancients and sometimes(but only under preassure ) he shows it. I mean come on... We are supposed to be ANTS compared to them...
    They have to make SGU pretty damn special, and for me, I don't know it will equivalate with the original Stargate.
    Annyways, I'm not from this part of the universe, so I my be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Pazuzu View Post
      IMO, the original "Stargate" was about discovering the new and it was about the characters that do it.
      For me, "stargate" was about Hammond, O'neill, Sam Daniel, Teal'c, Apophis, Ra, Sokar, Replicators, Skaara, Nox, Furligs, cristal skull people, Tok'ra and mysterious ancient beeings that created the network of stargates.
      When most of the secrets of the stargate and of the galaxy where discovered, "stargate" almost ended for me.
      For me, the stargate just beeing a means of travel doesn't equivalate with the original "stargate".
      I'm not quite sure what you mean be the stargate just being a means of travel. Apart from occasionally being an object of fear or worship by some people, and being used to blow up a star or blowing up itself, it doesn't do much else.
      From what I've heard about SGU, the Stargate will be used to explore entirely new galaxies (new to us, that is) and will also be a necessity to survival. So there's plenty of new things to be discovered and even secrets of the stargate to uncover. And definitely it will be about the characters that do it. (Some more than others.)
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
      X